Post ya ute!

fallboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
havent posted on here in a while .thought i'd add my ute to the mix .
its a 05 vz ss . 6spd manual with leather and climate control .

so far i done my twin 3" exhaust with tri y pacemaker pipes , got a nice otr intake and maffless tune done also . currently its around 230 odd rwkw . Ive been racing it at the drags a fair bit with a best of 13.1 . My clutch is holding me back from going any faster now as its starting to slip at the track .

dunno what the future holds mods wise to this .depends how soon we start a family . if i have to get rid of it i'll buy a vr or vs sedan to put a ls2 into ,which will get the cam i was planning to put into the ute if i keep it .i'm leaning towards building up a vs to race at the drags and buying a prado or similar to tow with .

either way i'll have something soon that runs some good numbers .

hope you like . and hope the pics work too .

cuz

Nice one Cuz. I have bought a BAII XR8, six speed leather etc. No mods yet though.

fallboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Shoulda kept the turbo......

I dont know. In theory turbo is better. Mine was a slug and 4sp auto = no fun. The XR8 six speed man is alive. Makes a real yokel noise too. Beats my friends turbo manual every time.

Cloaked STP

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My 05 Dual Cab SR5 Hilux.

Got it in June with 42000 kms on her. She is only a rear wheel drive but good enough to throw the bikes in.

Future plans, ditch the nudge bar, ditch the rear step, chrome grill, 18's, a nice zaust no cannons here, tints and a nice stereo nothing retarded only about a grands worth.

Yes permission to call me a wanker after mods have been carried out is granted.

Pete_10

Likes Bikes and Dirt
my landcruiser towing a mates falcon.
That could have ended in all sorts of fucked up, lucky a cruiser is a heavy sort of car though. Towing a car on a trailer with the motor at the rear is not such a good idea.

On the topic of beating up on utes and ones with bull bars in particular, I myself are not a fan, but Jesus "lowluxs" and minitrucks are just as bloody useless.

Cloaked STP

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That could have ended in all sorts of fucked up, lucky a cruiser is a heavy sort of car though. Towing a car on a trailer with the motor at the rear is not such a good idea.

On the topic of beating up on utes and ones with bull bars in particular, I myself are not a fan, but Jesus "lowluxs" and minitrucks are just as bloody useless.
Its funny you say that because during the week, mine is pretty useless I drive a fair bit for work so it does use a bit of fuel. But on the weekends, its awesome throw the bikes and shit in and hit. Also has come in handy twice now moving tree bits to the tip and helping a mate move. So for about 2 days work and 20 bucks of fuel I got 2 cases of Coronas. Not bad :)

I am looking at the larger wheels for added grip as I have had some issues in the wet :D, but anyway. I also know that the larger and wider wheels will use more fuel but Im will to pay that for grip. Plus the 4.0L V6 sounds pretty nice when you put the foot down and a decent Exhaust will just make it sound ripe. Plus I dont see the point of having the nudge bar as well, I dont live in bush so I dont need the people bumper.

Pete_10

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Its funny you say that because during the week, mine is pretty useless I drive a fair bit for work so it does use a bit of fuel. But on the weekends, its awesome throw the bikes and shit in and hit. Also has come in handy twice now moving tree bits to the tip and helping a mate move. So for about 2 days work and 20 bucks of fuel I got 2 cases of Coronas. Not bad :)

I am looking at the larger wheels for added grip as I have had some issues in the wet :D, but anyway. I also know that the larger and wider wheels will use more fuel but Im will to pay that for grip. Plus the 4.0L V6 sounds pretty nice when you put the foot down and a decent Exhaust will just make it sound ripe. Plus I dont see the point of having the nudge bar as well, I dont live in bush so I dont need the people bumper.
Oh sure they'll be fine for that sorta stuff, and excellent for carrying a bike or two, but I'm just talking in the sense of the ute it "used" to be.