POC Trabec Race MIPS Helmet

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just wondering if anyone uses one of these helmets?

product_view.jpg

Off to the States in a couple of months and was going to check them out

They sort of look like your head will get pretty hot

Doesn't look like there is a dealer in Australia for the bike helmets at the moment

stoo

Likes Dirt
I have two of them, a standard model that I stick my lights to for the weekly night ride and a race model for the rest of the time.
They are the shit I say.
Air flow is not a problem and I don't give a rat's arse about the lack of Oz standards sticker, they are much safer than my last lid, super comfortable too, and nobody else that I ride with has one.....

T-Rex

Template denier
Apparently the new POC distributor is a mob called Snowsports based in Thredbo. I tried calling them for a POC component, they didn't even pick up the phone.

Good luck.

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanx for the info

I will try and have a look at them in the States when I'm there

Shredden

Knows his goats
Thing to be wary of with non aus standards helmets is potential insurance problems if you end up with head injuries, I bought my MX helmet locally, but for DH I am almost certain MTBA says "aus standards or equivalent", and my D3 falls into one of the categories considered to be "equivalent".

But hey, if I didnt already have a Fox Flux (which I love by the way, best helmet ever) I would consider the POC for sure.

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've been using the standard version for 9 months, super comfy, airflow good... you forget you are wearing it basically. They were a lot cheaper from US sites by the way not sure why... i got mine from https://www.allsportprotection.com/

I've got a big head too, and the largest size is super comfy. 61cm head btw

Puddleduck

Likes Dirt
I'm thinking of investing in one of these lids. Haven't seen one, just done some looking on the internet. I have a Giro helmet and some helmets just don't like my lumpen mishaped head. Might buy one of the internet.

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm off to the States next month so will check them out

Staying only 15 mins from JensonUSA :)

hopefully they will be released by then

Sketchl

Likes Bikes
Where????????

There's a few places in Manly Vale!!!!!!!!! A little more info would be appreciated. Thanks

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
off to the States in 10 days, going to order the POC Race Trabec (non MIPS version) and see how it goes

Only US$109!!!, if I like it will upgrade to the MIPS version (can't find many MIPS versions in the States at the moment)

nzblakis

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm off to the States next month so will check them out

Staying only 15 mins from JensonUSA :)

hopefully they will be released by then
Maybe just order it before you go because when I went there I thought it was going to be a massive wonderland of bikes but is really just a small shop :(