Playstation 3 Thread

Which is why we paid $300 or so more than Xbox 360 people... so really you'd expect some sort of decent online capabilities.
Yeah, but in Sony's eyes, you paid the extra for a blu-ray player, inbuilt wireless and some other random stuff ;)

I agree though, the online stuff should be better. I wouldn't think it'd take a whole lot more effort to make it work just a little better, but apparently it does.

Could be worst though - you could own a Wii. Their online offering is nothing short of insulting!

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
MW2's online party system was actually pretty good too, as evidenced by many a R'Burn party, so it's annoying to take a step back.

Mattw513

Likes Bikes and Dirt
FARK people that hack. Today I was playing a game of S&D on MW2 and was playing with some dick that goes by the name of Northstar-Viper. I mysteriously died once and after I died I was spectating this guy. He was just going through a list of all the people on his team (Me included) and he'd just press X and kill us until he was the last person alive in our team. He would then just go around no scoping everyone and get ridiculous shots because he also had an aim-bot and he also had god mode (I think it's called) which means nobody can kill him so no matter how many shots you fire at him he can't die. So by about the third round he hadn't killed me and I noticed that my sleight of hand pro was no longer pro, and neither was my stopping power or steady aim (I was sniping). Once the game finished I also realised that all pro perks that I had unlocked had gone back to non-pro and that everything I have unlocked for my guns has been reset. So all the attachments and camo's. Although all challenges have been reset as well so I'm now leveling up much quicker which is good but still I'm pissed off at this dude.

Has anyone else experienced something like this? Damn it's annoying, but I'm glad that he didn't reset everything.

Mattw513

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Played with more hackers tonight. There were 3 of them, iiMeNtaLX, RuStY_BOi_nz and iiChoZeNX.

They would fire 1 shot and each kill would be a headshot and kill the whole team at once.

It seems everyone's hacking these days, especially in S&D.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I'm over BC2 already! Maybe I just suck at online shooters or maybe I just don't like online that much. I enjoy the private part games we used to play but for now I'll stick t the smart AI on campaign games.
Battlefield Bad Company 2 going cheap y'all !;)

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
http://eu.gran-turismo.com/au/news/d15023.html

Is it just me, or does the track/car list look the same as GT4?

Apart from the Red Bull X1 there is another car that intrigues me: The Ferrari F10 '10. I read a story regarding this car (it is Ferrari's 2010 Formula One car) and it's appearance on the game and it was said that it would be pulled if it didn't win the 2010 driver's championship. Seeing as we've only known who the champ is for 2010 just this week do you think there is a chance that Enzo Ferrari coughed up a few bucks to hold the game release back until the title was decided? (Disclaimer: Yep, old Enzo has passed away but he still has options!). I'm betting yes as I know what strings Ferrari have pulled in the past to get things done their way.
The interesting part to this saga is the fact that they did not win the driver's or constructor's titles. Maybe the car will be pulled from the game....................maybe it won't. Maybe it will.:p

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Dunno about that Dozer, Bear in mind this is the most long-awaited episode of a billion-dollar earning game franchise. Ferrari may have a lot of pull but they don't have enough to halt the development of a 5-year project that's going to be the flagship for Sony's gaming empire and it's plans for further development of the PS3! They aren't even that big a draw in the game. Gran Turismo's 1, 2 and 3 sold all sold millions without any need for the prancing horse. Their cars are generally extortionate prestige ones that cost way too much, can't be f***ed around with and will be undriveable on 90% of the races. It also doesn't make much sense as to why they'd pull it from the game? It would have absolutely no PR benefit - in fact the opposite - and it's not like Polyphony could have engineered the results of this years F1 championship.

Anyway, on other matters. I've finally cracked the shits with Fallout New Vegas. After putting up with it crashing every second moment (the last half hour saw me resetting the PS3 twice), the constantly jarring frame rate, missing save game files, wondering where my companions keep disappearing to, having Quests flash up as being completed and/or failed without anybody having done anything and being forced to sit through constant loading screens just to get in and out of the Strip / Caesar's Fort, I've finally had enough with the news that Bethesda have excitedly announced the news of the first DLC package for it already. TBH I'm not too bothered that it's Xbox360 exclusive - Microsoft always been pricks for doing that. I'm more f***ed off that they've sold me a lemon of a game that causes nothing but frustration and rather than making a patch for it, they'd rather concentrate on trying to fleece even more cash out of their fans before Xmas.

So it's off back to JB, receipt in hand for a full refund. The sheer volume of complaints about bugs in the game is enough to have it classed as faulty goods. I'll take cash and put it towards GT 5. A game that should hopefully work

Last edited:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
POSM, I've put about twenty hours into New Vegas and I've found that the freeze is less apparent the more you play. I've discovered sixty locations and all of those are outside the Strip. I haven't gone to the TSrip yet, just looked at the sky line from all around it. I'm saving myself (not like a virgin thing, just 'cause). I love it, I'm going to be sad when I finish it :mad:.
I've just picked up Uncharted 2 for $30 new! I figure a score of 9.8 on IGN can't make it a shit box..........

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've just picked up Uncharted 2 for $30 new! I figure a score of 9.8 on IGN can't make it a shit box..........
It's pretty good, I'll play it again on a rainy day for sure. Insane graphics and really fun to just play.

GT5 will be so good. The car list did look disappointing at first because it's missing ALOT of popular cars and including TWENTY FIVE MX5's but then have a look at whats new. http://tunerspit.com/forum/entry.php?27-Welcome-to-Gran-Turismo This game has EVERY car from GTPSP (and all previous GT's) Plus all of those. Put 200 ish premium cars+dynamic weather and day/night times and holy shit. I'd post a vid but i'm capped. It won't be awesomely Next-gen but it will be great. We should have a Rotorburn Prius race around the Nurburgring. :p

Problem is i have all these cheap games i haven't finished but GT5 comes out next week. Once it's released it won't leave my PS3 for months.

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
I was thinking that we should organise a Rotorburn tournament, with things like "a Prius race around the 'Ring" and other things like a 60's race, a 70's race and an 80's race.

Should randomly group people into 1v1 battles and run a pyramid style knockout system...

-------------3v6

-----1v3----------------6v7

1v2------3v4------5v6------7v8

...provided we have enough people.

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Definatley up for some GT5, Rotorburn Races when it is released.

Stevo-0, did you have any luck tracking down a DFGT? Or did you go all out on a G27?

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I was thinking that we should organise a Rotorburn tournament, with things like "a Prius race around the 'Ring"
I'm all up for Rotorburn GT5 championships but I'm not entirely sure if even I, in my slovenly, workshy, savings-fuelled life of leisure could find the time to race a Prius around Germany's finest. F***, it would be quicker to race pet hamsters across the original Paris-Dakar!!!

5 laps around Trial Mountain or Grand Valley in souped-up GT classics like Skylines and GTO's are a definite however....

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
2000GT-R Skylines with brilliant ITB induction noice bouncing off the walls of tunnels will be the best thing about GT5. The awesomeness of a Prius race around the 'Ring is that it's not a game of who can win, it's a game of who can finish! Maybe dead stock mx5's then?

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hmmmm, I wonder if they got rid of a certain 'ring bug, If not, Im going to win 60's :p

Im keen for RB races and the such - Pfft who needs steering wheels, Controller all the way! :eek: