Playstation 3 Thread

Rider_of_Fast

Likes Bikes
So how are you acessing that menu?
I was on the psn store earlier and couldnt find anything about it, also dont "we" get 1 month free of playstation+?
case if we do there is a free full game download of burnout paradise for plus members atm so we might get 3 free games out of it :)
Yeah they're obviously taking their time putting up the free stuffs.

Here is the info on the nitty gritty.

The PS3 blog is a good place to keep up-to-date on when the Welcome Back offers go live.

Im pretty sure that any downloads you make with the free 1 months PS+ subscription will be wiped at the end of the free period, unless you continued with the paid subscription.

tre0001

Likes Dirt
1. That link is dated 2 weeks ago ????
2. I just logged into psn no probs. ????

as you just logged in you may not be aware but for a few weeks now you have been able to go online however there was no store until a few days ago.

I myself logged into both my accounts with little issue, i had one friend who had to make a new account because he was unable to change his password, however more to my point was that, i have since then changed my email and password because i just don't trust the PSN at the moment, and just wanted to share that link with everyone who hadn't seen it.

as for the free games i found them on the home screen of the store. can't decide what games to get, infamous plus either R+C or LBP not really interested in either but they are free.

Hardrock_rider_23

Likes Dirt
just checked today, the welcome back pack is up!
go to the playstation store and one of the ad's on the right the long right one is a welcome back offer which allows you to get the 2 of 5 free games. and there is a bit to redeem your playstation plus
also as i said about the burnout paradise ffer with plus, you have acess to play it for 30 days then im assuming the download just stops working?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I'm so glad I wasted the download time for Little Big Planet. What a boring pile of crud......... Oh well, it was free! "Press triangle to delete this data".;)

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
InFamous: Fun, It's exactly like crackdown or Prototype except it has Good and Evil to choose from. I'm being good, mainly because lightning should be blue.. not red.

Wipeout HD: Trippy as! It's just like the original stuff (obviously) but looks decent. It seems really easy to start off with but it's pretty damn hard to master those things. Zone is my favorite!

Rider_of_Fast

Likes Bikes
If anyone's having dramas downloading their 2nd free ps3 game (I did), here is the fix:

"From XMB go to Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List
it will show scea promo and will then lead u to store to whatever game is now missing."

Worked for me :))

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Battlefield 3. October 25.

Also there's going to be a HALO 4.

It's E3 time and EBGames emailed me with some cool details, thought I might share the worthwile stuff!

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Have been sick the pat few days, and inbetween sleeping (a lot!) I've been keeping up with everything E3, so much shit going down over the next 12 months, all too stoked. Money that should be invested in other things will be "wasted" on games! No waste of money in my eyes!

Battlefield 3 is by far a standout, looks fucking amazing. Picture-perfect graphics and the gameplay looks crisp.
I've never been a Battlefield gamer, and I have always been one of those lads that just wants to hop into an FPS online, and run and gun the shit out of it.
As I age (ever so slightly) so is my taste in games, and I'm finding myself more committed to playing something with more stratergy. Not much of a step, but have been playing to the strategy in a lot of the game modes in Call of Duty like Demolition, Headquarters, Cap the Flag, etc.

Think it might be time to move on and invest in Bad Company 3. What are everyone's thoughts on BC2? If I were to buy a cheap copy from EB, do you think I'd be able to get into a game online? If yes, are there dedicated servers?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Heads up: Rotorburn Black Ops party Sunday at 8pm!​

Who is in? We need a host who has everyone from here on their friend list. Remember to invite me! Downhill Domination would be a good host.;)

Joy

Likes Dirt
Ok count me in.

"Rorrza" for those who haven't added me yet. Put a note that you're from the forum when you send a request!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Does anyone give a shit about their trophy collection? I pay attention to the trophies I earn on F1 2010 but for every other game I couldn't give a toss about it.

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
Get BC2 Ty! Me and Steve-0 play a bit and I play with a couple of good players from the US, it's never laggy though. It's super easy to get a game, it doesn't lag and it's mad fun!

simmooo!

Likes Dirt
Bad company 2 is ace. Way better than MW2 in my eyes, shame I hardly ever find people using mics though...
Pretty stoked for battlefield 3.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
If he wasn't at Stromlo, Garth!
Race runs finish at 4pm, presso at 4.30pm, head home for a two and a half hour drive.........my clock says you'll have dinner under your belt by 7.40pm mate! You won't need to unpack your gear straight away because you have Monday off to do that.;) Poor excuse Ty!

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Race runs finish at 4pm, presso at 4.30pm, head home for a two and a half hour drive.........my clock says you'll have dinner under your belt by 7.40pm mate! You won't need to unpack your gear straight away because you have Monday off to do that.;) Poor excuse Ty!
Well........
I can't guarantee anything... but I MIGHT possible be able to jump on a bit late, but most likely not in time to host.