Port Douglas mtb part 2

Ty

Eats Squid
haha I remember digging at those trails with Egan and Chris McCormack circa '96-'97, you'll learn about building jumps out of sand in about 3 weeks when the rains start.

some solid hucks there too boys.

ahah tru the ones behind the netball courts. yer there pretty shit but we cant really be to bothered to build them up cause its going to flood soon and all the work will just wash away or the little kids will come and destroy them and blame it on somone else

Ty

Eats Squid
actually before whoever built that double up and there was still a decent run up (ie, tapped out) me and mate wear clearing the tabletop that you guys are landing your 360s ontop of, could of been good with somemore work, we just ended up clearing some of the crap out and making a dirt quarter out of it after we got sick of pedaling our arses off trying to clear the thing.

ahhaha yer ther is a landing at the back on the hill but with the old double no one cuold get enought speed for it but now the doubles longer with more of a gap and less hieght so people might start clearing it soon hopefully. yer we hope it wont stay flooded for as long as it did last year , late febuary or around march somewhere there

Ty

Eats Squid
that area has flooded ever since they pumped the inlet mud onto the old rubbish tip to make the footy fields (about 1990ish maybe)

Me and some mossman lads have been scopeing for a spot to build some DJs for a while now, our last set lasted all of 2 days before the mill guys dozed it, such is life.

shit man ive seen tyre marks on there but i never thought of doing it that way i was thinking of digging a bit of a lip on the ground next to it. your crazy man have u seen that bit of concrete that pokes out there?