Poor Mans Disc Facing Tool

teK--

Eats Squid
I'm sus that it could make the situation worse.

That would face your mount to be aligned to the mounting bolt, but no guarantee it would line up with the wheel axle. What if one or both bolt holes were drilled or tapped off axis for example?

After the cost of the proper tools I ended up just taking my bike to the shop and it cost me $30 per end.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Just use a flat fine-cut file across both post mounts and gently draw file the paint off whilst keeping the file flat and making sure it's on both posts at the same time.
*I take no responsibility for your inability to use a file carefully

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
What bothers me is that a commercial bolt/screw in a mass production tapped thread will be wobbly wobbly (this is the correct engineering term) at best. So the ability to keep the surface at right angles to the nominal thread centreline is marginal at best. Factor in the potential that the thread is not perpendicular to the axle makes it all potentially wonky.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Regular file post mounts or file the spacer.

Is this for removing paint/carbon off the PM ? Are your PM's off whack ?

Cant think that will last long without going blunt.

There's no rocket precision needed, add a washer for an extra millimetre, file a bit off for -mil, add a washer if you file too much.

teK--

Eats Squid
Just use a flat fine-cut file across both post mounts and gently draw file the paint off whilst keeping the file flat and making sure it's on both posts at the same time.
*I take no responsibility for your inability to use a file carefully
1000013145.jpg

RastaRuss

Likes Dirt
I actually have very little use for the tool, but I love buying & using specific tools, made for specific tasks.
I mean look at this one !

Last edited:

Jpez

Down on the left!
I actually have very little use for the tool, but I love buying & using specific tools, made for specific tasks.
I mean look at this one !
Sounds like you’re the perfect candidate for the laser handlebar straightening tool!

IMG_1275.png