[POS] blue dragooooon

shiredhr

Likes Bikes
spec;
frame: 09 Eastern Thunderbird frame-standard(21.8)
forks: 09 rst space 80mm
cranks: Eastern Shaft
pedals: dabomb bullethole silver
BB: Sealed mid bottom bracket
wheels: No name rims on Eastern hubs
sprocket: Eastern Medusa Light Sprocket
seat: Eastern Pinner
brake: juicy 3.5 160mm
grips: eastern
tyres: Kenda NPJ rear tire and Small Block 8 front

Smacks

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Big big fan of those frames and their geo but, apart from the deece tyres, the speclist on Thunderbirds is filth :(

How's it ride?

shiredhr

Likes Bikes
nice car btw.
i am on occasion known to venture into wonnie heights... so just listen out and youll probs here me coming:p

but anyways yer the bike feels absolutely epic after coming of a single speed, street tyred 08 sasquatch

in terms of spec im going to be upgrading as parts break or wear out (...or just stop looking pimp enough!:cool:) but as it is now it is perfect for where i am at atm:confused:

taquar

Likes Dirt
That's lookin nice man. Except that seat looks rather close to the tyre, and as bighair said, is the chain a bit slack?

jimmy-dh

Likes Dirt
I'm not to big on park mtb but this bike looks great. The matching blue on the frame and the rims really sets it off. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun on it.

shiredhr

Likes Bikes
Thats actually really nice. Don't you get super chain rattle though? Pretty slack...
haha the chain isnt usually that slack... i Just had the wheel off to put the avid rotor on and thought it would be a highly oportune photo moment:eek:

oh and yer the seat being that low is awesome in terms of being almost negligent out of the way, although i have gotton caught in it a couple of times with my shirt haha! coming up short on transfers etc and getting a little to close to the wheel:cool:
geez i felt stupid being dragged backwards onto my wheel with my mate watching! (and laughing to a considerable extent of course)

coreydickfos

Likes Bikes
Thunder

HOW DO YOU FIND THE FORKS TO BE i HAVE ALSO GOT A THUNDERBIRD BUT MY FORKS ONLY GO IN LIKE HALF WAY AND THEY ARE REALLY STIFF BUT THE GUY THAT HAD IT BEFORE ME DID NOT TAKE CARE OF IT AND i LOVE THE NEW FRAMES I GOT AN 08:(
AND ARE THEY THE ORIGINAL BARS IF SO I THINK YOU SHOULD GET SOME WIDER ONES I DID AND IT HANDLES REAL WELL
nice bike

Last edited:

supermajo1

Likes Dirt
Rst

i had a pair of rst forks and the stanchions snapped while i was dirt jumping
so i would replace them with new forks if possible
probably argyles

shiredhr

Likes Bikes
HOW DO YOU FIND THE FORKS TO BE i HAVE ALSO GOT A THUNDERBIRD BUT MY FORKS ONLY GO IN LIKE HALF WAY AND THEY ARE REALLY STIFF BUT THE GUY THAT HAD IT BEFORE ME DID NOT TAKE CARE OF IT AND i LOVE THE NEW FRAMES I GOT AN 08:(
AND ARE THEY THE ORIGINAL BARS IF SO I THINK YOU SHOULD GET SOME WIDER ONES I DID AND IT HANDLES REAL WELL
nice bike
80mm street dj forks are meant to be stiff... the only real time they should even come into the equation is smoothing things up alittle when things start to get hairy

most of the riding if put this though, park they have handled briliantly! that said they are handling exactly as you described and for the intended purpose thats great