Post your all mountain bike

MrZ32

Likes Dirt
It's not a jekyll but I think it turned out Ok for my old man's 50th

I guess all that money that he has spent on me over the years should start paying off. We pick it up from ftr this morning. ..I took his Norco phaser 3 in saying it needed a service and this is what he gets back

lindz1817

Likes Dirt

I guess all that money that he has spent on me over the years should start paying off. We pick it up from ftr this morning. ..I took his Norco phaser 3 in saying it needed a service and this is what he gets back
That's awesome. I like the way your doing it too (by taking his old bike for a 'service'). Hope he enjoys it.

Wiffle

Likes Dirt

Nice work MrZ32; I'm sure he'll love it, and it's great that you're acknowledging all that he's given you by giving a bit back. That's going to be one stoked dad! :)

waldog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My new steed.

After tearing my ACL for the third time back in April, i've had some enforced time off the bike. During that time I reconsidered my current bike line up, and decided that I didn't need/want my downhill bike anymore. So I got rid of it, which also has the benefit of reducing risk of future injury, slightly..... Anyway, I got to thinking even more and came to conclusion that it was time to replace/upgrade my trusty Trance X.

So here it is, my new Dixon.

Only had one short ride, still in rehab mode for the knee, but will get out again tomorrow. Pretty impressed so far.

Cheers.

MrZ32

Likes Dirt
Nice work MrZ32; I'm sure he'll love it, and it's great that you're acknowledging all that he's given you by giving a bit back. That's going to be one stoked dad! :)
They wheeled out the pivot, his first words were "I think you've got the wrong bike" and my reply. .. "happy birthday dad, this is your new bike"... He was completely speachless. .. was hilarious and awesome at the same time.

On the way home we went for a ride at gap creek to try the new toy out. .. He loves it so much more than his Norco phaser 3... couldn't wipe the big grin of his face.

Oh and those pivot's climb like a mofo, so efficient it is unbelievable but didn't get a long enough go to see how it handles... but he is one spite stoked (but deserving) dad!

Thanks For The Riders, especially Tim for helping me arrange the surprise and playing along with it all.

Last edited:
My 2012 Avanti Torrent, bought it new this year and sold all the factory crap on it.

Now rocking a vivid R2C and 55 RC3Ti, stans flow on hope hubs, full XT drivetrain/brakes with XTR shifter and mech

torrent.jpg

sonicusx

Likes Dirt
Intense Spider2

140mm Front, 5.X inch rear, Crank bro Cobalt 3 wheels, nobinic tires-No tube conversioned, DNM adj seat post.

CAM00316.jpgCAM00322.jpgCAM00324.jpg

Last edited:

digitalhippie

Likes Dirt
They wheeled out the pivot, his first words were "I think you've got the wrong bike" and my reply. .. "happy birthday dad, this is your new bike"... He was completely speachless. .. was hilarious and awesome at the same time.

On the way home we went for a ride at gap creek to try the new toy out. .. He loves it so much more than his Norco phaser 3... couldn't wipe the big grin of his face.

Oh and those pivot's climb like a mofo, so efficient it is unbelievable but didn't get a long enough go to see how it handles... but he is one spite stoked (but deserving) dad!

Thanks For The Riders, especially Tim for helping me arrange the surprise and playing along with it all.

good on ya mate, that is a great story and an awesome thing to do for your old man.

slyfox

Likes Bikes
Nice Dixon mate.. cool upgrades too..

After tearing my ACL for the third time back in April, i've had some enforced time off the bike. During that time I reconsidered my current bike line up, and decided that I didn't need/want my downhill bike anymore. So I got rid of it, which also has the benefit of reducing risk of future injury, slightly..... Anyway, I got to thinking even more and came to conclusion that it was time to replace/upgrade my trusty Trance X.

Only had one short ride, still in rehab mode for the knee, but will get out again tomorrow. Pretty impressed so far.

Cheers.

waldog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice Dixon mate.. cool upgrades too..
Cheers mate.

I did a bit of transplanting from my trance and some new additions.

Next will be X9 drivetrain, noticing stepping down to X7 after running X9 for years, no rush though. Then maybe a 160mm fork and upgrade the rear shock.

lindz1817

Likes Dirt
Thought i'd post an update of my meta 55. Here are the changes since i last posted it.
-Sram rise 40 wheelset replaced with hope pro 2 evo hubs on stans flow ex rims (cos i'm too much of a fatty for the rise 40's)
-Avid 5 brakes replaced with hope V2's and hope floating rotors
-Standard seatpost replaced with KS dropzone
-2x10 drivetrain replaced with 32T wolftooth ring a clutch rear derailleur

20130801_110137_zpsb833c1db.jpg

lindz1817

Likes Dirt
Is yours a large frame? Shock mount is different to mine!
Yeah, mines a large. And 2011. I thought the 2010 and '11 were the same frame, but maybe there are some little differences. I saw your frame in the for sale section by the way. WTF!? I thought you were cool.

pylet_tibs

Likes Bikes

Cheers.
3rd ACL!? Ouch mate. I feel one/third your pain. What graft did you use?

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Yeah, mines a large. And 2011. I thought the 2010 and '11 were the same frame, but maybe there are some little differences. I saw your frame in the for sale section by the way. WTF!? I thought you were cool.
I think it's the size. I've seen one with the same mount as mine, but in your colours.

Haha, just testing the waters. Think I found a way to get some more travel out of it so a powder coat and it will be like new.