Polygon bikes

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I got the AX3.0 in December. Awesome bike. I went along to one of their test ride days first, mainly to see if I like the feel of an all mountain bike. If you are buying new, then I don't think I'd bother looking at anything else. They ride and work well and the components are generally a step up from a similar big brand bike.
Unless you're over 188cm...

spoozbucket

Likes Dirt
I'm surprised to see that people like the Recon I've had to work on one a couple of times and it is a steaming heap.

At about the five month mark it started to develop a bit of play in the back end so I just stripped it, cleaned it, lubed everything and put it back together. It really needed new bearings on the swing link but I figured I'd do it all at once. At the eight month mark the rear bushing are flogged(crap plastic bushings open to the elements) and all of the pivot bearings are shot. The frame had been moving so much that the drive side CS was contacting the frame around the pivot.

It was assembled fairly well but had some cables in the wrong guides and the brake lines were finger tight but the most annoying thing is the lack of full length cable runs, surely this can't save any money? After two or three months it got a full length run of outer which looks ugly but works.

For $1400 I guess they are ok but if you are over 60kg or aren't terrible in the corners I'd say save up some more or buy a decent a hardtail.

Also, watch for excessively long cables if your fork has a lockout, the one I played with would catch on the fork lockout and would screw up the steering.

stirk

Burner
Bought myself the Recon 4.0 and love it.

http://www.bicyclesonline.com.au/po...untry-mountain-bike-4-7-travel-shimano-deore/

I was wanting an upgrade to my first dual suspension bike after upgrading off a hard tail and it's great fun at a great price especially with the componentry you get.

The only gripe is that the bottle cage is under the frame. But it'd take that over having no bottle cage.
Haha my bike has bottle cage bolts under the front down tube too. You'd have to get off the bike to reach the bottle or have really long arms.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Haha my bike has bottle cage bolts under the front down tube too. You'd have to get off the bike to reach the bottle or have really long arms.
That's not a bottle mount you fool! It's for the optional snow plough attachment :tsk:

Luxin

Likes Bikes
Any further comments on the Polygon. Seriously considering the Polygon Siskiu D8 for my next purchase. I haven't found anything to pursued me away after extensive online research.

It appears there are a lot out there.

stu-2

Likes Dirt
I've just got a 2016 siskiu 7.0 hardtail and I'm very impressed with the quality and ride, heaps better than I was expecting.

Bryce88

Likes Dirt
Any further comments on the Polygon. Seriously considering the Polygon Siskiu D8 for my next purchase. I haven't found anything to pursued me away after extensive online research.

It appears there are a lot out there.

I went to get one too....until they told me they wouldn't have more stock until next year (that was about 3 weeks ago so may be worth double checking). If you have the time to wait, it is probably worth it. Great spec, good warrenty, great price.

Luxin

Likes Bikes
Yes I've noticed they are out of stock on their website. Out of stock with most bikes.

Andyg1972

Cannon Fodder
Polygon Siskiu D7 2016

I recently purchased a Siskiu D7 2016. Had to wait a week or two for it to get in the country but once it arrived I have nothing but praise for this bike.
All quality components and the working right out of the box. Just a few minor adjustments to suit me. My brother in law who is an avid Giant Fan was impressed with what you get for the price.

Last edited: