Playstation 3 Thread

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
The latest hacks on COD 4 are ruining it. I am getting slaughtered by guys inside containers, inside rocks, off the map, laying down while invisible! I am quitting each game as it happens but I am finding it so frequent. They must have aboring day job to want to cheat on a video game...............Word on the street is that you can report the users who are doing it to Infinity Ward and they will check some stuff out. Dob 'em in!

sam705

Likes Dirt
Yeah, it is very annoying.
There is a glitch on 'Creek' that allows you hp inside this rock and be able to shoot people, but they cannot see you. Pretty sweet!
Glitches are ok, but when it comes to hacking a game, it's just ruining it for everyone.
Everyone seems to be starting new accounts if the are doing this flying hack, hopefully Infinity Ward finds every person and also ban their main account.

sam705

Likes Dirt
It seems Infinity Ward have patched it.
Was playing today and didn't see one flyer, no more cheaters!

simmooo!

Likes Dirt
It seems Infinity Ward have patched it.
Was playing today and didn't see one flyer, no more cheaters!
Played against some last night also one made it so the game wouldn't start and everyone would just start and just stay in spectator mode, just a bunch of dickheads ruining it for everyone else..
Havent played a proper game tonite only private match so I wouldn't know

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Just though I would give everyone a heads up that COD 5 World At War, is currently on double XP points for the weekend!
Have already leveled up from 51 to 53 tonight! :D

beaumont

Likes Bikes
The latest hacks on COD 4 are ruining it. I am getting slaughtered by guys inside containers, inside rocks, off the map, laying down while invisible! I am quitting each game as it happens but I am finding it so frequent. They must have aboring day job to want to cheat on a video game...............Word on the street is that you can report the users who are doing it to Infinity Ward and they will check some stuff out. Dob 'em in!
yeah how bad is it
you cant even bloody play a game on it anymore
at least mw2 will be out soon!
my psn is beauy137

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Have you guys downloaded the Batman demo? I'm impressed, I think I'll be buying this game as I'm a Batman buff since I was crapping in my nappies. Very good demo by the way, feels very fluid and makes me think like the bat.;)

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
help needed

HAs anyone here had any memory problems with their PS3 yet?

I've left mine in the hands of a few mates and they're now telling me that they can't play any new games on it as when the games go to install software updates, the PS3 claims it has insufficient memory to carry it out despite the memory having been wiped of all but save game files and there certainly shouldn't be 40gb worth of them!

I wish I could go into greater detail but that's all the info I got from them over the phone and whilst I've tasked them with getting it sorted out before I return, I have to take into account that they are a household of pissheads, stoners and a drummer and as such my confidence levels aren't too high for them sorting it without all manner of calamity ensuing.

So, any help, info etc. would be greatly appreciated!

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I also have a problem.

My PS3 now loads to the main screen and everything, but under the game tab, no actual game will show, as in being able to click on it and play. I have Saved Games, Trophies etc, but the icon for the actual game will not come up. I have tried with many other games and same thing.

I have read that maybe my laser is fried or something, but was wondering whether anyone has had the same problem, and or know how to fix it.

Cheers

Deviant_Angel

Likes Dirt
I also have a problem.

My PS3 now loads to the main screen and everything, but under the game tab, no actual game will show, as in being able to click on it and play. I have Saved Games, Trophies etc, but the icon for the actual game will not come up. I have tried with many other games and same thing.

I have read that maybe my laser is fried or something, but was wondering whether anyone has had the same problem, and or know how to fix it.

Cheers
My mate had that same problem he had it sent to Sony
My advice take it to EB and tell them and you may be in luck and get a new PS3 if Sony can't fix it

Deviant_Angel

Likes Dirt
HAs anyone here had any memory problems with their PS3 yet?

I've left mine in the hands of a few mates and they're now telling me that they can't play any new games on it as when the games go to install software updates, the PS3 claims it has insufficient memory to carry it out despite the memory having been wiped of all but save game files and there certainly shouldn't be 40gb worth of them!

I wish I could go into greater detail but that's all the info I got from them over the phone and whilst I've tasked them with getting it sorted out before I return, I have to take into account that they are a household of pissheads, stoners and a drummer and as such my confidence levels aren't too high for them sorting it without all manner of calamity ensuing.

So, any help, info etc. would be greatly appreciated!
That happend to me. I think your "pisshead mates" may of done something to the filter or fan etc.
Just take it to EB or ask around on the internet.

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
I also have a problem.

Cheers
This happened to me. Get it sent off to PS3, and receive and Aftermarket 120 GB hard drive free of charge.
Only took me 2 weeks to get mine back!

get a new PS3 if Sony can't fix it
What they do is....

1. Fix farked PS3's.
  2. Keep them for people who need one under warranty.
  3. They are sent straight from Sony to your front door!
Multi-national corporations recycling, noice!

Last edited:

whiteman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I also have a problem.

Cheers
The exact same thing happened to my PS3. Contact Sony's warranty department and they will send you an email with the warranty form. You just fill it out and take it to Australia Post and they give you a box, bubble wrap and free postage.

This happened to me. Get it sent off to PS3, and receive and Aftermarket 120 GB hard drive free of charge.
Only took me 2 weeks to get mine back!
Whats the deal with getting the 120Gb hard drive. When I warrantied mine I didn't get a free hard drive upgrade...at least not that I know of.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
The slimmer version looks like something Hasbro invented for a five year old. I'm bloody impressed with the price though! I have heard that firmware 3.00 is loaded with goodies!
Have you guys rolled the Batman demo yet? Damn that rolls along well, can't wait for the full version so I can throw my Batarang across the room!

Last edited: