Port Macquarie 12/6 Hour - 1&2 March

trotts7

Likes Bikes
Hi folks,
Thought i'd give the Port Macquarie 12 hour a bit of a plug.
Its on 1/2 March, I did it last year and it was a fantastic race, nice track, facilities and great atmosphere. There's also a 6 hour option this year.
See their web site for details http://12hr.hvmtbr.com/

DaGonz

Eats Squid
I really wanted to get up to this race this year. I heard nothing but positive reports last year, and the track at the State round was simply fantastic.

...And they have hot showers!

If only it didn't clash with the 8hr in Nowra.

Cheers
Gonz

Delmar

Likes Dirt
I live heaps closer to the 8hr and am easily choosing the Port race in preference. As Trotts said: great track, great organisation and the 12am start means leaving sat morning is no probs.

trotts7

Likes Bikes
Interest???

Not much interest in the Port race eh?, is anyone out there going to this or are Delmar and me gunna clean up???

Delmar

Likes Dirt
Not much interest, and I'm still not gonna clean up!;-)

Good race guys, check the link out!

RED_RACER

Likes Dirt
Cant Wait

I am counting down the days to the 12hr. Apparently they have a new section that is a no pedal, gavity fed, burmed up fun run. Are the having the massive up and over things at the start again? They are impressive!

Delmar

Likes Dirt
Entries almost closed

Bumping this one up cos the entries only have a few days to go.

These guys know how to build a great track, they have awesome facilities and camping (old footy ground: plush and flat), and its just a well put together event.

Worth the drive, follow the link above...

RED_RACER

Likes Dirt
Track condition

The four hour on the weekend was awsome. The boys have been building bridges so that a wet race can run without bikes getting muddy. Its amazing how dry the track is after so much rain. I'm keen as now, bring on the 12HR!!

sruge

Likes Dirt
Port Macquarie 12 Hour

Another great race. The changes to the track seemed to be mainly dictated by the need to get around boggy spots - were mostly good and really added to the flow in places. The series of tight bermed corners coming down from the top of the course were a hoot - made the tip-stink-climb worth it knowing that it was followed by several k's of mostly flowing descent. Your track builders do a great job! Only gripe - how do I put this - your announcer gets a bit repetitive and you need 1 or 2 more music cd's.