Post your all mountain bike

mr636

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Orbea looks sick, but i swear that bike falls into a no-mans land in Australia. Too much travel and slack angles for trail shredding, and not enough bike for our blown out rut fest DH tracks. Yes it would be fun on some smoother free-ride trails, but i dont agree that these bikes are right for DH tracks.
Jack of all trades, master of none.... unless you live in Europe and get to ride propper mountains

demodv8

Likes Dirt
But that's two bikes I only want one if it pedals up and you can smash it down that's what I want, I have a Ralon now and love it so if this is an improved version bring it on

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ill stick with my setup- trail bike for trails DH bike for DH tracks.
I'll stick with my setup - my bike does anything and everything, the only limitation is me.

So many people say, 'you're not going to take that bike down that trail are you', and answer 100% of the time is, if a hardtail can do it, my bike can. DH bikes are better suited to insanely rough tracks if you want to go as fast as you can, I'm not a racer, nor do I give a shit about going mach 10, I'm out for a good time, flow and go.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Here's my 27.5 Carbine.
It's got X01 on it at the moment, TWE carbon wheels, carbon bars and Fox 34's. I'm still playing with the setup, just struggling to feel comfortable dragging it up hills.
It's really nicely put together, but the cable routing is a joke so I've changed the rear mech to run under the top tube, which is ugly but has less bends in the cable outer. Can't wait for the replacement Pike's to arrive for Xmas.....
photo-1.jpg

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks so good! I know its personal preference but that stem length/rise does make it look a bit odd though.
I wanna try a shorter stem and getting rid of 1-2 spacers, see how it feels, if it feels better, I'll keep it, if not.. bye bye.

CRC have Truvativ AM Stems for 28$ down from 80 odd, might get one of those in 60/70mm.

I'm not fussed at all how it looks, it's about performance.

MrZ32

Likes Dirt
This is my new toy, picked her up on Monday, first real ride today, makes me want to do bad things.....
Gotta love those pull shocks (other than the servicing costs)... Enjoy mate... nice bike. It was one of the bikes I was looking at before getting the jekyll.

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I wanna try a shorter stem and getting rid of 1-2 spacers, see how it feels, if it feels better, I'll keep it, if not.. bye bye.

CRC have Truvativ AM Stems for 28$ down from 80 odd, might get one of those in 60/70mm.

I'm not fussed at all how it looks, it's about performance.
It will perform better with lower stack height and shorter stem. Steering will be much snappier and bike will feel more connected to the trail. Trial and error is the best way to find the sweet spot however..

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It will perform better with lower stack height and shorter stem. Steering will be much snappier and bike will feel more connected to the trail. Trial and error is the best way to find the sweet spot however..
It's all about body position, lowering the stem will push me forward and over the front more, not something I want really, but I'm game to give it a try before I completely write it off.

I'm trying to find a 70% downhill and 30% uphill balance with this bike. I'd rather have it geared way more toward downhills and then slug it up the hill, than have it geared towards easy climbs and be sacrificing anything in the downhills.

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's all about body position, lowering the stem will push me forward and over the front more, not something I want really, but I'm game to give it a try before I completely write it off.

I'm trying to find a 70% downhill and 30% uphill balance with this bike. I'd rather have it geared way more toward downhills and then slug it up the hill, than have it geared towards easy climbs and be sacrificing anything in the downhills.
My riding preference is exactly like yours. I only go up, to go down. Short stem, lower stack height for the win...

cressa

Likes Dirt

I'd say 90% of the people posting in this thread are looking for about a 70/30 balance and I would wager that the majority of them will tell you to shorten that stem up for a better feeling and handling bike for going down. I run a 60mm at the moment (up from 50mm) and would not go any longer.

If you can grab that one off CRC cheap I can almost guarantee you will not be disappointed. Then you can play with the stack height easily from there.

And also, nice bike!

SuchisLife

Likes Dirt
Gotta love those pull shocks (other than the servicing costs)... Enjoy mate... nice bike. It was one of the bikes I was looking at before getting the jekyll.
Seems to work very nicely indeed, although my first ride I had the pressure set for a 50kg rider and wondered why I kept smashing my pedals, I'm 95kg. Now at the right psi the bike is awesome!!!

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My riding preference is exactly like yours. I only go up, to go down. Short stem, lower stack height for the win...
I'd say 90% of the people posting in this thread are looking for about a 70/30 balance and I would wager that the majority of them will tell you to shorten that stem up for a better feeling and handling bike for going down. I run a 60mm at the moment (up from 50mm) and would not go any longer.

If you can grab that one off CRC cheap I can almost guarantee you will not be disappointed. Then you can play with the stack height easily from there.

And also, nice bike!
Yeah, I'll give it a go. My old man has the Truvativ stem in 70mm on his bike, so I may give that a whirl.