Playstation 3 Thread

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Picking it up tomorrow arv.

Only thing that will be stopping me playing it all weekend is work and motocross :D

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
That's the f***er installing. Time for a beer! and a towel. I'm like a drowned rat here!

EDIT: Ok, it takes an absolute lifetime to install. 1 hr and 15 minutes for me (although I'm dealing with an old skool 40Gb console).

If I can recommend anything so far. it would be to hold off watching the intro until you've had at least 2 or 3 spliffs or a couple of bongs. It's f***ing trippy. Basically it's all HD footage of minerals being mined, transported, then forged into steel then stamped into bodywork then passed down the production line (kinda like the bullet in the intro to Lord of War if you've ever seen it) until it winds up as a GT-R. All to a soundtrack of the trippiest piano-jazz! Not quite what I was expecting.

HAve also completed first race. it's a 1990 G20 (no I have no idea either) that I bought 2nd hand. It was in the sunday cup and after having spent the last few weeks playing F1 2010 it was actually quite peaceful to cruise round a track at a speed more commonly associated with continental drift.

Looks good so far!

Last edited:

EzyLee

Likes Dirt
Basically it's all HD footage of minerals being mined, transported, then forged into steel then stamped into bodywork then passed down the production line (kinda like the bullet in the intro to Lord of War if you've ever seen it) until it winds up as a GT-R. All to a soundtrack of the trippiest piano-jazz! Not quite what I was expecting.
Oh spoilers!! Shhhheeez! :D

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
POSM is now banned for being the first member to get the game.:p
I'll be on board later tonight and can't wait!

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Fuck all you bastards, get a life and go riding this weekend! hahaha
I am out at Newton's Nation tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday, weekend jam-packed with DH, a bunch of other extreme sports, oh, forgot to mention, BLISS N ESO LIVE!
Looks like I won't be getting GT5 for a while, will just wait until the price drops in about a month or so. Need to save my $$$ for a new camera anyway.

adman

Likes Dirt
It's installing now...

Seriously... it is the biggest excitement killer when you buy a new game and there's a huge install to do.

Now I'm bored as waiting for it to be done.

I also bought Black Ops, but it'll sit on the ground for a few days before I play it. GT5 first!

Add me if you already haven't - Adman001

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Fuck all you bastards, get a life and go riding this weekend! hahaha
I am out at Newton's Nation tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday, weekend jam-packed with DH, a bunch of other extreme sports, oh, forgot to mention, BLISS N ESO LIVE!
Looks like I won't be getting GT5 for a while, will just wait until the price drops in about a month or so. Need to save my $$$ for a new camera anyway.
Wow, what a poor excuse Ty. Do a couple of runs then bail. Bliss n Eso suck balls anyway, you'll be over them after one tune.:p

whiteman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm keen to do some RB racing!

Mine is installing now... Its been sitting on 3 seconds remaining for so long now. :(

Add my PSN, zombie_chew

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I just got Gran Turismo 5 from JB Hifi for $77...stinging to get home and play it! Got a mate with a wheel from the PS2, fingers crossed it will work on the PS3!

jonny the boy

Likes Dirt
I just got Gran Turismo 5 from JB Hifi for $77...stinging to get home and play it! Got a mate with a wheel from the PS2, fingers crossed it will work on the PS3!
got it pre-ordered, picking up tonight, cant wait... if it's the logitec gt wheel then it should work, i got one for my ps2 a while back and it said on the box it worked for ps3 also, coz there was buttons that only worked for ps3... very curious:confused:

DWNHLR01

Likes Dirt
Got my brand new GT force wheel and GT5...

Now to go home and install it!

PSN - XR6_661

I'll be keen for some kombi van races =P

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
WOW the physics WOW. Oversteer as you plant it out of corners in the AE86 is so awesome, I love this game and I don't give a damn about rims now.

scblack

Leucocholic
Hmmmm, GT5 may just be enough of a prompt for me to get a PS3...........thinking cap on..........:)

Are there any of the usual console plus game deals for it when they get big new games?

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hmmmm, GT5 may just be enough of a prompt for me to get a PS3...........thinking cap on..........:)

Are there any of the usual console plus game deals for it when they get big new games?
Check this out mate. It's a pretty damn good deal.

http://www.jbhifi.com.au/games/sony/play-station/ps3/

$599 for the slim console, GT5, NFS Carbon, FIFA '10, One controller and a HDMI cable (A MUST). I don't think you'll find any better than that!

Just about to go pick up my copy!

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
YEH! Installing now. Walking out of the shop with game in hand was better then Christmas morning AND my birthday put together. I bought my PS3 specifically for it and i'm over the moon!

So i'm in for a weekend of awesome. Whats the Rotorburn Time Trial Challenge??

Oh, and BTW i will be riding more then enough this weekend :cool: