please delete

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think the most :eek::eek: fact about all this is that the tora's haven't fallen apart yet if you can keep up with a guy on an atomik. It could one of two things there, and I am not going to say.

As far as your bike goes though, it actually looks pretty nice, but Tora's would not be the best choice of fork for a intermediate free ride bike, but depends on what you ride, but I am assuming DH.

Anyway enjoy, and start to beat the guy on the atomik, because then you should bikes. :eek:

SMIIISH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I am curious to know what forks you have been riding on before these toras of yours. If the toras were an upgrade... what were you riding previously? i would have to agree with moving to a fork like domains.
Would also love to know what other kind of upgrades you had in mind/lined up for it...?

Mojo

Likes Dirt
im just gonna put it out there, its a BH grom, i think the guy is just loving riding bikes i dont think his into the whole sit down and analyze bike components just yet....

but i may be wrong

on another note thats a nice lil rig, do you have any action shots???

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Dont see too many BH Groms.
True.

I may be wrong, but arent toras cross country forks and arent bighits freeride bikes.
Yes and No...

go rockshox domains or any long travel single crown fork:)
bit pricey though :(
Nah mate.

im just gonna put it out there, its a BH grom, i think the guy is just loving riding bikes i dont think his into the whole sit down and analyze bike components just yet....

but i may be wrong

on another note thats a nice lil rig, do you have any action shots???
Beautifully said.

Without analysing it too much,
The SPEC series of BigHits were aimed at a junior level to their BigHit brothers like the Norco B-Line and the Stinky 2-4. While yeah, 26" and a reasonable amount of travel at the rear, anything over 150mm would be pushing it I reckon. It also encourages one to go harder...something this bike probably couldnt take unless it is a younger rider we are talking about here. I think the Tora is a good choice for it combines a strong platform with an ideal amount of travel. Remeber, Pikes are an All Mountain fork and look at how the vast majority of users use them. (Actually, they would be a good choice here as suggested BUT remember, one needs a 20mm hub)

Is that red tape or an Avid Rollamajig attached to the gear cable going into your rear derailleur?

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
go rockshox domains or any long travel single crown fork:)
bit pricey though :(
PIKES will do :D
Now don't think I am being rude, just giving a suggestion as to when you do next upgrade the forks.

If I was you what you said was perfectly correct, domain's or something of that size would be no good on a Gromit, yet a set of pikes would set it off. So if you ever do get the money, buy some second hand pikes off here for $500 maybe even $400.

But personally as I said before, it looks pretty smick even with the Tora's.