Post Office Pickup

Bocaj1994

Likes Dirt
I recently paid off my 3 plan and moved to Vodafone on the $65 cap with a HTC Desire HD. The account was under my dads name and I couldn't change the delivery address from our home address to any of my family members workplaces and blah blah blah.

Basically, I have missed my phones delivery and it is under my dad's name and the only time he can pick it up is on Saturday while I have a 12hr shift and frankly, I'm to impatient as my current phone is shitting me!

Will the post office allow my mum or me to pick it up? Will I need written permission or can I call my dad while I'm there for him to give me permission?

Thanks in advance.

Bocaj1994

Likes Dirt
Well, that's what I'm hoping for.

I'm gonna have to wake up earlier and got to the post office when it opens before work, doubt my mum will be up though :\

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
depends on the post office too, ive had some P/O that wont let me get the item with out photo ID. as once i only had my bank card on me. had to pick it up the next day.

Bocaj1994

Likes Dirt
depends on the post office too, ive had some P/O that wont let me get the item with out photo ID. as once i only had my bank card on me. had to pick it up the next day.
My mum always has multiple photo I.Ds on her and I have my Learners, so that shouldn't be a problem. My only worry is them not letting me pick it up due to it not being under my name.

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
the other thing may be get your dad on the phone while your trying to pick it up.
couldnt hurt.

Regan of Gong

Likes Dirt
Post office will only let you pick up something unless you're the recipient with photo I.D, or if you fill out the "Agent" section on the card they left. Learnt that the hard way this week trying to pick up some stuff for my brother.

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have quite a bit of stuff come through the Auspost for me and I can just walk in, show them the pickup ticket, grab my shit and then walk out.

BLKFOZ

Likes Dirt
You just need to fill out the form on the card they drop off in the mail box.
My wife picks up a lot of my stuff from Auspost without me filling the card out and without being asked for ID - but my initial is I and hers is L so I don't think they realise its a different person (the card only ever has the 1st initial and surname of the adressee).

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They are meant to ask for photo ID, but usually they know it's you after a while.. On the delivery card you find in your post box, fill out the Agent's section on the back and your Dad will be able to pick it up for you.

Bocaj1994

Likes Dirt
The only thing on the back of the card is some Australian Air Express depot instructions which don't apply to me.

I guess I'll just go in tomorrow morning and try my luck.

stacky

Likes Bikes
As well as photo ID, take something official like a bank statement or utilities bill that is addressed to you and proves you are a resident at the delivery address.

0psi

Eats Squid
You can get the 'reciever' (in this case your dad) to authorise it. I once had to collect a parcel for work which was in my boss' name who lives 3 hours away. They got me to call my boss and get him to fax through a letter to the post office allowing me to collect the parcel. I also get the missus (completely different name) to collect stuff for me on a fairly regular basis, she just shows them her driver licence which has the same address on it and I'll scribble "I authorise blah blah to collect this parcel on my behalf, signed 0psi"

Bocaj1994

Likes Dirt
No dice.

I went in there this morning with my attempted delivery slip with my mum, her drivers license and my learners permit.

She handed over the slip and said it was under her husbands name, I have I.D, is that alright? He says, sure I'll just go check it.

My mum then proceeds to blurt out "It's a mobile phone" and the guy turns around and says "Sorry, only the person it is delivered to can pick it up due to the phone companies policy. Doesn't matter if you live at the same address or have permission, it can ONLY be picked up by whom it was meant for."

My dad is going to go pick it up on his lunch break, meanwhile I need to put up with this POS that has a dodgy touch screen and shitty signal, ohh the pain of being a spoilt brat :(

Bocaj1994

Likes Dirt
I would be happy as Larry if I could do things on my current phone. No emails and no Internet which both directly affect my work.

Just 5min ago my boss had me email him a picture, I have no dedicated camera and no way of connecting my phone to my computer so I had to send him a pixelated blurry re-sized image via sms which he now needs to email to himself to be able to view the damn thing.

Bocaj1994

Likes Dirt
I now have my delicious phone but can someone tell me how to activate my SIM card? Or do I have to wait for X amount of hours?