Pointless?

Jimmy401

Likes Dirt
What? are you saying carbon spacers are useless, or because of how high his stem is. In fact, carbon spacers are a good addition to a bike, they are light look the shit, and have a much higher warp and crush resistance. So in conclusion, they are not useless. Unlike this thread.

Bazzil ballbag

Likes Dirt
I'm with Jimmy. What's wrong with carbon spacers? ya gotta use something, why not save a bit of weight without losing strength? Lots of people like the look of carbon.

Renegade

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If carbon spacers are pointles.. why do so many campanies make them. They are lighter and stronger.. and look a bit better I suppose.

DownhillerDeano

Doesn't want a custom title!
Not one person in this thread said carbon spacers were a bad thing or look shit or were a pointless mod. As Jimmy said, they are a useful thing if you have them, but wtf was the purpose of this thread?

While we at it, hey look at my modification, I re routed the brake hose and gear cables from the way they came from LBS....:rolleyes: See the point, pointless thread buddy

Tobyjug

Likes Dirt
what the fuck is with these crappy threads lately if you have nothing good to say, keep your mouth fucking shut, where the hell are all the mod's they should be locking this crap.

EastsideZero

Likes Dirt
Didn't you know that carbon loses 90% of it's advantage if you paint it?
Do you mean weight or strength advantage?

At no point did i make the statement that carbon spacers are pointless.
I am obviously not anti carbon 'cos its my steerer the things are sittin on isn't it.
Yes they do look excellent,which is the only reason i put them on. As for weight saving they seemed to weigh bugger all less than the alumunium spacers they replaced,you could save more weight takin a wee before you go out for a ride. And strength? I have never heard of someone having a catastrophic spacer failure while they're riding.

The point is after spending my hard earned money on funky loookin' spacers and gettin off my butt to get the allen keys and install them for practically no weight saving and an unecessary strengthening of a part that seems to not require it.Why did i bother? Why does anyone bother with purely cosmetic upgrading of parts.

Anyway i'm not cuttin' my steerer (Gudsell):) i like it that way so there!:D
And Tobyjug should learn to express himself without excessive use of expletives.It's neither cool or tough.Just makes you look a bit childish actually.:p

muzza167

Likes Dirt
I agree, i don't think that you would be saving much weight using a carbon spacer over a metal spacer. I have never heard of the metal ones warping either. I run a carbon spacer, and the only good thing i see good about it is that it looks kinda good, as EastsideZero said. Still i really wouldn't give a damn whether i had metal or carbon spacers.

Tobyjug - Don't like the thread? Don't post. If the mods thought it was as gay as what you think it is then it wouldn't still be here would it. Also 'if you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all' - basic rule, i have heard that for years. Hasn't your mum told you that yet? :rolleyes: