Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Australia is leading the world! Bwahahahaa!!!!!

Since 1966:

View attachment 372234

Last decade:

View attachment 372235

Just solar, last ten years:

View attachment 372236

All the while we are shipping coal offshore in huge volumes & wish to engage in a gas-led recovery of the economy.

Stop smoking the crack pipe.

I like seeing some countries listed high in those tables who (like us) heir economy has significant reliance on fossil fuels, yet they are still pushing hard into renewables.

Our leaders simply suck arse at this.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
I think your right there! If they log them, so there are no forests left at all, there will be no more bush fires. Easy right?
I believe that a phase change occurs in this instance and they transmogrify into something quite benevolent called a 'grass fire'. My Minister advises that these can be easily contained with simple metal cone. I'm still not clear exactly how that works...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I believe that a phase change occurs in this instance and they transmogrify into something quite benevolent called a 'grass fire'. My Minister advises that these can be easily contained with simple metal cone. I'm still not clear exactly how that works...
It needs to be inverse.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Truth is the population is way beyond where it would need to be capped. That's the elephant in the room that no one has the balls to mention.
Yep, I hate it. Domestically all the stupid baby bonuses and tax concessions for parents to encourage population/economic growth have me baffled as it's such short-sighted policy making. I get why the governments aren't willing to upset all the Mum and Dad voters by actually tackling the issue (ie: it'd be electoral suicide), but realistically it's the easiest part of this ever-growing challenge to tackle. Something like China's old one-child policy (without the associated gender, err, "selection" issues) needs to be introduced worldwide, but internationally it won't happen either as there is so many places that have cultural/religious beliefs that having as many children as possible is paramount. Who'd want education and strict but fair and effective government policy now, when we can wait and stick it out with religion and neoliberalism setting the groundwork to wipe out huges swathes of human population (and biodiversity generally) in the inevitable wars and famines to come... Yay humans!

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Doesn't address the specific problem of population as a whole. That is this planet's biggest problem, and no one in a responsible position is brave

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
I watched it twice to be sure, and it doesn't address the specific problem of population as a whole. That is this planet's biggest problem, and no one in a responsible position is brave enough to mention it. Because reducing the human population, then maintaining it at a sustainable level is going to require something a bit wider-spread than simple targetted genocide......

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Look - only some humans have put us in this position. The rich fuckers. If you don't understand this, you need to watch the video for a third time.

We have no CO2 budget left so all we have left to do is eliminate CO2 emissions & commence carbon sequestration on an unbelievable scale.

We've got a decade to prove this is possible.

What the hell does population have to do with this? Population management won't solve shit.