POC Trabec

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Emailed POC in Sweden and asked what's the difference between the Australian and international Trabecs and got this reply.

Read into it what you will

thank you for your inquiry.
Our helmet models satisfy the strictest world certifications, according to the country where the helmets are distributed, like CE EN 1078, AS/NZS 2063:2008 and CPSC 12.03 – the last two being the standards for Australia, New Zealand and USA. Both the Trabec and the Trabec Race have the AS/NZS2063-2008 certification.

Each standard has its own specific test requirements. CE impact tests are done against a curbstone (simulating the impact against the pavement) and flat (simulating the impact on a flat road surface).

Best regards,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So the only difference is the sticker?
That's what I think. Would like to compare an overseas POC to Aussie one before making final judgement

Wouldn't think a company would modify a design for a small market like oz

scblack

Leucocholic
I am quite sure the Australian Standard is the higher level standard worldwide for helmets.

One reason for that is the Australian standard requires the tests to be completed by ONE helmet. Other standards can use a new helmet to pass each separate test.

nick_dales

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So the only difference is the sticker?
Not Quite
That's what I think. Would like to compare an overseas POC to Aussie one before making final judgement

Wouldn't think a company would modify a design for a small market like oz

To Satisfy the Australian standards the helmet did have to be modified. The Australian Trabec helmets utilise a slightly different anchorage point for the straps. However the shell & all internal construction is exactly the same.

So yes POC have taken the extremely expensive & time consuming process of manufacturing a completely different helmet for the Australian Market.

I am quite sure the Australian Standard is the higher level standard worldwide for helmets.

One reason for that is the Australian standard requires the tests to be completed by ONE helmet. Other standards can use a new helmet to pass each separate test.
The Australian standard is a higher level of standard however many of the requirements could be considered mundane. The actual force of impact needed to satisfy the UK, Euro & Aus is extremely similar.

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not Quite

To Satisfy the Australian standards the helmet did have to be modified. The Australian Trabec helmets utilise a slightly different anchorage point for the straps. However the shell & all internal construction is exactly the same.

So yes POC have taken the extremely expensive & time consuming process of manufacturing a completely different helmet for the Australian Market.

The Australian standard is a higher level of standard however many of the requirements could be considered mundane. The actual force of impact needed to satisfy the UK, Euro & Aus is extremely similar.
Saw the new AUS standard trabec the other day, strap anchoring points look a lot better