Playstation 3 Thread

Nicster

Cannon Fodder
COD Black Ops

Apologies if this one has been mentioned before... BUT....totally loving Call of Duty Black Ops at the moment. Anyone else playing it?

Where else could you see a Tomahawk kill like this....

[video=youtube;HoUgZmo_Kdo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoUgZmo_Kdo[/video]
:eek:

0psi

Eats Squid
Is anyone else Disappointed that there's no Chev Lacceti in GT5? I wanted to chuck the reasonably priced car around the Top Gear test track and it seems like it can't be done! :(

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Things I have learned from Gran Turismo:

9: Both the AI and the position of reverse on the steering wheel are F***ED!!!!!!!!!!

I swear after having been rammed into a spin by a malevolent cheating bastard of an AI driver for the thousandth time only to lose even f***ing more time because it's damn near impossible to do a sharp reverse turn and keep your finger on the triangle button, I'm ready to throw the steering wheel through the tv!
What a f***ing stupid place to put reverse! Why can't they just have it in amongst the gears like every other racer? if your finger slips off that triangle even once (and it will if you're also trying to move the bloody wheel round 270 degrees) you immediately shoot forward in first gear f***ing things up even further!

As for the AI, it's like they've been modelled on Michael Schumacher. The pricks are relentless when it comes to ramming you. GT 5 could definitely do with some black flags!

GRRRRRRR! :mad: I think I need some mellow elevator music to calm me down. Thank f*** it's got it in spades!

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeh I also got the shits with that. Its impossible to recover when aiso knocks you. Map the reverse to forward gear shift and hand brake to pull back gear shift. Unless you use the sequential shifter then you gotta get the soldering iron out and do some mods. Lol

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Almost had a fit - Couldnt find the full 'ring.. A quick google search has reduced stress levels :cool:

On a side note: How the bloody hell are you supposed to complete the Kombi Top Gear challenge?! Although 'drifting' a Kombi is fun, until you hit a cone and get DQ'ed!

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
You need to get your braking done earlier and in a straight line, apply the throttle lightly and smoothly through the corner at a constant level, then step on the gas as you're exiting.

You're getting on the throttle too early.

0psi

Eats Squid
Loading GT5 prologue cars onto GT5

Has anyone been able to load data from Gran Turismo 5 Prologue onto Gran Turismo 5? None of my cars, cash or licences have transfered over, even after the hour long install. I've been to 4 different games retailers, called 3 more and no one has an answer? After scouring the internet other people seem to be having the same issue but no one has offered an answer as to wether it can or can't be done or how to do it. Help!!

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Has anyone been able to load data from Gran Turismo 5 Prologue onto Gran Turismo 5? None of my cars, cash or licences have transfered over, even after the hour long install. I've been to 4 different games retailers, called 3 more and no one has an answer? After scouring the internet other people seem to be having the same issue but no one has offered an answer as to wether it can or can't be done or how to do it. Help!!
In case you didn't know, ANY transfers made either from GTPSP or GT5P are only for Arcade. Nothing transfers into GT life. Also i read somewhere GT5P automatically transfers? Other then that, no idea. I'm not going to bother transferring.

GT5 v Forza 3. F3 wins, hands down. I still like GT5 and i'll play it for quite awhile but i gotta say if Microsoft said i could use my DFGT on Forza... I'd change back tomorrow. Theres just so much wrong with GT5 that the little moments are hardly worth it. It's just a GT4 port with better physics. Nothing more nothing less. Only time I've had fun would be anything with the karts and Mercs on the Nurburgring.

adman

Likes Dirt
Almost had a fit - Couldnt find the full 'ring.. A quick google search has reduced stress levels :cool:

On a side note: How the bloody hell are you supposed to complete the Kombi Top Gear challenge?! Although 'drifting' a Kombi is fun, until you hit a cone and get DQ'ed!
I honestly reckon the lotus top gear challenge is harder...

Those things are like trying to steer a lump of cheese across an ice rink with a rocket on the back.

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
On the Forza 3 V GT5 debate. I just played F3 and while it's pretty fun I was completely taken aback by the shithouse physics.

I think what we've got to remember is that GT5 is pretty much a driving simulator while most other games out there are meant for fun.

I haven't spent a whole heap of time behind the wheel just yet so I'm yet to experience a whole heap of different content but the karts are probably the funnest.

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The improved physics are working for me. I'm having heaps of fun in mild cars with sports tyres which has not been my style at all through past GT editions. The modelling improvements to Nurburgring alone are immense , so much detail in the surface and undulations. I just did some laps there in the wet......wow ! Loose as , bent the car , had a ball :)

I reckon the Kombi race is more a test of patience than anything. Draft as much as possible , wait for the opportunity to dive down the inside and don't give up. I thought I was going to get 4th but I caught and passed the leading 3 cars in the last 2 corners and golded. The Lotus challenge is nuts , can't see me getting it for a while yet.

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Kombi challenge did take abit but the next one is even harder IMO. I can't even get around the first corner, seriously. AMG ones are great though! Smashing sections of the ring in a merc is awesome. Alot of dosh too..

Yeh i think if i went to forza i'd be able to see the difference and then go back to GT5 but i just can't believe how poor the tracks look (even Nurburgring) for such huge development time. I think once the epic letdown wears off and i get used to the game and lack of modifying options i might have fun.

EDIT: Set your wheel up with a FFB of 10 and take the Go-Kart out for a spin on the 'ring. It took me a tad over 11 minutes but damn that track is bumpy as. Like a 20km rock garden. Arm pump from playing games... fun fun.

Last edited:

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
Mild cars with Sports tyres is where it's at, they're the funnest, that's why I'm having so much fun in the AE86. Chuck in a light flywheel and a pod and you're set!

GET SETTING TIMES PEOPLE, TSUKUBA IN A STOCK S13 FROM THE DEALERSHIP, NO MODS EXCEPT RIMZ YO!

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
GET SETTING TIMES PEOPLE, TSUKUBA IN A STOCK S13 FROM THE DEALERSHIP, NO MODS EXCEPT RIMZ YO!
Fuck, I just came to post a 1:10:215 (With lots of room to improve), And I realised I was using the '02 S14...

Ok, S13 tonight.

What Driver Aids are people using? Im everything off, but I have a feeling setting ABS (And maybe Traction) to '1' could help a bit..

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
The choice of 'premium' cars is somewhat baffling. I have a Mazda Eunos roadster in Premium that I don't think I will ever drive as it's not particularly beautiful and certainly not high performance whereas I just won a Bugatti Veyron. The fastest production car in the world - a design masterpiece and a miracle of engineering yet it's a bloody 'Standard' car.

weird.

Anyway, At Level 15 now but levelling up seems to take much longer the higher you go. Dammit. I want level 21 NOW! I want my NASCAR!

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Where do we do it? Just in Practice? Most assists will be off for me except for TCS: 2 lol. Don't have great sensitivity in my feet.

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
Ok people remember your times because I'll be compiling them closer to the closing date. I think in Arcade mode is the easiest because it has a Time Trial mode.

I use everything off but ABS set to 1.