poor bighit

CHEWY

Eats Squid
i hope this was a joke cause this is gonna die very quickly
wouldnt mind takin it for a ride but

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
Makes you wonder weather these people like to joke around or are for real. Really, even with an 8inch rear travel bike that is grossly overkill.

Anyone know how heavy mx forks are btw?

S.

ex offender
Pana said:
Makes you wonder weather these people like to joke around or are for real. Really, even with an 8inch rear travel bike that is grossly overkill.

Anyone know how heavy mx forks are btw?
About the same in kilograms that mtb forks are in pounds.... ie usually around 8-10kg I think. Not really sure though, don't quote me on that one.

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
An 8-10kg front end (plus front wheel) would just feel awful. You'd almost need hulk to turn the bugger through tight burms. Then again, huckers arn't really known for their bike handling skills ***cough bender cough***

Mason

Likes Dirt
That specialized dosn't even have the 8 inch upgrade, it looks like its running the stock 6.3 inch linkage plates

Ty

Eats Squid
hows this

me and dom rode with the guy who owns this bike at tambo one day, he spent over a grand re valveing the moto forks.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
hahaha those 80 froks or sumthin, looks like my old yz80's.
motie forks and tripple chainring classic

Mason

Likes Dirt
Both those bikes if they get riddin with those forks are very poor bikes. I think im gonna cry now

DOM

Eats Squid
Umm correction

The SGS Iron Horse is not a Photo Shop ... I rode with the dude who owned it.

As for that other Bighit - that is a photo shop ... look at the leaves around the forks -- smudged.

But that Iron Horse isnt fake .. those are real RM 80 forks. he spent alot of cash doing them up though.

I think that dude leaves or was riding new Tambo.

Oppy

Likes Dirt
Yes Check the front brake cable and how it breaks as it goes over the fork leg. It's a really good job but still fake. Also see the blur on the grass

Ty

Eats Squid
well i reckon the front brake caliper swinging in the air is what makes it most believeable, with a normal length hose you couldn't attatch the front caliper to a fork that long, so i guess they are still sorting that problem out, if you were going to photoshop something that well you'd at least attatch the caliper.

and the Iron horse is real, i've seen it/touched it, thoes re valved forks felt so good but were bloody heavy.

Adi

It's my birthday!
They look real to me, i dont think its shopped, all the lighting is perfect, especially in the second bighit picture.

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What can i say, If they are real, and they ride em, then they are deffinately WANKERS ! Especially the big hit owner.

All i want to know is WHY ???

So next time i have my fork off the WR i better whack it on my FRM and take a pic so everyone can debate weather or not it's real over at pinkbike. What do ya reckon guys ?? :wink:

S.

ex offender
CHEWY said:
u got a WR too. maaaan u got it lucky
Not really, he's got a badly broken wrist too! So no riding for a few months at least.

That isn't really "lucky", that's more like constantly having hot naked chicks dancing in front of you but you're completely unable to even touch them :wink: