Playstation 3 Thread

sam705

Likes Dirt
Purchased GT5 yesterday, have to admit i was expecting alot more.
I've only played it for a short time (lvl 9) and im finding myself getting bored real quick, i'll give it some more time though.
One thing thats bugging me is the fact you can't damage your car externally, as that is what keeps me away from the walls on other driving games! :p

Last edited:

scuba05

Likes Dirt
ARGHHHH!
Install takes forever. 50mins!
Totally worth it, and i cant wait to play it. I have been waiting for this game like the rest of us patiently, and finally its here.

Q dog

Likes Dirt
Purchased GT5 yesterday, have to admit i was expecting alot more.
I've only played it for a short time (lvl 9) and im finding myself getting bored real quick, i'll give it some more time though.
One thing thats bugging me is the fact you can't damage your car externally, as that is what keeps me away from the walls on other driving games! :p
Maybe take a closer look at your car after a few hard knocks.
I hate the B spec, give the driver a quick car for a easy win and he crashes constantly.
And the liscenses, Ai crashes into you- DISQUALIFIED!

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Damage is definitely there so be careful, that shit is expensive!!! Light wall contact can cost 10k if you hit it in the wrong spot. Premium cars get pretty mangled. Apparently it gets more detailed when you get to higher levels, not sure if that's the case though. I'm level 14 and damage does appear ok.

This game is getting better, i guess i'm getting used to it more. Built a 600hp R32GTR and it's awesome to drive. Lambo in special events feels incredible, tail comes out oh so easy but a little correction here and there keeps the nose pointing forward.

Anyone want to trade cars? I have a lightly modified Racing Modified Evo 9 and a stocko Racing modified subaru wrx '05. I can't sell either because there RM, but i don't want them. I'll trade for any FR Premium car with 300HP+ Or whatever you've got.

On a final note, Smashing time trials in the GTR and experimenting with power split and brake split with the DFGT controls is freaking awesome. Improved my laptimes huge with 60/40 brake and 10/90 torque split.

sam705

Likes Dirt
Maybe take a closer look at your car after a few hard knocks.
I hate the B spec, give the driver a quick car for a easy win and he crashes constantly.
And the liscenses, Ai crashes into you- DISQUALIFIED!
My mate and I were playing multiplayer (if that's any different) and we did a head on collision with 2 zondas redlining, they both came to a complete stop on impact! Where's all the debris and zondas doing numerous barrel rolls through the air?!

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My mate and I were playing multiplayer (if that's any different) and we did a head on collision with 2 zondas redlining, they both came to a complete stop on impact! Where's all the debris and zondas doing numerous barrel rolls through the air?!
Zondas are standard. Standard cars are no good and they have Hardly any damage at all. Only premium cars get the damage although the zondas would still have mechanical damage.

DWNHLR01

Likes Dirt
Damage is definitely there so be careful, that shit is expensive!!! Light wall contact can cost 10k if you hit it in the wrong spot. Premium cars get pretty mangled. Apparently it gets more detailed when you get to higher levels, not sure if that's the case though. I'm level 14 and damage does appear ok.

Huh...Doesn't cost a cent to fix the damage =S

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Event: Time Attack.
Date: Thursday 25th November to Friday 3rd December.
Circuit: Tsukuba Circuit.
Cars: Stock Nissan S13 K's from the Nissan dealership, no modifications. Assists are up to you, must be running on the standard tyres also. These rules are in place so that each TT doesn't cost a fortune and muck up your GT career.
I set up a red S13 K with ten spoke white wheels. Traction control is 0, ABS is 1, bias is 7 front, 5 rear. I did ten laps and my best was a 1.12.231. I'll have another crack later this week and I'll turn the bloody ghost car off!
I'm reading some bad reviews on this game and picking up that a few people are whinging about the game. Has anyone thought to themselves that it is just the new Gran Turismo for PS3 and just enjoying it? I am! It's great to play a game that isn't riddled with game breaking bugs!

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Has anyone thought to themselves that it is just the new Gran Turismo for PS3 and just enjoying it? I am! It's great to play a game that isn't riddled with game breaking bugs!
Yeah, it WORKS and in a market where developers are constantly rushing out games long before they are actually finished it's a breath of fresh air.

But it still winds up as a great game, and not an awesome game and after 5 years of build-up that's a little disappointing.I know it might sound whingy but it's not really. SOmetimes minor flaws in something so otherwise excellent can really command your attention. It's the same whenever you see Clarkson behind the wheel of an almost perfect supercar. if there are any issues, no matter how minor he'll seize on them rather than cream his pants over the fact that car will do 200mph+. 5 years with no real acceptable substitute can build up a lot of expectation!

I can understand it not getting the 10/10 scores that everyone expected the games reviewers to dish out. It's flaws are the same that have been in every GT game since #1 yet Polyphony seem determined not to listen to outside advice and that probably pisses off a lot of reviewers.

Last edited:

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
If you're bored of the game build up a maxed out '69 Camaro with the works, set all assists to 0 and the diff lock to 60 and 60 for torque and acceleration, whack on some Comfort Hard tyres and enjoy...

... fckn loose! So much fun!

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
After forgetting about all the hype and pretending its just any other $77 game its actually not that bad. But its still no blockbuster. When you get used to the new physics it becomes alot more enjoyable.

Might want to get the time attack times sub 1'12 ;) Everything off except tcs 1 and abs 1. Although I might try and crack it without. Keep locking up the front end.

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
After forgetting about all the hype and pretending its just any other $77 game its actually not that bad.
That pretty much sums up my thoughts. Some aspects of the game could be better but the value per $ I'll get from it will be massive and at the end of the day I'm really enjoying it. Job done. :)

GT Planet has turned ino a giant , festering bitchfest. It's pretty sad that so many people that got caught in the hype are now so focussed on the flaws that they can't appreciate the improvements from GT4. Sucks to be them.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Thought I'd bring this to everyone's attention as I know people have been affected by hardware crashes in the past.

Gran Turismo 5's save game data is copy protected so you can't back it up!

So basically if you spend hundreds of hours building your garage, unlocking all the tracks, levelling up etc. and your PS3 shits itself, you are well and truly f***ed!

Apparently Polyphony have put this in place to stop people trading saves or cheating the trophy system or some shit.

Who f***ing cares!!! If Sammy the Scrote wants to make it look like he's Ayrton Senna whenever anybody checks his trophy cabinet, I couldn't give a shit. It won't make him a better driver!

Losing all my save game data and not having anyway of recovering the hours invested in progressing this far would probably piss me off so much that my PS3 would be getting launched through the window of the nearest Sony Centre. I know I might sound panicky but my PS3 is the only expensive gadget I own that hasn't shit itself, so I just figure it's a matter of time!

Help is at hand though. Some guys on the Playstation forums have started a petition to get this sorted out.

http://www.community.eu.playstation...opy-Protection-of-GT5-game-saves/m-p/11928464

Do everyone a favour, log in and file your support!

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you've got a 'aftermarket' drive in your PS3 I cant see any reason why it cant go for a trip to the HDD recovery wizards..

Which meat-headed oaf decided to program AI cars like himself?! Seriously, just block the whole track off for overtaking, or brake 1-2 seconds too early, Just to ruin your laptimes :confused:

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
If you've got a 'aftermarket' drive in your PS3 I cant see any reason why it cant go for a trip to the HDD recovery wizards..
Not entirely sure about how to go about doing all that (sounds like a lot of work and a lot of risk) but I do know that HDD recovery wizards are a f***ing rip-off.

I couldn't get a quote for under $400 bucks last time I had an external HD shit itself, and that was just for them to look at it. I'm not going to pay that just because Polyphony want to be control freaks.

loc81

Likes Dirt
Any early-bird verdicts on the new BC2 levels? My mate texted me some cracking reviews about some "metal" level? I'm looking forward to re-visiting the 'ol oasis!!