Post your all mountain bike

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
what's the deal with the rotors, the coloured bits look like they are just for wank as opposed to anything else?
In my case........nailed it!!! Although apparently they are like the shimano Ice tech RT99 rotors. The coloured bits are "cooling fins" to dissipate heat, only on these they are coloured on the Shimano they are not. They even have a video to show you it works so it can't be wank! :whistle:

[video=youtube;-EBpPE6O5cE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EBpPE6O5cE[/video]

mitchy_

Llama calmer
In my case........nailed it!!! Although apparently they are like the shimano Ice tech RT99 rotors. The coloured bits are "cooling fins" to dissipate heat, only on these they are coloured on the Shimano they are not. They even have a video to show you it works so it can't be wank! :whistle:
haha, fair enough.

i figured that was their intended purpose, however the painted finish would reduce the cooling? i guess the extra metal mass will help dissipate heat.

jellylegs

Banned
Out with the old Specialized, and in with the new Norco Sight. It's a big change and I'm loving the Pike fork. Just put some bands in the Monarch and got tokens coming, along with some ODI grips. Already converted to tubeless with Stans, and got a enduro clamp coming for the Reverb. I'm sure there will be a lot more mods to come as I sort it to suit me.

2 bikes.jpg
my bike.jpg
Norco-Sight-A7_1-2.jpg
killer B.jpg

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Out with the old Specialized, and in with the new Norco Sight. It's a big change and I'm loving the Pike fork. Just put some bands in the Monarch and got tokens coming, along with some ODI grips. Already converted to tubeless with Stans, and got a enduro clamp coming for the Reverb. I'm sure there will be a lot more mods to come as I sort it to suit me.
I like the green! Nice bike man!

geoz

Likes Bikes
Looks like Hopes. I just installed a set on my new (to me) Nomad. The new wheels should arrive tomorrow. Then off to Thredbo on Thursday. Can't wait.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Looks like Hopes. I just installed a set on my new (to me) Nomad. The new wheels should arrive tomorrow. Then off to Thredbo on Thursday. Can't wait.
Guess I'll be keeping an eye out for a Nomad with Hope brakes at Thredbo over the Easter weekend? :)

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Cool. What bike will you be on?
Green and black Morewood. Only one in existence. ;)
I'll be there with a few other ridebros from around here (Ideate/MrLinderman/pmrider).

First time going so I'll be trying to take it easy to make sure I last both Fri and Sat, haha.

geoz

Likes Bikes
I will be mostly on the Flow trail on the pink and magenta Nomad :). I will have also have my 16yo niece with me trying to show her how to ride the trails and I'll make sure we will get out of everyone's way quickly.