Playstation 3 Thread

Joy

Likes Dirt
haha I thought it might have been online. No problemo! The one I got on ebay looks exactly the same, packaging and all. It cost about $50. It only works when plugged in to the PS3 and one of the control sticks (whilst sitting upright) seems to be stuck pressing down.

loc81

Likes Dirt
Good news for BC2 lovers- Australia now has it's own servers, so no more lag!
So between that, the new VIP levels, the Vietnam add on out soon and the recently reduced price, you'd have to be a complete knob to play black ops over this gem.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
So between that, the new VIP levels, the Vietnam add on out soon and the recently reduced price, you'd have to be a complete knob to play black ops over this gem.
I bought it at teh reduced price and found it to be a yawn. I haven't bought Black Ops as I was sick of playing MW2 and figured it'd be the same type of mumbo jumbo.
This brings me to another point I wish to raise: When the map packs came out for MW2 a lot of people had a cry ove rthe price of the maps. I didn't, I was happy to pay it. The second pack cam eout and a lot of people jumped up and down and carried on. Now many people have purchased Black Ops and couldn't wait to get it etc and didn't have a cry about the price of the game which is essentially the same as the last three Call of Duty games with a few little changes. No one suggested that any of the new games were in fact an overpriced update of the last version.........:p

So Mass Effect 2 on Xbox 360 has been praised as the best game of 2010 in some circles. It is due for release on PS3 in a month also with the third instalment being released later next year. Is anyone getting Mass Effect 2 on PS3?

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Heart. Rate. Increasing. :cool:

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I decided to play God of War in my time off... I bought all three games but thought i wouldn't have enough time. So i read the full story of the first 2 online and then just played the 3rd.

Holy shit! I just finished it and the whole story and ending is just incredible. Not to mention the game is fantastic. 10/10 for sure! Took me just under 10hrs and every minute of it was awesome. wow.

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
I decided to play God of War in my time off... I bought all three games but thought i wouldn't have enough time. So i read the full story of the first 2 online and then just played the 3rd.

Holy shit! I just finished it and the whole story and ending is just incredible. Not to mention the game is fantastic. 10/10 for sure! Took me just under 10hrs and every minute of it was awesome. wow.
I've only played number 2, such an amazing game, even for a PS2. Graphics were mint. Can only imagine how amazing it is on PS3!

Joy

Likes Dirt
I borrowed all 3 God of War games of a mate. Played through the first 2 and really enjoyed them. But considering I played them back to back I was pretty tired of the formula by the end of the second game. Went and bought Black Ops and GT5 and haven't even thought about GOW3 until now haha.

I mentioned my psn ages ago but there's a lot of new names in here so if you want to add me its "rorrza"

I play Black Ops, GT5, NBA Jam, Fifa 10, Resi 5.

Uncharted 3 is due out this year too! Can't wait.

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
I borrowed all 3 God of War games of a mate. Played through the first 2 and really enjoyed them. But considering I played them back to back I was pretty tired of the formula by the end of the second game. Went and bought Black Ops and GT5 and haven't even thought about GOW3 until now haha.

I mentioned my psn ages ago but there's a lot of new names in here so if you want to add me its "rorrza"

I play Black Ops, GT5, NBA Jam, Fifa 10, Resi 5.

Uncharted 3 is due out this year too! Can't wait.
I like Uncharted, but it's just a bit TOO tedious for me. I like adventure games like that, but over time they've started to wear thin on me. Used to play Crash Bandicoot, Ratchet and Clank, Prince of Persia, Assassins Creed, etc. obsessively, now I either don't have enough time to play them or I lose the will to play them.
Then again, somehow I can spend hours on games like Skate and MX Vs. ATV, don't know how that works...

I'll be sure to add you next time I get on, PSN is Xx-DMN8-xX

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Howdy y'all,
I'm after a copy of downhill dominationon PS2. If you have one in good working order or know of someone please let me know. It is a very necesary addition to my garage!

I played three PS3 titles over my two weeks off: F1 2010, GT5 and New vegas. These titles will also be my favorites for 2011 and I only plan on buying Batman Arkham City and the next F1 masterpiece. I may consider grabbing Ghost Recon Future Soldier if it doesn't suck hard nuts too.............;)

nick_dales

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Howdy y'all,
I'm after a copy of downhill dominationon PS2. If you have one in good working order or know of someone please let me know. It is a very necesary addition to my garage!
I'll sell you mine, it's in great condition, i still kick myself i sold my ps2

Ivan

Eats Squid
My PS3 is very slow to find videos I have just added to media server. Does anyone know how to speed it up? I am sick of waiting 20 minutes to watch the video.

Likes Dirt
For those of you who play BFBC2, I logged on tonight for the first time since GT5 came out, played for a few hours, and remembered why it was fucking awesome!
But I noticed that now you can equip red dot and 4x scopes on M14s, G3s and Thompsons! Wooo this has improved it so much!
I don't know how long it's been like this, has anyone else noticed it?

loc81

Likes Dirt
For those of you who play BFBC2, I logged on tonight for the first time since GT5 came out, played for a few hours, and remembered why it was fucking awesome!
But I noticed that now you can equip red dot and 4x scopes on M14s, G3s and Thompsons! Wooo this has improved it so much!
I don't know how long it's been like this, has anyone else noticed it?
Probably been like this for a good 2 months- there was a huge update back then that added these things plus changed a few things like some weapons had some potency added and some removed, and I think some small landscape changes as well. I think they did a great job with the Vietnam add-on as well. Having such basic weapons really changes the gameplay!

EzyLee

Likes Dirt
Doing a bit of a garage sale of the games I don't play anymore

Operation Flashpoint - $20 Posted
NBA 2K8 - $15 Posted
Madden 08 - $15 Posted
EA Sports Fifa 08 - $15 Posted

Last edited:

Likes Dirt
Doing a bit of a garage sale of the games I don't play anymore

God of War 3 (awesome game!) - $30 posted
I'll buy it off you. Do I get it cheaper because I can pick it up? (assuming you're in canberra as your location suggests)