Playstation 3 Thread

Stanas

Likes Bikes
In Black Ops, what do you actually get for going prestige? New emblem and prestige playlist is it, isn't it? Whilst losing all your unlocks and cash, doesn't sound worth it unless theres anything else gained, Yes/No?

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
In Black Ops, what do you actually get for going prestige? New emblem and prestige playlist is it, isn't it? Whilst losing all your unlocks and cash, doesn't sound worth it unless theres anything else gained, Yes/No?
Nothing much more then just the badge. Its supposed to show who are the better players* like medals in real life. I don't play enough to make the decision but I'd do it, i like playing with any gun and getting the unlocks again makes it fun. Sort of like re-playing the campaign.

*Or players that play 8hrs a day.....

First Rotorburn GT5 Time Trial, S13 Tsukuba No mods, Assists free.

nskz: 1'10:912
Steve-0 1'11:438
Toff: 1'11:728
Venciferus: 1'12:068
Dozer: 1'12:231
.:Easily:. 1'12:385
POSM: 1'13:662*
Congrats nskz!! Post up your PSN or add me and i'll give you a free car! Thats seriously quick for a stock S13. Well Done!

Next week will be an Unlimited Time Trial challenge. Winner will get a seriously sweet ride for winning so start saving some credits! Drift challenge is still on, it's pretty fun, i've nearly learnt to drift with the wheel but damn its hard. Below is another little challenge on one of the best tracks in the world. Enjoy!

Event: Time Attack.
Date: Ends Monday 13th
Circuit: Nurburgring Nordschleife
Cars: R33 GTR V-Spec. No Mods. No Assists.
Prize: Brand new '09 Nissan GT-R V-spec.

Info: The Nürburgring (Nordschleife) in Germany, with its remaining 20.8 km (12.9 mi) long old section dating from 1927, is used by various motoring media outlets and vehicle manufacturers for testing. Manufacturers publish times for promotional purposes while automotive media outlets usually publish times for comparison and reporting purposes. The Nissan R33 GTR V-spec set a world record time of 7:59 in 1996 making it the fastest Nissan Skyline GTR model ever made (technically, although the new GT-R's are Stupidly quick).

I think the series should be 6 races. That way it ends at the end of most peoples Christmas holidays. We have to try and use a variety of cars with different layouts and mod levels. Winner at the end gets a worth while prize and a massive E-Wang. Points system goes
* 1st: 10
* 2nd: 8
* 3rd: 6
* 4th: 5
* 5th: 4
* 6th: 3
* 7th: 2
* 8th: 1

/Massive Post.

Last edited:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
We need to post screen shots or videos or some sort of proof as I don't believe everyone is going to post the exact result they got. To post a time nearly 1.5 seconds over what I did in the same car on a short track is a massive chunk. I will nearly almost be certain to say it is either a red lap time or different tyres were fitted............

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
We need to post screen shots or videos or some sort of proof as I don't believe everyone is going to post the exact result they got. To post a time nearly 1.5 seconds over what I did in the same car on a short track is a massive chunk. I will nearly almost be certain to say it is either a red lap time or different tyres were fitted............
Yeh good point. I'll look into that, Replays can be saved but mod level is unknown. For now the Honesty system is all we have. I believe the 1'10:9 time is do-able, my time is legit and i usually sit in the 300-500 range in the online leader boards.

Edit: There's alot going to be added to GT5 by the end of December including leader boards. In "My Lounge" we can setup a room and restrict tyres/performance/cars and eventually there'll be a leaderboard in there. When that happens it should be simple but for now a screenshot of each winners time or the winner to save their best lap replay. The replay shows tyres and a full lap. Hopefully everyone is honest, theres no point in cheating.

I'll get into the habit to save my best replays then you can see them online and watch my line etc if my time is lower. Or i'll watch yours when i need help etc. I'll keep editing this post with the easiest way to prove times.

Also it's best to do the challenge in the arcade mode. Go to your GT Life garage, set car as favorite. Then go to Arcade and you can now choose your car and race. This way the car is like new and perfect. Physics and everything is the same but in GT Life each time you drive then engine wears, body loses rigidity etc. etc. and times get slower.

Last edited:

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Extra titles, emblems layers, camos, and face-paints.
Word of advice, spend all your money on titles and emblem layers before you prestige, as you don't lose them.

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i personly dont think its worth it, but both my brothers do. Your own decision i guess.
whos up for a game of Black ops tonight>??

nskz

Likes Dirt
Yeh good point. I'll look into that, Replays can be saved but mod level is unknown. For now the Honesty system is all we have. I believe the 1'10:9 time is do-able, my time is legit and i usually sit in the 300-500 range in the online leader boards.

Edit: There's alot going to be added to GT5 by the end of December including leader boards. In "My Lounge" we can setup a room and restrict tyres/performance/cars and eventually there'll be a leaderboard in there. When that happens it should be simple but for now a screenshot of each winners time or the winner to save their best lap replay. The replay shows tyres and a full lap. Hopefully everyone is honest, theres no point in cheating.

I'll get into the habit to save my best replays then you can see them online and watch my line etc if my time is lower. Or i'll watch yours when i need help etc. I'll keep editing this post with the easiest way to prove times.

Also it's best to do the challenge in the arcade mode. Go to your GT Life garage, set car as favorite. Then go to Arcade and you can now choose your car and race. This way the car is like new and perfect. Physics and everything is the same but in GT Life each time you drive then engine wears, body loses rigidity etc. etc. and times get slower.
I actually expect the lap to be questioned so I saved the replay. I did exactly as described, went to the showroom bought a new S13, didn't touch it (apart from Brake Bias) and lapped it. Personally I think there's only really one spot at tsukuba where you can gain any time by cutting and that's the dogleg after T1, however you are then compromised into that 180 degree left; we are also talking a small time gain here, maybe 0.1s. I also have off-track set to 'realistic' so the grip levels off the actual track are woeful enough to actively discourage it; sure, there would be exceptions. In all honesty I reckon a low 1:10 is possible, maybe a 1:09 as my 1:10.9 was by no means perfect.

Like Steve-O said there's no point cheating as what would be the benefit? I've done a fair bit of sim racing in the past, GTR, GTL, rfactor, iracing etc so this whole driving caper is not something that is foreign to me. Happy to provide the replay for analysis :cool:

Nurbs time attack is going to be monster, such a tough track but a classic!

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can i please get a replay? Just to improve my time, keen to know where to gain those seconds. Watching the top 10 replays on leader boards helped me in prologue, can't wait until new leader boards are up.

On my hungover/recovery day today I've finally learnt how to drift with the wheel. The DFGT has paid for itself again, so far my Autumn ring mini drift is 8248 in a S15. Low power and RM was key.

Edit below: BAM done.

Non GT5 talk: Has anyone played Undead Nightmare? is it just awesome zombie killing fun?

Last edited:

hayden olsen

Likes Bikes
got some extra money now, should i get gt5 or black ops ??

i know there completely different games but which would you guys pick ?

is black ops as good as everyone says compared to modern warfare 2 ( have that game and finished the campaign thing very quickly so is black ops one longer ? )

brindog

Likes Dirt
call of duty is not about campaign, its all about online. :(
Campaign is still fun though, just short.

Im not sure in which one you should get, I've got both, but there totally different games.

Toff

Likes Dirt
Depends if you like first person shooters or racing sims. I like both, and I bought GT5, Black Ops and New Vegas all within a few days of each other. So far I've probably played New Vegas 50%, GT5 40% and Black Ops 10%. I honestly don't like Black Ops all that much, nowhere near as good as MW2 IMO.

Joy

Likes Dirt
Had to fork out for a new controller after my ebay cheapie died. $100 for a controller sucks! Also bought the new NBA Jam which is heaps of fun. Going to trade in some games for Black Ops and GT5 soon I think.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
You can get genuine PS3 controllers for $58 now. They aren't $100 anymore.
......uh oh!

From where? Mine was $94 at JB (I just went straight there because I had a gift voucher).
My bad! I saw a $58 price tag on the PS3 headset, I jumped the gun Joy. Sorry! The controllers at EB Games are $88.
I'll get back under my rock.:eek: