please delete

willsy01

Eats Squid
For all those using CRC, check around.
has anyone used Price Point: http://www.pricepoint.com/default.htm
or Evans Cycles: http://www.evanscycles.com/?currency=AUD&country=AUSTRALIA

does anyone know from past experience if these guy are tax free like CRC?most of their product are cheaper then CRC.
They're not allowed to charge VAT on items purchased outside the EU.

Edit: Just priced a few drivetrain items at Evans Cycles and they're quite a bit more expensive.

Last edited:

Slank

Likes Bikes
I picked up some xtr trail pedals a while back from evans cycles, worked out at under $100 australian delivered in under a week. This was back when the xtr trail pedals were around $150+ mark in Australia. I try and buy most of my stuff local saving any OS shopping for when there are big sales on or i know i wont be gouged in shipping on the way over or on the way back if i need to do a warranty claim

anthonyq

Likes Dirt
They're not allowed to charge VAT on items purchased outside the EU.

Edit: Just priced a few drivetrain items at Evans Cycles and they're quite a bit more expensive.
so not tax?heaps good. but there would probs still be tax on buying bike like usual ay?

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
quiet a few things are cheaper back on our shores vs CRC, eg. the NS soda FR bikes

CRC's have gone up in pricing on a quiet a few things, I've seen a few things a fair bit cheaper on home soil..the gap is fading on everything minus shimano/sram stuff.

http://www.ribbed.com.au/store/index.php/ns-bikes/ns-soda2-2012.html vs http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=72642

cheaper after shipping/before 10% GST n %5 stamp.. etc

Benny's actually got a fair bit of that NS stuff cheaper than CRC do, as do a few other importers who have to compete with CRC, I think as a whole we're all just used to going straight to them these days...

(yes im plugging for my competitor, I'm just glad to see him being able to compete against them. :) )

Pricepoint's shipping is absurd last time I looked, put me off ever getting some hope brakes off them years ago...

BLKFOZ

Likes Dirt
I got some bonty rhythm strips and valves from Evans fairly cheap (less than 4 pound each) as my local Trek shop couldn't get any 26" ones for me. They have arrived but I haven't fitted them yet - I thought they would take longer and haven't got sealant yet.
Probikeshop (France) kills CRC and Wiggle on price for Sram and Shimano components. Look at the groupset prices (around $600 for complete XT). I just ordered some bits and pieces and ended up spending heaps more than intended due to the low prices (kind of defeats the purpose but I'm set for a while now).
Heaps o bargins out there - just need to keep googling, scouring online stores and trawling forums to find the best prices. FYI Torpedo 7 has cheaper XT chainrings than CRC at the moment.

FLOYD1

Likes Dirt
I just brought XT brakes 2012 with ice rotors front & rear for $300 from my LBS. I mentioned about online prices and they are willing to cut some of thier profit to kep local riders buying local. They are $142,95 on CRC per end excluding rotors??

Nuff said?

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
I just brought XT brakes 2012 with ice rotors front & rear for $300 from my LBS. I mentioned about online prices and they are willing to cut some of thier profit to kep local riders buying local. They are $142,95 on CRC per end excluding rotors??

Nuff said?
Thats a good price local, I more than happy to buy local when the difference is small.

I mix and match, tend to by all the little things from CRC or who ever has them cheaper, and tend to by all my expensive things local, TBSM often can beat the best price when they have stuff on sale.

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
quiet a few things are cheaper back on our shores vs CRC, eg. the NS soda FR bikes

CRC's have gone up in pricing on a quiet a few things, I've seen a few things a fair bit cheaper on home soil..the gap is fading on everything minus shimano/sram stuff.

http://www.ribbed.com.au/store/index.php/ns-bikes/ns-soda2-2012.html vs http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=72642

cheaper after shipping/before 10% GST n %5 stamp.. etc

Benny's actually got a fair bit of that NS stuff cheaper than CRC do, as do a few other importers who have to compete with CRC, I think as a whole we're all just used to going straight to them these days...

(yes im plugging for my competitor, I'm just glad to see him being able to compete against them. :) )

Pricepoint's shipping is absurd last time I looked, put me off ever getting some hope brakes off them years ago...
took the words right out of my mouth rick.

my local shop (Fitzroy cycles carnegie) was cheaper than CRC by $20 for my Descendants back 6months ago. thought i would call them just out of a whim, and straight off the bat cheaper. (i wasnt an existing customer at that point) some time has passed since then, and the amount they look after me is even greater.
one thing i always make sure i pay is full labour rates, product has margin price can be played with, labour is your bread and butter.

guitar1234

Likes Dirt
If you order anything at CRC expect delays. I ordered and after 4 weeks my order has finally been dispatched. None of the items needed to be re-stocked, just the christmas rush:tape:

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
If you order anything at CRC expect delays. I ordered and after 4 weeks my order has finally been dispatched. None of the items needed to be re-stocked, just the christmas rush:tape:
Must be bad luck, saying any order will be delayed is a bit harsh (unless you have some inside knowledge of CRC logistics). I got my order in 6 days.

guitar1234

Likes Dirt
Must be bad luck, saying any order will be delayed is a bit harsh (unless you have some inside knowledge of CRC logistics). I got my order in 6 days.
I'm just saying that there could be a chance:distrust:
I seem to have very bad luck then :mmph:

Mike95

Likes Dirt
Have bought thru both wiggle & CRC.
Never had a problem, & postage has always been quick.

Although on my last order with wiggle, i had DHL try & pull
a $43 quarantine inspection fee on me a few weeks after the package arrived.
Spoke with DHL on the phone & disputed the inspection & they waived the fee.
Can't blame wiggle for that.

Just put my first order in with Evans Cycles.
Had the best price i could find on a camelbak Rouge.

Overall Evans prices seemed very good on most items.

I also try to buy local if prices are competitive.
I recently got some 2012 XT brakes & ice tech 160mm rotors for under $300 delivered in less than 48 hours
thru cell bikes. very happy

anthonyq

Likes Dirt
anyone else out there have a couple online stores that are good?
i try to buy from my lbs but they cant even price match with tbsm.. and tbsm not even that cheap so :S

broc

Likes Bikes
Just about to put an order through to probikeshop for an XT groupset so I'll let you know how I get on. $450 shipped, cant complain with that. I've already bought the Xt brakes from my lbs for $300

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I just brought XT brakes 2012 with ice rotors front & rear for $300 from my LBS. I mentioned about online prices and they are willing to cut some of thier profit to kep local riders buying local. They are $142,95 on CRC per end excluding rotors??Nuff said?
Um, if they are willing to cut their profit does that say that they are adding a huge mark up already and in turn cutting their own wrists? They basically admitted that they can move on price and match the all conquering killing English machine. That just makes them look fucking stupid.

anyone else out there have a couple online stores that are good?
i try to buy from my lbs but they cant even price match with tbsm.. and tbsm not even that cheap so :S
Not that cheap? You are probably getting the best price in Australia from those guys.

In the end, I work for my money and I'll put it where I'll get the best value. If I wanted to support a store I'd buy shares and prop it up that way. I wouldn't ask for a store to match a price from another country then have them make zero profit and spend an hour fulfilling the order..............to make no money. That will just send a store broke and it is not by any means a way of supporting them.

MRO

Likes Dirt
I wouldn't ask for a store to match a price from another country then have them make zero profit and spend an hour fulfilling the order..............to make no money. That will just send a store broke and it is not by any means a way of supporting them.
Asking them to price match at least gets them an opportunity to sell to you. If you just go straight to the online supplier the LBS does not even get in the game. They will not match the price unless they make money out of it, they will just say no to your request.

I usually check the price online and then go to my LBS and ask them to do a little better on their price. I am prepared to pay a little bit more to buy local, have goods in my hand when i leave and have a relationship with the bike shop.

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt

top_oz_bloke

Likes Dirt
I've bought plenty from Evans Cycles - similar (good) experience to Wiggle, CRC etc

Their prices are competitive on some things, not on others. Low free shipping threshold is good for small orders.