Police

Dane

Likes Dirt
so a car got stolen from the car park at work the other night. So what did the police do, they spent a night searching for it, found it and returned it to the owner.

Oh and also, i saw a guy have a heart attack at sandringham station, the police who were nearby came running and started cpr.

why give the cops a hard time? they are doing their job which is to help us. i got pulled up for riding with no lights about a year back. After a bit of discussion the police officer admitted to me that its not much fun for him to have to go to the scene of an acident and help scrape some kid of the road. i know some of their actions (excessive speed cameras, etc) are a bit stupid but no-ones perfect. [/rant]

anfon

Banned
iLikeBasS said:
.... (excessive speed cameras, etc) are a bit stupid but no-ones perfect. [/rant]
Anyway, it's not like any officers actually have a say about all the speed camera's.

It's all the governments fault. Start giving them shit. Not the cops.

Tomas

my mum says im cool
Some of us have had some bad experiences with cops....

On the most part, there pretty good.

S.

ex offender
Most of them are more than reasonable, it's the few pedantic power freaks who cause problems.

Wattsy

Hornsby Cycles
yer its the goverments fault not the police, they are just doing there job that is set by the goverment, they make the laws, not the police

fatkat

Likes Dirt
agreed most cops are nice people- they pull me over when im in the mini just to have a look at the car.

just people stereotype cops being power-obsessed reetards but most of them arent.

bazza

look at me
fatkat said:
agreed most cops are nice people- they pull me over when im in the mini just to have a look at the car.

just people stereotype cops being power-obsessed reetards but most of them arent.
looks like you cant stash those bodies in the back anymore! or the breifcase of drugs you promised me!

chrus

Likes Dirt
cops are cool. some ride bikes. i saw on tv what some of them ride. done up xtc one's!! pretty interesting..

fatkat

Likes Dirt
bazza said:
fatkat said:

looks like you cant stash those bodies in the back anymore! or the breifcase of drugs you promised me!
nar i use the merc for stashing the bodies and drugs- u can fit 4 bodies in there! the mini literally doesnt have enough space for a newspaper in the boot (the spare tire takes up everything)

Yes thats right, there doing there job, so give them a break, its ur own fault for not having lights, they just dont want to see you get hit by a car, its ur fault for not wearing a helmet, they just dont want you to have a cracked skull when a igronant motorist concentrates on them selves only!

Just dont give cops attitude or lip aND you should be fine...

danv

Likes Dirt
anfon said:
iLikeBasS said:
.... (excessive speed cameras, etc) are a bit stupid but no-ones perfect. [/rant]
Anyway, it's not like any officers actually have a say about all the speed camera's.

It's all the governments fault. Start giving them shit. Not the cops.
Actually cops are the ones who decide where speedcameras are located.

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
but they are told by government how many have to be located in a general area.

Cops are generally good guys/girls.
Before you go around talkin shit about them for pulling you over for doing something illegal think about how fucked you could possibly be (or how stolen you bike would be :p ) without cops and the associated legal system.

Mahoney_007

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The Justice system is an absolute joke. And the government needs to take a good long hard look at this situation where the criminal ends up having more human rights than the victim.

Cops on the beat are generally good blokes (and chicks) and are the 1st people your going to call when someone breaks into your house, but their job is "to serve and protect"!

Some off them arrogant pricks out there need to remember to not talk down to you, treat you like an absolute idiot, or just generally bullshit to the public just because they have a blue shirt on.

"By wiping off 5 you'll save lifes" BULLSHIT by learning to drive your freaking car you'll save lives.

And another thing stopping distance isn't ONLY affected by "speed" (as all the government campaigns tell you). Lets see contributing factors tyres, air pressure, quality of suspension, road surface, moisture, humidity, heat, disc's or drums (there is plenty more), oh and lets not forget the 2 most important aspects of good braking REACTION TIME AND SKILL.

okay sorry I'm going off on a road safety tangent I'll stop now

monkeymagic

Likes Bikes and Dirt
cops are good sometimes, occasionally you just get an asshole cop but otherwise they are genuinly good people that do want to help, i know i have had help from cops quite a few times.

nex time a cop pulls you up instead of being a smart ass be polite and see if they are still wankers to you, if they are get their name and badge number and report them... but dont be an asshole to them just because they are cops.

big-b!

Squid
most police are ok, i know some one who is having some harrasment issuses and all I can say is make sure you know your rights, be polite, and get their names and which station they are from.

naz

Criminally Inane
its because no one like authority! just like in here every one hates those mods(rik and shayne) but in other aspects we love them...cant really think of any reasons
jokes hehe u know i fucking with ya rik n shantyboy i mean shayne :p

when i was a fully sick little punk, i never owned a helmet it took me 9 tickets 2 chases, every bike cop in the area knowing me by name before i got a helmet, some people, but just the other week i bumped into a bikecop he waved me over and said 'good to see your wearing a helmet, how u been alex, still living in mosman' cops are tops

MikeT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeh i agree mate they do they jobs most of the time i only dont like some the real lazy ones like my bros car got stolen the other week and the cops found it the nextday (was used for bag snatching apparently ...WTF?? why the hell would you need a shit car like this for a getaway car yet again why would you need one anyway) but it took them like 2 weeks to give our car back all they have to do is dust for prints and give it back dont they????

n00b

Likes Dirt
"By wiping off 5 you'll save lifes" BULLSHIT by learning to drive your freaking car you'll save lives.

And another thing stopping distance isn't ONLY affected by "speed" (as all the government campaigns tell you). Lets see contributing factors tyres, air pressure, quality of suspension, road surface, moisture, humidity, heat, disc's or drums (there is plenty more), oh and lets not forget the 2 most important aspects of good braking REACTION TIME AND SKILL
Exactly. When I saw that ad I laughed my ass off. There is an infinite number of variables that affect braking performance. Even if done in lab conditions I find some of the claims made hard to beleive.

I'll just add to this and say im a cop.....

Look at me, i ride downhill....we are people too...we cop a lot of shit.

Trust me.

Dane

Likes Dirt
DH_Looney said:
I'll just add to this and say im a cop.....

Look at me, i ride downhill....we are people too...we cop a lot of shit.

Trust me.
do they race dh in the police (services - fire/ambo) games. i'm fairly sure i saw an article on it in amb? what kind of cop are you?

btw. i started this thread because i was annoyed by all the kiddy shit abuse posted in the other threads about police.