Post your all mountain bike

goatman

Likes Dirt
I've been lurking/perusing these forums for a while. Definitely some nice bikes in this thread. Just thought I'd share my ride:

06 Specialized SX Trail
66 light RC2 (lowered to 150mm)
1x9 x9 rear, x7 shifter
Blackspire guide
Juicy 5s
Mavics on Spec hubs (tubeless)
Highroller 2.35s
weight: 17 kgs.... (doesn't feel that heavy on the trails..)

She ain't light, but is sure fun to ride!! Always loved the SX trail frame. When funds are available, probably shed some weight in the wheels.

Enjoy.
View attachment 271356
Nice Sx mate, I have had one for years but it is gathering dust at the moment, great bike for gnarly tracks, here's mine:

Attachments

Broken Bones89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Will be some nice 26" bikes going cheap now. You will love the Slayer. It is a killer of a bike :)
I had the option of an Altitude 750 650b , rode both and found the Slayer even though it's the burlier bike to climb a lot better that the Altitude. Hopefully I'll be taking her home tomorrow night.

Jaredp

Likes Dirt
How are the forks matt? pretty keen to try some out.

Nicho
I have them on my new spesh. They are good. They do need a few rides to bed in. On the first ride I struggled to tell the difference between the first two compression settings. Now three rides in they are starting to really supple up in the beggining part of the stroke. The clickers are actually useful (unlike the last two sets of TALAS forks I have owned) . I hope they get as good as my old sektors. That may sound strange but every review, and I agree, the 150mm solo air sektors are freakin good.

On the last ride I started hitting some rock gardens and a few flat land jumps and there is no harshness at all in the final end of the stroke. The harder you hit them the better they respond.

Although moonman, you be the man to ask here???? What are the two Fluoro orange blocks in the bag with the user manual. Are the travel spacers?

MB

Intense Australia
I have them on my new spesh. They are good. They do need a few rides to bed in. On the first ride I struggled to tell the difference between the first two compression settings. Now three rides in they are starting to really supple up in the beggining part of the stroke. The clickers are actually useful (unlike the last two sets of TALAS forks I have owned) . I hope they get as good as my old sektors. That may sound strange but every review, and I agree, the 150mm solo air sektors are freakin good.

On the last ride I started hitting some rock gardens and a few flat land jumps and there is no harshness at all in the final end of the stroke. The harder you hit them the better they respond.

Although moonman, you be the man to ask here???? What are the two Fluoro orange blocks in the bag with the user manual. Are the travel spacers?
Those red threaded blocks are called "bottomless tokens" and are for making the fork more progressive. The fork is designed to be as linear as possible out of the box and rockshox definitely achieved that. I've spoken to a few riders about it and most agree it is linear, but most just choose to run the fork in trail mode. This is a bad way of tuning the forks considering you can make the air spring progressive very easily.
I run one in mine after finding the fork blew through its travel very easily. I started on 25% sag and no tokens but now run 1 token and 22% sag and the fork is brilliant. All you need to do to change the token is unscrew the air top cap with a good quality 24mm socket and screw the token into the top cap, bang it back together and you're good to go. Awesome system.

Nicho, the answer to your question is this: get some as soon as you can!! Great damping, better than the opposition by a long shot and 200 grams lighter! Stiff as you could want too. I'm very happy with this fork, and can't wait to see this damper in another rockshox fork in 2014. It's very well made too, internally as well so big improvements there.

Jaredp

Likes Dirt
Those red threaded blocks are called "bottomless tokens" and are for making the fork more progressive. The fork is designed to be as linear as possible out of the box and rockshox definitely achieved that. I've spoken to a few riders about it and most agree it is linear, but most just choose to run the fork in trail mode. This is a bad way of tuning the forks considering you can make the air spring progressive very easily.
I run one in mine after finding the fork blew through its travel very easily. I started on 25% sag and no tokens but now run 1 token and 22% sag and the fork is brilliant. All you need to do to change the token is unscrew the air top cap with a good quality 24mm socket and screw the token into the top cap, bang it back together and you're good to go. Awesome system.

Nicho, the answer to your question is this: get some as soon as you can!! Great damping, better than the opposition by a long shot and 200 grams lighter! Stiff as you could want too. I'm very happy with this fork, and can't wait to see this damper in another rockshox fork in 2014. It's very well made too, internally as well so big improvements there.
Well said... I will try that this weekend.