Post your all mountain bike

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Banshee Rune

Finshed building this tonight. Frothing for a ride tomorrow!

2011 Banshee rune w/ DHX Air
2011 Fox 36 Van FIT RC2
Hope pro 2 evo / ztr flow
Hope saw rotor (180f, 160r)
2012 xt group (2x10)
2012 xt brakes
Answer pro taper AM bars
Answer rove pedals
Thomson elite x4 stem (50mm)

Attachments

Ben-e

Captain Critter!
Custom Trek Fuel EX8

Hey guys,

Here is my AM bike, im totally stoked on it! Waiting for xt 2x10 specific cranks and adjustable seatpost. Built-up with new Fox Float RLC's, New Hope's with Mavic 521's, XT everything. Also upgrading stem and bars.

Trek_FuelEX8_I.jpg
Trek_FuelEX8_II.jpg

I reckon its easily the most capable AM bike I have ever ridden, has no right to handle that well!

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Finished the frame build a couple of weeks ago but haven't had a chance to shorten the Reverb hose until this morning. The trails are still too wet for me so I took a couple of quick shots down the back though the lighting was awful.

Pretty much an XT build with Saint front caliper, Hope floating discs, Crossmax STs and XTR trail pedals with one clip removed and the two shift mod for the rear shifter. Happy with the Ardents running tubeless and lower pressure at the front than I ran with tubes. 'Tis abominable!

guitar1234

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,

Here is my AM bike, im totally stoked on it! Waiting for xt 2x10 specific cranks and adjustable seatpost. Built-up with new Fox Float RLC's, New Hope's with Mavic 521's, XT everything. Also upgrading stem and bars.

View attachment 227169
View attachment 227170

I reckon its easily the most capable AM bike I have ever ridden, has no right to handle that well!
More of a XC/Trail bike, but still fairly pimp, should put an angleset in her :fat:

Mr Kurt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This is my AM bike. I bought the frame only recently and built it up from there. I primarily ride DH, but the DH trails are far away and im only 16 so can't drive myself. So saved up my money for a couple months and bought this beast to ride to the DH tracks and on them! So far handles everything i can throw at it, however on the last ride it developed a nasty creak in the headset, i think it may need a new one. Also trying to figure out chain tension on it atm, it is way to tight and wont go into first without pulling the derailluer into the cassette. anyways enough talking, i know its no Remedy or Blur, but its good enough for me !

Main

2008 Giant Reign (Small size ...... very ... very small)
Fork: X-Fusion Vengance HLR, 160mm air
Shock: Fox DHX 4 air

Cockpit and Controls

Brakes: Avid Elixer R with Nukeproof DH pads. Might think about selling these for some XT's
Rotors: Avid G3 7 inch
Stem: Truvative Holzeffeller
handlbars: Reverse DH 700mm
Pedals: DMR V8/shimano clip ins when i can borrow someones shoes to see if i like em
Steapost: Some giant thing of an STP
Saddle: Chromag Lynx DT

Wheels

Rims: Mavic 721
Hubs: Hope Pro 2 Evo (Gold)
Spokes: DT Swiss Champion
Tubes: Maxxis Welter weight
Tyres: ATM there Minnion (F) and High Roller (R). Soon i hope to have a 2.1 Ardent front and rear

Drivetrain

Derailluer/ Shifter: Sram XO, short
Crankset: Shimano SLX
Chainring: Blackspire DH 32t
Chain Guide: E-thirteen LG1
Chain: KMC
Cassette: Some Sram thing PGsomething

YES! It does now have a front brake

DSCF1874.jpgDSCF1873.jpg

Last edited:

Ben-e

Captain Critter!
More of a XC/Trail bike, but still fairly pimp, should put an angleset in her :fat:
Thanks mate. Yer I suppose that this is the bike I use for all mountain riding. Ive had loads of 'am' bikes; Giant Reign, Spec Enduro (x4), Intense SS etc, and the Trek Fuel, with its 120mm of travel is by far the most well-rounded machine of them all, it descends brilliantly! For sure the SS is the best descender, but the suspension on the Trek is bottomless, geometry is perfect. Its by no means a drop machine, but I do plenty of jumps on it etc.

ChopSticks

Banned
Carbon Reign 1

How she looks Now:

Before:

After:

Giant Reign 1 2009

Frame: Giant Reign 1 (large) charcoal black, Unique carbon wrap
Fork: RockShox Pike 454 with poploc
Rear Shock: Fox RP2
Grip: Generic Red Lock-on
Stem: Easton EA 70 110mm
Handlebar: FSA FR331
Cables: Jagwire
Brakes: Avid Elixir CR carbon
Shifter: SRAM x0
Front mech: Shimano XT m770
Rear mech: SRAM x0 9spd
Cassette: SRAM PG990 redwin
Chain: PC-991
Seat post: Thomson elite layback 30.9
Seat: WTB Rocket V titanium
Crank: Truvativ Fire X
Pedals: DMR V8
Wheels: XT hubs laced to Mavic XM317 with centre lock adaptors
Tyres: Kenda SB8 2.1 rear & Maxxis Ignitor Exo 2.35 front
Tubes: Stans no tubes & sealant

Weight: 13.45 kgs

Fresh carbon wrap:

Before:

After:

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Whats the go here ^^^^^

Is the carbon wrap an adhesive film that gets put on to mimic carbon?? Looks like a tidy job if that's the case.

Minlak

custom titis
Whats the go here ^^^^^

Is the carbon wrap an adhesive film that gets put on to mimic carbon?? Looks like a tidy job if that's the case.
[video=youtube;IEQiQhm6n4g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEQiQhm6n4g[/video]

The 3m stuff is the best IMHO

With carefulness you get the joins to be on a side no body sees much and with the heat of the hair dryer or the heat gun you can get an awesome join but makes a mess of your fingers so much effort

I am amazed at how well the bike came out i wanted to do this for ages but was worried about the joins and have stuck to bits and pieces on the car so far.

Awesome work on the bike.

3m dinoc

3m make some pretty sweet colours in the carbon fibre, brushed aluminum. check out hexis there Ferrari red Carbon, croc skin and fish scales.

finksta

Likes Dirt
Updated pics now with new bling

334.jpgI've been riding the yeti for about 8 months now, still love it like an only child! Anyway, smashed a rim on the weekend went into my LBS to see what my options were and got a ridiculously good deal on these. Also added a KS dropzone post.
333.jpg338.jpg339.jpg337.jpg

finksta

Likes Dirt
I got them for $530, they're usually over $1000. My LBS looks after me, they were ordered in for someone else who has 142mm rear axle and couldn't use them. I wasn't sure about the colour but couldn't knock them back at that price. I think they look pretty damn good now they're on.

ChopSticks

Banned
I got them for $530, they're usually over $1000. My LBS looks after me, they were ordered in for someone else who has 142mm rear axle and couldn't use them. I wasn't sure about the colour but couldn't knock them back at that price. I think they look pretty damn good now they're on.
tell me when you get sick of them....ill grab them off you!!!!!! :D
will go nicely with my bike hehehe

katej

Squid
I love this thread....

Keeps me entertained for hours checking out your bikes and dreaming about all the future things I can buy

Keep it up!