Poodle style...a second vision

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Jumping back to the early Feb post - what do you think did the bearings in? I've owned a few pivots with no bearing issues to date.

I'd really like to build up something similar, 130/110 play bike, with modern AM geometry - just not sure I'd make enough use of it if I can find a frame long enough and with the right geometry with a nomad hanging from the wall.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Jumping back to the early Feb post - what do you think did the bearings in? I've owned a few pivots with no bearing issues to date.

I'd really like to build up something similar, 130/110 play bike, with modern AM geometry - just not sure I'd make enough use of it if I can find a frame long enough and with the right geometry with a nomad hanging from the wall.
Good question. I ride the bike like a DH rig a fair bit - shuttles/push laps of Ourimbah "dh", quarry of death, plus the local yawnrock fr trails and (not so) dirt jumps. So wear and tear combined with a lack of finess I think. Though it is a slopestyle and 4x bike. The previous edition had not issues and I'd purchased it second hand. I am wondering if the original owner related the stock bearings with something robust. By my understanding he is reasonably clever with the mechanics or well supported.

I'd also put a high % down to this jump (see photo). It isn't particularly big, but has a small dog leg in it (another fine example of yawnrock's great planning), as such I like to treat it as a transfer...I figure it is about 2-2.5m long and I transfer about 1m left to right. This if course requires me to throw the frame over nice and flat in the process then swing the bike around ~25-30 degrees (probably really about 5!). Unfortunately I don't always pin this as smoothly as I wet dream about and thus rattle the back end a bit. Or I'm imagining it...

mms_img358474537.jpg
(apologies for image quality...screen shot from long range).

If you have cash and space, build the bike. I love it! I ride the damn thing every day (commuter...Street/Park...and trail stuff) and it's awesome. Pivot claim the large is good for up to the higher range between 6 and 7 feet. I find that bit hard to believe...I'm 6 and it's a nice fit. A few stretched friends have ridden it with mixed reviews. Have you scoped the banshee something or other that they claim is a DH rider"'s xc bike? I was tempted.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well this is a bit out of date...

I recently switched chain guides. This is now running a shimano saint guide. It is perhaps too secure, providing a bit more chain contact than other modern guides I've used, but is robust and looks boss.

The bike remains a nimble and fun ride! I'm hoping to get this x-up business locked in by Christmas...

mms_img-1141934202.jpg

The bike is also a very nice trail bike. It corners and accelerates out of corners very well, which makes for fun leading into mid-sized jumps.

mms_img-2068134453.jpg

I haven't had the balls to hit anything big on it yet. This is a rider skill/confidence issue rather than a flaw with the bike.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I haven't had the balls to hit anything big on it yet. This is a rider skill/confidence issue rather than a flaw with the bike.
Hey, I didn't recognise you but my 1337 graphical skills has saved the day. Big air for the poodle.
Ah.... that's better...........

fify.jpg
Hopefully we don't need a image for bag of dicks anytime soon.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
You promised those photos were just between us...the air is in the hair!
Sorry sir, I just felt deep guilt not sharing them with the world. Had a Kim Kardashian moment like when she is in her underwear in front of a mirror with iPhone in hand and just can't stop it from happening as much as she tries. Just have to let everyone know.

Fortunately, you are damn fine looking pink poodle, I must say, as far as pink poodles go :heh:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Sorry sir, I just felt deep guilt not sharing them with the world. Had a Kim Kardashian moment like when she is in her underwear in front of a mirror with iPhone in hand and just can't stop it from happening as much as she tries. Just have to let everyone know.

Fortunately, you are damn fine looking pink poodle, I must say, as far as pink poodles go :heh:
I've thought about going blond...

2DIE

Likes Dirt
What tyres were on it in the first pic? I really want some gumwall/tanwall tyres oneday when my current ones wear out.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
What tyres were on it in the first pic? I really want some gumwall/tanwall tyres oneday when my current ones wear out.
On the street I'm running Halo Twin Rail. They are excellent on the streets, really hard wearing / long lasting, and roll plenty fast. They are useless on any dirt. There is a lot of wild colours but I've not seen them.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/au/en/halo-twin-rail-26in-tyre/rp-prod12385

When i get around to finishing my gravity bike these tyres might be retired in favour of something I can Street and dirt jump on. If such a tyre truly exists.

What a piece of shit, I've seen Ye face and it's better than that :dance:
Lets not confuse the top of my head with my face. Though my thinning hair probably looks like a scraggly beard from the right angle.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Aside from not wearing a helmet; thats a sweet build and airtime.
I am way to cool for helmets, they just hold me back from being at one with the environment when I ride...

I've been very pleased with the bike. It has received a lot of punishment in the ~16 months since I built it up and just continued to be amazing fun. This doesn't happen often...I usually change bikes over pretty regularly but when added with my first pivot m4x (that was stolen) I've been on this bad boy for about 2 years.

Only issues I've had with this build have been:
- Recently publicised freehub and cassette merging
- The dmr Grips don't last long (but they feel and look awesome and only cost $3)
- Fork services...fox.
- The stem appears to have stretched a bit around the steerer. I may have been a bit heavy handed on it one time...this hasn't been an issue for the same stem on my dh bike though.

I changed the pedals too, so I could save some micro grams. Otherwise this bike has done a lot of street, skate park, stairs, skids, wall rides, commuting, freeride, dh, dj, am, even a dash of xc...so much fun.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Just had the forks and rear shock serviced. They are running sooooooooooo smooth, I had forgotten how good they could feel! I also needed to replace the fancy anodised blue aluminium bolt as I had bent it being a hectic gnar bandit. A quick trip to the local super bolt shop and 70c later I was ready to kick it.

stirk

Burner
Just had the forks and rear shock serviced. They are running sooooooooooo smooth, I had forgotten how good they could feel! I also needed to replace the fancy anodised blue aluminium bolt as I had bent it being a hectic gnar bandit. A quick trip to the local super bolt shop and 70c later I was ready to kick it.
I didn't think they had bolts in Newcastle, only nuts!

Who is this selling bolts?