Playstation 3 Thread

ToranaJudd

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Downloaded Dead Nation as one of my freebies...

Had no expectations and am really happy...

Cannot stop playing it, very addictive.. As is wipeout hd!

simmooo!

Likes Dirt
Stumbled across this whilst browsing through some e3 news. Finally a downhill game on the xbox360/PS3!

Looks as if you won't be doing time trial runs though but racing against a computer which is a shame but it's pretty neat how the dude is riding a V10!

Wouldn't get my hopes up right now but it looks like a neat little concept, hopefully it is applied correctly and turns out to be a fun game!

More info if anyone is interested: http://e3.gamespot.com/story/631815...line-hands-on-preview/?tag=newsfeatures;title

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice! Rockclimbing, Parkour and MTB'ing sounds really fun with motion controls! Will wait and see.

Love the carbon v-10 too. Siick

[video=youtube;tW4Rr8UFupc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW4Rr8UFupc&list=PL0F37264A14FA6B6E[/video]

Thanks for the heads up Siimmooo!

Last edited:

Joy

Likes Dirt
Extreme trampolining? I think that looks like utter shite to be honest. The graphics look they're ported from a Sega Dreamcast or something.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Imagine watching someone doing that stuff on Kinect, they'd look even more moronic! I hate motion control, give me a control pad and a steering wheel any day.
Many people are talking about the new Wii U and claiming it to be soooooooooooo good. I beg to differ, it looks and sounds like a shit box that I won't be buying. In saying, I may be the only one who doesn't buy it as casual gaming seems to be more popular than any other type. Gimmicks sell!

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
If I were a game programmer for Kinect I would make it so that for the base jumping you actually have to jump face first off your couch. Any attempts to break your fall with your arms will screw up your on-screen jump!

LA Noire is absolutely brilliant. It's taken me a bit of time to get used to playing a Rockstar game where I can't be a sociopath the entire time however I've found I can get around the annoying goody-two-shoes nature of my character by deliberately targeting the Ice-Cream and Hot Dog vendors in my car. I think I've killed over a dozen and destroyed the livelihoods of at least a hundred and I've still not been reprimanded!

sam705

Likes Dirt
Picked up BC2 today. I've been meaning to for a while to see what the hype is about.
It's not bad, coming from a cod player. Knifing gets me every time, use to pressing R3!
Snipering is a bit suss though. I've hit a number of headshots for it to just be deflected. Suppose upgrades will sort that out. Takes a while to level up!

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What do you mean deflected?
I think with the lower end rifles if your too far away it will bounce off there helmet and wont be a one shot kill.

I stupidly bought the kits so everything was already unlocked, the top couple of rifles (GOL/M95) headshot kill from further away then you can see so just keep grinding away! It's worth it.

Unless your missing without realizing. Snipers have bullet drop over long distances unlike COD.

NH_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think he means he cant actually aim because hes a cod player and is actually missing yet that cant be happening because hes totally pro at games.

And lower end snipers being too weak? the m24 is the best sniper in the game by far and you dont even unlock it! 1 shot kill if you hit the head everytime no matter what distance

Last edited:

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
The GOL is the best for long range anti-infantry as it's the most accurate by far, the Barrett is good for shooting down choppers, I shot a pilot out of a blackhawk at pretty long range while it was on the move the other day.

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think he means he cant actually aim because hes a cod player and is actually missing yet that cant be happening because hes totally pro at games.

And lower end snipers being too weak? the m24 is the best sniper in the game by far and you dont even unlock it! 1 shot kill if you hit the head everytime no matter what distance
The weaker ones seem to be like fly shooters at distance. Unless im actually missing...

m24 is pretty fun yes, I shoulda said low-powered. I use the GOL most of the time because it one shot kills and it's a little more accurate. I use the M95 when I want to shoot through buildings or windscreens from miles back :p. I've had alot of tricky shots like moving jeeps w/ long distance award but Helicopters... nope. They usually find me when I hit the Heli and they mow me down quick.

I was going to play some CoD but just remembering BC2 I think ima play that. Yay for being broke.

NH_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The GOL is the best for long range anti-infantry as it's the most accurate by far, the Barrett is good for shooting down choppers, I shot a pilot out of a blackhawk at pretty long range while it was on the move the other day.
Its all about how you use it, GOL and barret and both loud and give away your position, GOL doesnt have scope markings either so it takes a little more of a look at judge bullet drop, M24 is quiet enough, has scope markings for quick trajectory judgement, will kill 1 shot. Plus snipers these days are all about camping and sitting behind rocks and trees, i stand out in the open just strafing from side to side. People cant hit you because lets face it they suck at sniping anything that moves, and who looks to an open field to spot that guy who keeps long range sniping them? Ive perfected this technique since battlefield 1942 where it reigned supreme and still gives kids a taste of the back of your hand today.

sam705

Likes Dirt
When did i ever suggest that you moron?

Expressing my initial thought of the game, in which Steve-o understood. I'd shoot over a fairly large distance, the bullet would connect but wouldn't be a one shot kill. Obviously catering for the bullets natural arc in which it's basically impossible to know where abouts on the body it will land, everywhere but the head it would seem in this case. All in all i find it a brilliant game!

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
^^Hold fire after you have shot, and you can usually watch your bullet - If you hit the head, it will kill. I personally like the SV98 - Call me mad, I quite like it. M24 is good, but I never really likened myself to the GOL either. M95 is great for killing, minimal bullet drop, And will penetrate Blackhawks - If one flies over you, shoot through the floor at the gunner or the pilot :D - On the downside, It leaves a massive bullet trail which pretty much puts a giant set of concentric circles on you. The SVU and Type 88 are underated (VSS as well). Always good for shorter range chaos..

Try being a medic, seriously underrated - Although the PKM can be a little frustrating when your starting off.

I always play hardcore - So much better..

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
Hardcore is the way the game should be played, I play a lot of medic, especially if I'm with a communicating squad but I generally equip the G3 assault rifle as a medic, not a fan of LMG's.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
It isn't relevant to Battlefield but sniping on Black Ops sucks balls. :mad:

Does anyone see any value in Playstation Plus? I trawled through the entire library and found nothing that I wanted. Booooo!

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
It isn't relevant to Battlefield but sniping on Black Ops sucks balls. :mad:

Does anyone see any value in Playstation Plus? I trawled through the entire library and found nothing that I wanted. Booooo!
My immense hatred for Black Ops can not be described to a high enough extend, I fuckin' hate that game so much. Only thing that is remotely interesting is Zombies.
As for Playstation Plus, that sucks a fair amount of ass aswell, the games and content that are offered are mostly absolute garbage.

I'm really loving MX Vs. ATV Alive right about now, once they start releasing more tracks and the supercross mode, that game will be awesome.
I've been playing it at a pretty steady rate, and I'm up to lvl 48 now, don't want to kill the game of completely yet.
Love wacking Scrub Master on and shaving the fuck out of a lip on a jump and gettin' rowdy mid-air!

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
+1 but I also have a soft spot for the GOL and the .308 round ...

You can also use the mildots on the scope to range your targets.... takes a few mins and some practice to get the ranges sorted out for both standing and kneeling targets... but once you have done this and commit them to memory you are looking at a single shot kill for just about most of the shots you take at distance. Range the guy using the dots, adjust hold over and squeeze. You have to make an assumption that the target is an adult of approx 180cms.

Want more info on mil dot ranging... http://www.shooterready.com/lrsdemo.html this site is great and has a good simulator to put into practice.
Calculating the wind drift is a little trickier but if you want to know how to do it or how to range with Mildot, just ask. :)

On a side note... how freakin good does Battlefield3 look !!! http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/videos/frostbite2-trailer