Playstation 3 Thread

brindog

Likes Dirt
bloody oath !!
They spawn right behind you or beside you, what a joke, I've gotten killed like that so many times its not funny, sorta over it all ready, but will have a few more cracks at it.
Hopefully they fix the spawning problem.

Some of the gun sounds are terrible, sounds like tom thumbs.

In campain Im up to the level where you drive the boat, its pretty hard to drive, I keep crashing, meh, guess I can't play it properly. So far it been good though. :cool:

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Yeah, I'm finding this a little....different. I think I prefer MW2 better, its faster and more punchy, but I'm warming up to it. I think its everything I wanted WAW to be, but never was. Even with one red bar of signal, I still managed to come first in one game, have no idea how :D At least it doesn't suck balls when signal isn't great.

Ended up playing some online zombies as well with the wife and a few mates, and that was awesome. Needs more maps though, being limited to the theatre map because one of my guys at work hasn't finished single player was a little repetative.
OK, so, big easter egg, when you're at the main menu for the whole game, tap R2+L2 and you will break free from the seat, and you can walk around, walk behind you, there's a computer. Use it, and it will ask for a password, it's DOA.
This will unlock another map for zombies!

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Im going to sulk off back to BC2 and wait for the Vietnam expansion..
Just saw the teaser trailer.

It has a Huey doing a strafing attack run on a small village, Creedence singing 'Fortunate Son' on the soundtrack and at the tail end you can hear in-game loudspeaker propaganda broadcasts of a 'Hanoi Hannah' type chick telling the GI's to go home. It looks like it'll be f***ing mental!

I wonder if there'll be bonus XP for surfing under mortar fire or smoking weed through the barrel of a shottie?

Mattw513

Likes Bikes and Dirt
bloody oath !!
They spawn right behind you or beside you, what a joke, I've gotten killed like that so many times its not funny, sorta over it all ready, but will have a few more cracks at it.
Hopefully they fix the spawning problem.
The spawning is so bad in Black Ops. The other day when I was playing, I just ran into a room to see what was going on, then two guys spawn right behind me in the same room and kill me! Didn't see that one coming haha. But I'm also over it already, I've gone back to MW2, so much better.

Anyone feel free to add me. I'm playing MW2 but may give Black Ops another go.

PSN: xMaTT_w

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Had a blast last night... well early on anyway. I was averaging 1.4KD and top 3 in all matches. But i was drinking beer and stumbled upon the dance music thread and had that playing with no CoD sounds. It was alright until i had more beer haha it went downhill from there until i was last and .5KD :cool:

That spawning thing can cause massive rage but it's always been what CoD multiplayer is like. Too me its a new age CS:S/Quake/UT. But if you get the wrong end of the stick more often then not then its incredibly frustrating. Learn the map back to front and always keep your back to where your guys are by always keeping an eye glued on the map.

I'm seriously keen to play BC2, I might pick it up soon considering the next one is ages away, Maybe.. The squad action and strategy in BC2 is tempting but the high frag count in CoD is addicting as hell.

GT5 RELEASE DATE: 25th NOVEMBER

Thought that warranted size... FINALLY it will be released!! It's nearly here, the game of the year! 1,031 cars and 71 courses of pure awesome. Edited... 24th America+Europe, 25th Australia and Japan.

Last edited:

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Finally, GT5 is here!

My only gripe with BC2 is about 1/2 the maps can be a bit frustrating at times - But switching to/from rush/conquest usually eases the pain.. That being said it's far less frustrating than the COD respawning system, and circus-like gameplay. Another plus is there are far less tossers on BC2.. annoying kids on VOIP, anyone?

Shall be good - GT5 + BC2: Vietnam shall make Uni holidays a good time to properly sit at home and do nothing!

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
Black Ops game tonight. If we get the numbers we'll be playing private shotguns only, pistols only and sniper only games on Nuketown, epic, super, crazy map.

hayden olsen

Likes Bikes
just got mw2 because from what my friends were telling me that black ops has some problems, and iv been playing for awhile today, add me forwood22

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Had a really really slack weekend that resulted in abit of playstation time.

Black Ops game tonight. If we get the numbers we'll be playing private shotguns only, pistols only and sniper only games on Nuketown, epic, super, crazy map.
Nuketown is indeed pretty insane. Had a good go of Zombies and all the Wager modes.. One in the barrel is not to bad if you don't feel like playing long. Zombies is alot harder then before... Atleast at the moment, Me and a friend could only get to level 8 and level 10 with a 3rd online person. Crazy. Maps are alot better though. That DOA easter egg and the resulting Dead ops game is extremely fun! very cool.

I traded my $78 copy of Black ops for $110 of credit and bought BC2 ultimate for $80 brand new and put the rest on GT5. Bought Black ops again for $88. Wild haha. Made some money and scored a cheap game! Hate paying RRP for games.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I got BC2 instead of Black Ops. $40! Niiiiice.
GT5 November 25th eh? It is just another dat ein the ir timeless timeline............:p Maybe it will actually happen though seeing as the disc's have been printed.

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
GT5 November 25th eh? It is just another dat ein the ir timeless timeline............:p Maybe it will actually happen though seeing as the disc's have been printed.
Harvey Norman have GT5 listed as $78 bucks

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
After the bug-filled catastrophes of Fallout New:Vegas and Red Dead Redemption, I'm actually glad that GT5 has had it's release postponed so many times. They've already been showing off the nuts of the game at trade shows for the last 3-4 years so I can only assume that Polyphonic are possibly trying to iron out any bugs and glitches before they put it on sale. It's just a pity other manufacturers can't do the same...

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Word of advice: As soon as you get grips online, goto Hardcore mode - It is THAT much better I never play 'normal' mode

sam705

Likes Dirt
Black Ops arrived in the mail today, so good to sit down and play it after work!
So far, im finding online pretty easy compared to MW2. There was something about MW2, to me it was a fair bit harder to get kills compared to MW and now Black Ops!
Anyway, im yet to play any wager games or zombies but add LiveLoveRide if you're up for a game!

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Black Ops arrived in the mail today, so good to sit down and play it after work!
So far, im finding online pretty easy compared to MW2. There was something about MW2, to me it was a fair bit harder to get kills compared to MW and now Black Ops!
Anyway, im yet to play any wager games or zombies but add LiveLoveRide if you're up for a game!
The reason it's easier is due to the fact that you don't get a little 10 year old kid camping in a corner with his blinged out combo of a heart beat sensor and a n00b tube, claymores set up, and a 7/11/25 killstreak adding up towards eachother.

Black Ops to me absolutely rapes MW2s gameplay online, actually requires some skill, instead of said situation above.
I can honestly say that just like CoD 4 and 5, I am finding this game extremely easy to play, they hold the same thing in common with Black Ops, they require a bit of skill to play, and favour those who are good at the game, instead of little n00blets.

I think it's the best Call Of Duty game to be produced so far online wise. As for campaign, so far I've actually kind of enjoyed it! The other games have been a real struggle for me to play, and this one actually has my attention. The mystery behind it all actually makes me want to continue on playing the campaign and find out what happens for a change! Really keen to finish it off, played a few hours this arvo, but trying to even my campaign and online gameplay so I don't fall behind online.

Add me, I'm on most arvos, Xx-DMN8-xX

Wish the "Party" system wasn't so Fcked up though, am I right?
Yeah, spot on.

Its no XBox Live system, thats for sure. We've got two PS3's, the wife and I usually party up, but everytime one of us drops out, we all need to gather back together in the lobby and rejoin the party.. its painful. One 3 hour session will mean 10-15 invites, depending on the quality of the hosts. You pay for what you get I supposed...and concidering its free...:p