Playstation 3 Thread

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
Lol have just watched the latest release of video for CODMW3 single player campaign.. about 11 mins of destruction in a city and cannot help but think... what about all the civilians, rockets and stuff blowing the crap out of everything in sight. Dropping Jdams on building roof tops, Helicopter shoot outs down the main street.

Casualties:
You and your squad: Seemingly Nil, this guy is a bullet sponge but can take a dozen bullets and some nade fragments in his stride !
Badguys: Lost count... was the entire city infiltrated with bad guys with guns before anyone noticed???
Civilians: Safe to say "collateral damage" would have been high.

Assault Brief to Goodguys: "Eliminate everyone and let nothing stand in your way... Team America Style"

[ur]http://n4g.com/news/839135/call-of-duty-mw3-single-player-campaign-over-6-minutes-of-gameplay[/url]

This just looked like COD:(insert franchise of choice here)

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I think the battle between Call of Duty fans and Battlefield fans will spiral out of government control this year as only the die hard COD folk will stick up for it, most of them being dudes who want to hack the game and cheat thus being branded as dickheads who turn gamers off the title. I won't be buying Modern Warfare 3 as I was over the game style before Black Ops came out and it just amplified why I hate online gaming. In saying that, Battlefield is a good style for online as you need to use your brain and it isn't so hair trigger as Call of Duty.
I'll be hanging shit on the Call of Duty fans.:clap2:

loc81

Likes Dirt
I ducked on and saw Dozer was on, but server was full- just as well, as my net was playing up and it felt like I was on dial up! Very lame..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Whoop-dee-do!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Where were you guys last night?!

I'll get on after basketball, about 8.30 I reckon! Prepare to be schooled Kurt!
I was on at 8.29pm! I played a cracking game at basketball and played even better on Battlefield! I had about five messages saying you were online, offline, on again.....off again.
Maybe later tonight after I watch the WRC in my home town.:clap2: HAPPY!!!!!

akashra

Eats Squid
Any thoughts on Resistance 3?

KMart have a 320GB bundle with this for $389 (or a 160 for 289 on its own), though I'm not big on console FPSes (I'm more of a PC keyboard/mouse style FPS guy). IGN gave it 9.0 though, which is a healthy score. I've just about finished L.A. Noire (I don't play a lot of games these days - have my brothers PS3 on somewhat permanent loan, but I really should make an effort to give it back to him), so I'm going to need something to occupy my time once I'm over that.

Last edited:

loc81

Likes Dirt
I just flicked through a JB catalog and BFBC2 is in the "any 2 for $40" section. If you have any friends that want to hop on the battlefield wagon- HERE'S YOUR CHANCE!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I've also seen Battlefield BC2 at EB Games for $28 new, that is great for a timeless game! As much as I'm looking forward to Battlefield 3, I'm still going to play BC2 just to unlock some more stuff.
Anyone want to buy Black Ops or Modern Warfare 2 in the steel book from me?

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
Any thoughts on Resistance 3?

KMart have a 320GB bundle with this for $389 (or a 160 for 289 on its own), though I'm not big on console FPSes (I'm more of a PC keyboard/mouse style FPS guy). IGN gave it 9.0 though, which is a healthy score. I've just about finished L.A. Noire (I don't play a lot of games these days - have my brothers PS3 on somewhat permanent loan, but I really should make an effort to give it back to him), so I'm going to need something to occupy my time once I'm over that.
Hey mate,

The guy next to me at work has been playing R3 in 3D and rates it highly. I was never big on console FPS either... but that all changed with Badcompany and since then have not played a PC FPS.

Thats a pretty decent price for a bundle, seeing you are in the PS3 thread everyone here is going to tell you... Do It !!

NH_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've also seen Battlefield BC2 at EB Games for $28 new, that is great for a timeless game! As much as I'm looking forward to Battlefield 3, I'm still going to play BC2 just to unlock some more stuff.
Anyone want to buy Black Ops or Modern Warfare 2 in the steel book from me?
Timeless? youve got to be kidding me. I was over it after about a month or two.

loc81

Likes Dirt
Always happy for a difference of opinion 'round here, but maybe tell us what games you enjoyed and why?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I say timeless because this title isn't released every year like Call of Duty..........When I talk to other players online they all say that the game is so diverse and keeps you coming back for it's appealing gameplay. You don't get that with COD, it is just walk around aimlessly and shoot the first thing that moves which is usually the shitty rubbish they animate to blow around each map. Believe me, I've spent some time playing these titles and I know which I prefer. I won't be buying another Call of Duty title as they are aimed at hair trigger shooters instead of thinking shooters.
Some things that would improve Call of Duty would be a matchmaking system that puts you against guys who spent the same amount of time on the game or similar ranks etc. I think this is what they intend on doing with COD Elite but that will get hacked and fucked up just like every other release they've done and seemingly not care about it and just let it ruin the game. It would be nice to also play against guys above the age of 12 so some sort of match making service like that would be nice. If that works out then maybe I'll consider playing COD again.

Lemontime

Eats Squid
I say timeless because this title isn't released every year like Call of Duty..........When I talk to other players online they all say that the game is so diverse and keeps you coming back for it's appealing gameplay. You don't get that with COD, it is just walk around aimlessly and shoot the first thing that moves which is usually the shitty rubbish they animate to blow around each map. Believe me, I've spent some time playing these titles and I know which I prefer. I won't be buying another Call of Duty title as they are aimed at hair trigger shooters instead of thinking shooters.
Some things that would improve Call of Duty would be a matchmaking system that puts you against guys who spent the same amount of time on the game or similar ranks etc. I think this is what they intend on doing with COD Elite but that will get hacked and fucked up just like every other release they've done and seemingly not care about it and just let it ruin the game. It would be nice to also play against guys above the age of 12 so some sort of match making service like that would be nice. If that works out then maybe I'll consider playing COD again.
You've got to be grateful for CoD keeping (some of) the 12 year olds out of BF, though! Always nice... (BC2 player here)

NH_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The bad company series has the least replayability out of all the of the battlefield franchise. Im an old school battlefield 1942/vietnam player, played bf2 for a fair while too but got over that before i even stopped playing 1942. you say bc2 has tactics and ever round is different, but it isnt really once you get a gun you like you never change, vehicles add nothing to the gameplay and you end up just running around shooting people albeit on a larger scale. You yourself basically said your going to keep playing just to unlock stuff. Well have fun with that but im telling you now bf3 is going to be the end of people playing bc2.

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
You've got to be grateful for CoD keeping (some of) the 12 year olds out of BF, though! Always nice... (BC2 player here)
Totally.

BC2 has survived to the next iteration BF3 very successfully which is a lifespan of more than 1.5 years. Impressive for any game when there are so many options being released every single year.
COD franchise for example has released a new version Nov every year since 2008. And each year seems to be the same old problems....patches, updates, glitches, cheats, hacks and screaming kidz etc etc etc

I am actually thankful to the COD franchise for keeping that crap firmly in its games and leaving BC2 to the purists. ;D

NH_ i think both games have their stereo types... but as a long time BC/BC2 player I change characters and guns every game depending on the situation. We still do get issues with career wookies but I think that exists in every game.

NH_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Totally.

BC2 has survived to the next iteration BF3 very successfully which is a lifespan of more than 1.5 years. Impressive for any game when there are so many options being released every single year.
COD franchise for example has released a new version Nov every year since 2008. And each year seems to be the same old problems....patches, updates, glitches, cheats, hacks and screaming kidz etc etc etc

I am actually thankful to the COD franchise for keeping that crap firmly in its games and leaving BC2 to the purists. ;D

NH_ i think both games have their stereo types... but as a long time BC/BC2 player I change characters and guns every game depending on the situation. We still do get issues with career wookies but I think that exists in every game.
Really you cant base bf3 on what bc/bc2 is though, bc is nothing like a proper battlefield game in any way.

Your very naive if you think bc2 didnt have its problems though. There was alot of patches on that game.

Last edited: