polygon DXP review

FLOYD1

Likes Dirt
After much consideration whether to go DX alloy or DXP chromoly i decided to go the Chromoly frame.

First of the frame, fork and wheel set on this bike is fantastic. the finish is excellent on the frame
1; The geometry is excellent and the bike jumps very well and is capable in every situation. It rolls really well and is very light in the air and easy to chuck around.
2: The Circus forks responds very well, has huge adjustments and is probably all the fork you are ever going to need, unless you are an advanced slopestyler and do 10m-15m jumps.
3: The ryno light wheels are bomb proof and have proven themselves over the years but the finish kit need to be upgraded if you are serious about your jumping.

The bars are only 680mm long and are the bmx sized not 31.8 MTB size. so new stem and bars are first on the list.

the seat looks great but is uncomfortable even sitting on the bike sizing up the next line,

the gearing is a little high (great for street/ trial) and i would recommend a 28 tooth rather that the 25 they offer.

So after all that is said the polygon DXP is a great bike and only need minor improvements as the main kit in outstanding but minor kit can be improved.

If i had to choose again after upgrading bars and stem, it comes out almost the same price as the DX which has 740mm bars
i would probably go the DX,
but i do like the Chromoly though

Deano

ozmanick

Likes Dirt
Was the only reason for choosing the DXP over the DX the Chromoly frame?
I was tossing up getting the DX but I'd like to know why you went for the DXP instead.

FLOYD1

Likes Dirt
Chromoly

Was the only reason for choosing the DXP over the DX the Chromoly frame?
I was tossing up getting the DX but I'd like to know why you went for the DXP instead.
I think the main reason for going DXP was the chromoly frame, as both bikes offer close to the same spec apart from the argyle tapered fork, even though it's only a R spec fork. The circus has more tunability the the base model argyle. Plus I think the chromoly will last a little longer in the long run. Never broke a chromoly frame but have cracked 3 alloys over my time.