Post your 4wheeled ride (Car)

Shorty40

Likes Dirt
THIS, is my kind of car.

That buggy was for sale recently was it not?
Yes. I had it for sale for a while. Still kind of is for sale. For the right price ;)

But I am putting an auto in it at the moment. So that should make it a hell of a lot more fun :D

floody

Wheel size expert
If you get a good semi slick with a 'rain' tread such as the Toyo ProxesRA1 even cold in the dry there will be nothing that will out grip them.
I would have argued that an RA1 isn't anything like a A048 really when it comes to purpose or tread design. I thought we were talking A032, A048, Dunlop D01's and that sort of minimal tread stuff.

And of course we're all forgetting just how crap stock suspended cars tend to drive on semi slicks...the stiff sidewalls need good wheel alignment and such or it would follow each and every seam in the road.

Surely you'd agree theres plenty of performance street tyres which would be a better bet in a daily driven car? Its an RX impreza, not as if its going to need utterly massive amounts of grip to outstick the stock rubber.

Joly Joe Rider

Likes Dirt
The RA1 is a very soft tyre (softer than the 032a, and the dj01) meant for single lap dashes and hillclimbs but probably shines best in the wet were heat wont attack the soft compound.
And it comes in at least $50 cheaper than those you mentioned

I do agree that I performance street tyre (not semi slick) is more consistent and more alrounded for street driving. You raise a good point about standard suspension with sticky tyres. soft rubber bushes in standard suspensions will deform under heavy loads and change camber, castor and toe angles.

Topple's

Likes Bikes
Well, after the E36's are dated comments i thought i'd better post my car before it gets too old.
323i 11 pound flywheel, m bits , 1996.

Attachments

e30 guy

Likes Dirt
Well, after the E36's are dated comments i thought i'd better post my car before it gets too old.
323i 11 pound flywheel, m bits , 1996.
Thats nice. :cool: I like the older cars anyway the crazy designer they have at BMW at the moment is quite crazy!

floody

Wheel size expert
BANGLE! I agree, anything BMW that Bangle has had anything to do with, looks wise, is just rubbish.
E36 and earlier - nice! E28 and E30 are my favourite 3 series, E34 5 series being my favourite bimmer of all. M540i would be cool to have.

W2ttsy

Likes Dirt
i remember top gear gave the new m5 a dud rating on looks. performance wise its a pretty top machine, but the new look is not appealing at all.

i still seat myself firmly in american muscle, wanting either the corvette z06 or the dodge viper. both top performers, and at a decent price point...

edit: car time...

since it was last on farkin (april) its had a 2.5" cat back exhaust, 18x8 wheels and matching rubber, lowered 2" with king super lows and a set of r8 lights whacked into the front. i also got chrome interior fittings and tomorrow the black bump strips will be color coded to match the car.

DSCF0153.JPG
DSCF0161.JPG
DSCF0163.JPG

W2ttsy

Last edited:

Jordy

RYD4LF
I'll post pictures of my mini truck tomorrow

Dual cab hilux 1996 model
18 x 8 bsa limited wheels.
shaved everything
chrome front end
$1200 sony headunit
kicker splits in the front,
alpine type S 6x9's in rear powered by a pioneer 120 watt rms two way amp
2 kicker 12's in the back
840 rms Audiobahn amp for the subs, fan cooled.
bagged in the rear.
drop spindles in the front.
bag kit for the front is here jus ran out of time to do it before rego so Im spending the cash on an xbox 360 and TV for it

Number plates

RYD4LF

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
I'll post pictures of my mini truck tomorrow

Dual cab hilux 1996 model
18 x 8 bsa limited wheels.
shaved everything
chrome front end
$1200 sony headunit
kicker splits in the front,
alpine type S 6x9's in rear powered by a pioneer 120 watt rms two way amp
2 kicker 12's in the back
840 rms Audiobahn amp for the subs, fan cooled.
bagged in the rear.
drop spindles in the front.
bag kit for the front is here jus ran out of time to do it before rego so Im spending the cash on an xbox 360 and TV for it

Number plates

RYD4LF
omgz like fully sik:rolleyes:

Bring on the plastic!

W2ttsy

Likes Dirt
Looks very nice, am a big fan. Nothing over the top or tacky plastic bits/chrome wheels. A guy at work has solid 20inch chrome wheels on his VP, looks sooo bad.

Any other future plans?
20" solid chrome? holy crap. i could count in days how long it will be before the steering rack shits itself.

im not a fan of kits, mainly because its not the real deal at the end of the day. if i want to drive a Clubsport, ill save up to buy one, not make my 6 banger look like one.

next on the list of things to possibly do is a 3:75 gear ratio change in the diff, then a shift kit to get rid of the long shift in second gear. might go extractors and rockers too, but they'll be low on the to do list as they arent going to do much more for the engine.
i was considering blowing it, but i think ill keep it N/A to stop insurance raping me hard.

W2ttsy

Robb

Likes Dirt
20" solid chrome? holy crap. i could count in days how long it will be before the steering rack shits itself.

im not a fan of kits, mainly because its not the real deal at the end of the day. if i want to drive a Clubsport, ill save up to buy one, not make my 6 banger look like one.

next on the list of things to possibly do is a 3:75 gear ratio change in the diff, then a shift kit to get rid of the long shift in second gear. might go extractors and rockers too, but they'll be low on the to do list as they arent going to do much more for the engine.
i was considering blowing it, but i think ill keep it N/A to stop insurance raping me hard.

W2ttsy
Well, not solid. But they aren't spoked rims, just a few small holes in them. They look terrible.
Fair enough about the bodykits, I tend to agree with you. My BMW has a kit on it, but its not an M3 wannabe or anything. Just nice subtle front and rear bars. Cant stand "Fevo's"
Was thinking of getting an AA supercharger kit for my car, but dont think i could be bothered to go through the hassles of it all. Would be cool to have something different like a supercharged BMW, but the associated costs do not out weight the benefits. Would be better of getting an E36 M3, or even putting the money toward an S4/E46 M3.
It would be the same case for you, better of just upgrading to an SV6, SS, or Clubby.

Robb

Likes Dirt
At what point does a dual cab ute turn into a truck? (albeit a mini truck)
Once you have shaved it, notched it, bagged it, and put 3 piece billet wheels on?
Oh, and painted it in house of kolor 2pac with chrome bumpers :)

Would love to see some pics of the mini tuck. These things are defect heaven, but some of them do look very smooth and well done.

six9man

Likes Dirt
dont worry about the plates, there gona lead you to a po box and incorrect address :)

my pride and joy, i worked hard for her and i look after everything and all costs these days. if you know somthing about cars and wheels, there asanti's btw ;)

BMW 318is - yep she's good on fuel
other mods - dont you worry there in there ;)

the car, everyone seems to like it, bit of bling a bit of class

before a formal last night, they look alright...

u like, any comments?

W2ttsy

Likes Dirt
It would be the same case for you, better of just upgrading to an SV6, SS, or Clubby.
an equivalent model (VY) SS is about $5k more than my car and a s/charger is about the same, not to mention intercooler and tuning afterwards. so it seems to be more economical to move to an 8.

after all my 6 + a s/charger would get it to stock 8 power. then its even more expensive to move past that. a stock 8 with a tiny bit of work would surpass the 10+k spent on a 6.

for now tho, im happy with the power its putting out. just wish i could loosen up the gear box abit. seems that its quite restrictive at the moment.

nice beemer. seems canberra has nice girls too. thankfully you have leather seats, so easy to er, um clean.. ;)

W2ttsy

Last edited:

Robb

Likes Dirt
dont worry about the plates, there gona lead you to a po box and incorrect address :)

my pride and joy, i worked hard for her and i look after everything and all costs these days. if you know somthing about cars and wheels, there asanti's btw ;)

BMW 318is - yep she's good on fuel
other mods - dont you worry there in there ;)

the car, everyone seems to like it, bit of bling a bit of class

before a formal last night, they look alright...

u like, any comments?

Nice wheels, and nice ladies.
Asanti's, lots of bling there :p
Reminds me of a 318is that is on syndicate forums... It has angel eyes though. After seeing your car, and the white 4 door posted earlier, the E36 is starting to grow on me, i just like the smoother lines of the E46..