Possums discussion thread

Red.

Likes Dirt
You can get a bit of air of that rock if you carry a bit of speed into it.
I like the run in, its got those heaps sketchy rocks you have to watch out for which makes it good. I don't really wont to get rid of them. And also i have put some berms in where we need it the most. I wont the rest of the corners to form ruts because the dirts really soft up there. So we just need more people to come ride it more often.
We can do shuttles on my moto one day and i will ask zack to do it too.

bishi2516

Likes Dirt
yeah just leave most the track the same especially that steep bit wher the rock is, yeah luke we could maybe put like a just a lil double on the flat bit befor the tree you have to sneak through

Red.

Likes Dirt
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
yeb.

Here is some photo's of what i made out of the fallen tree...

Looks so good
whish i could ride it. I might try to ride but i dont think i can touch the brake.
the doctor said that i get my cast off in 4 weeks.:mad::mad:

nskz

Likes Dirt
Looks like you lads are doing some pretty rad work up there, props. Will have to check it out on my next XC ride up that way...pushing the DH rig up the fire road to treetops is not much fun haha.

Luke_99

Likes Dirt
Looks like you lads are doing some pretty rad work up there, props. Will have to check it out on my next XC ride up that way...pushing the DH rig up the fire road to treetops is not much fun haha.
Yeah its not the best. When we usually decide to ride the trail, we get dropped up at the top of mt ousley truck stop. And ride the fire road till we come along to a single trail called 'slippery jacks'. Its quite steep, fun and tecky and leads straight onto the fire road to get to treetops. Then you just have to walk up that last little hill to get to treetops.

nskz

Likes Dirt
Yeah its not the best. When we usually decide to ride the trail, we get dropped up at the top of mt ousley truck stop. And ride the fire road till we come along to a single trail called 'slippery jacks'. Its quite steep, fun and tecky and leads straight onto the fire road to get to treetops. Then you just have to walk up that last little hill to get to treetops.
Yeah I'm fairly sure I know the trail you mean. If I ride up from possums to brokers i'll ride down there to get quickly back to treetops/possums. It's got a really hidden entrance and it's basically about 100m straight and _steep_ then a kinda switchback in the middle then another 100m or so straight and steep...then a switch back out. Drops you out onto the fire-road then a few hills back up to tree tops? Pretty sick track but it's mega sketchy on the XC bike haha :cool: Tree tops is actually a quick loop if you have a bike that can pedal up hills, the two steep climbs are fair killer though after a few goes.

Looks like this?

Edit: sorry will stop filling the thread up with OT shite :|

Attachments

Last edited:

Luke_99

Likes Dirt
Yeah I'm fairly sure I know the trail you mean. If I ride up from possums to brokers i'll ride down there to get quickly back to treetops/possums. It's got a really hidden entrance and it's basically about 100m straight and _steep_ then a kinda switchback in the middle then another 100m or so straight and steep...then a switch back out. Drops you out onto the fire-road then a few hills back up to tree tops? Pretty sick track but it's mega sketchy on the XC bike haha :cool: Tree tops is actually a quick loop if you have a bike that can pedal up hills, the two steep climbs are fair killer though after a few goes.

Looks like this?

Edit: sorry will stop filling the thread up with OT shite :|
Yep, thats thats the track. The picture doesn't show you how steep it really is.. Its steep ;)

Red.

Likes Dirt
Yep, thats thats the track. The picture doesn't show you how steep it really is.. Its steep ;)
Thats what i was just thinking
For people that have rode treeTops its like that steep bit. but for most of the way down.
Any one keen for a build this week why the dirt is still madd.:confused:

Luke_99

Likes Dirt
so true,
that track is steep. pretty fun though.
Also what are you guys building next at possums?
Not to sure of what we are going to do next.
Well when i get around to doing it, i want to make the third jump on the 4x section bigger and higher as well as a couple of whoops after it to keep the flow. But other than that just fixing up the track and basic maintenance like that.

Do you have any plans?

Red.

Likes Dirt
What about putting some berms on the rock track. the one over near the dirt jumps.
so you could keep more speed on it. that would be cool.

supermajo1

Likes Dirt
Not to sure of what we are going to do next.

Do you have any plans?
No, i cant say that i do.
I will just do some work on Zanus's track
If you are going to build the third jump and i am there i will help build it if you need help

yeahyeah

Likes Dirt
Yo
Just seen that you are taking suggestions for possums, maybe you guys could build those berms up leading into that hip jump if possible?
And to spydh yeah i was there that day i was on the silver jamis bam II with the TLD palmer helmet.
Love all you work up there fella's keep it up!

Luke_99

Likes Dirt
Yo
Just seen that you are taking suggestions for possums, maybe you guys could build those berms up leading into that hip jump if possible?
And to spydh yeah i was there that day i was on the silver jamis bam II with the TLD palmer helmet.
Are you talking about the the track where it comes out at the shoot, just below the step down?

Red.

Likes Dirt
Yo
Nar dont think so, they are good as ruts we like to ride them in the rain.
Its lots of fun