Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Read this:

It is not & never has been a dangerous extremist organisation.

Define extremism, in your view.
Like all good intention movements, it will quickly attracts a wacko element that lust for power. The process of eating itself has already begun as it is already turning from an environment focus to social reform with no real clear intentions.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Has its aim changed?

Extinction Rebellion's website, at the time of the group's inception in the UK, stated the following aims:
  1. Government must tell the truth by declaring a climate and ecological emergency, working with other institutions to communicate the urgency for change.
  2. Government must act now to halt biodiversity loss and reduce greenhouse gas emissions to net-zero by 2025.[18]
  3. Government must create, and be led by the decisions of, a citizens' assembly on climate and ecological justice.
When the movement expanded to the United States, a further demand was added to that group's list: "We demand a just transition that prioritizes the most vulnerable people and indigenous sovereignty; establishes reparations and remediation led by and for Black people, Indigenous people, people of color and poor communities for years of environmental injustice, establishes legal rights for ecosystems to thrive and regenerate in perpetuity, and repairs the effects of ongoing ecocide to prevent extinction of human and all species, in order to maintain a livable, just planet for all."
It was always about societal reform.

Again, this document outlines requirements for addressing CC:

It requires societal reform.

The end.

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Has its aim changed?

It was always about societal reform.

Again, this document outlines requirements for addressing CC:

It requires societal reform.

The end.
I am predicting it’s aim will become polluted.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I did. Doesn't discuss Roger Hallam.

Dangerous extremism is being discussed here, not extremism per se.

I was trying to determine if you confuse extremism with dangerous extremism. I suspect you do.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
This is not an emotive issue.

CC is explained by science, it’s very prescriptive.

7% p.a. annual reductions commencing 2020.

If we fail to meet these objectives, kiss this planet goodbye. (Even if we do meet these objectives there’s a good chance it’s fairly busted anyway).

Any organisation which recognised this crisis is worth listening to.

That’s pretty much it.

I will watch the videos later but I doubt there is any content that I will brand inappropriate or dangerous.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
This is not an emotive issue.

I will watch the videos later but I doubt there is any content that I will brand inappropriate or dangerous.
Yeah, I doubt it too.

I have never argued against CC, and you're being disingenuous by avoiding my point now. .... again ...... it's circular and pointless.

"That’s pretty much it."

climberman

Likes Dirt
It's one of the lines from the deniers that shit me to tears "They're just saying that because their grant funding depends on perpetuating the climate myth".

Sure, and all the people linked to mining and energy are completely objective and don't have anything riding on the outcome.
Also displays a misunderstanding of what grants usually constitute. It's not like when a researcher gets a $100K grant or whatever it gets added to their personal income, it is allocated to materials, staff, lab space, transport to research sites, etc, etc. I think many people have the impression grants are an open cheque for researchers - "here, have $200K and go on holiday, send in a report by text when you are done".

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
The greenhouse effect/cc is here now ,there will be some extinction its just a matter of whether the earth will be OK for some humans to survive and science can reduce it.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Also displays a misunderstanding of what grants usually constitute. It's not like when a researcher gets a $100K grant or whatever it gets added to their personal income, it is allocated to materials, staff, lab space, transport to research sites, etc, etc. I think many people have the impression grants are an open cheque for researchers - "here, have $200K and go on holiday, send in a report by text when you are done".
Well you can't blame them, that's basically how it worked for Barnaby Joyce with his 'special envoy' role....