Post your all mountain bike

waldog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
3rd ACL!? Ouch mate. I feel one/third your pain. What graft did you use?
Yep, ouch indeed.

No repair this time. Don't play any dynamic/pivoting sports anymore, so just managing it conservatively.

I got back to work two months after this injury and have had two rides on the dirt now. It's a slow process.

In the past I've had a hamstring and a patella graft. Patella went the best..... Well, for ten years anyway.

lindz1817

Likes Dirt
I think it's the size. I've seen one with the same mount as mine, but in your colours.

Haha, just testing the waters. Think I found a way to get some more travel out of it so a powder coat and it will be like new.
Are you sticking with the green and white theme?

pylet_tibs

Likes Bikes
Yep, ouch indeed.

No repair this time. Don't play any dynamic/pivoting sports anymore, so just managing it conservatively.

I got back to work two months after this injury and have had two rides on the dirt now. It's a slow process.

In the past I've had a hamstring and a patella graft. Patella went the best..... Well, for ten years anyway.

Any meniscal damage? For what reasons do you think the patella is the best? It definitely is a slow process, a conservative route I have not come across. Usually the patients I see who have had multiple ACL tears opt for the LARS, although quick to recover its long term use as a synthetic ligament is questionable.

callum1

Likes Dirt
Hey so don't really post much but this is my new AM bike

Transition Covert
Fox float 160mm
Fox DHX air
Chris King hubs on Stans Flow Ex on Continental Mountain Kings tubeless
Full XO mech, cranks and trail brakes
Chris King headset and BB
Answer pro carbon AM bar
E13 chain guide

Best bike I have ever riden. :p

a fair trawl for a joke but: you bought a lemon mate :pound:

callum1

Likes Dirt
Cheers mate.

I did a bit of transplanting from my trance and some new additions.

Next will be X9 drivetrain, noticing stepping down to X7 after running X9 for years, no rush though. Then maybe a 160mm fork and upgrade the rear shock.
what seat is that? i really like the plaid.

waldog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
what seat is that? i really like the plaid.
It's a Gusset saddle.

They come in a few different designs and rail specs. If you look around the web you can find them. I bought mine when I was living in Scotland.

Pretty comfy, and not too heavy.

Google "Gusset Tartan Saddle", you may have some luck, but they're pretty scarce these days.

Grant.

MrZ32

Likes Dirt
Pikes fitted.

Completely in love with this thing. .. How is the pinion setup? How does it climb, corner and descend? Have you had any issues with the nicolai? Your bike is pretty much what I'm after next year after the jekyll.

Gotta love the pike's, loving them on the jekyll.

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Completely in love with this thing. .. How is the pinion setup? How does it climb, corner and descend? Have you had any issues with the nicolai? Your bike is pretty much what I'm after next year after the jekyll.

Gotta love the pike's, loving them on the jekyll.
The Pinion works great. It has taken me a little bit to get used to but I'm very happy with it. The bike itself rides very well and I haven't had any issues since getting the decals on. I built it up to replace the Pivot Firebird and it does everything as well or better, but climbing takes a more concentrated effort to stay over the front and keep it down on steeper pinches. I have been putting that down to the RS Revelation fork riding a bit higher in it's travel that I'd like.

Oooohhh, Grant, that is looking lovely, would be a weapon at Kentlyn and Appin!
I haven't ridden Appin since November last year when it was announced as closed. :( I'll have to get it out to Kentlyn for a go soon. It should be better than the Liteville out there!

Last edited:

MrZ32

Likes Dirt
When you say that it doesn't climb as well, do you mean pedal efficiency wise or just the front wanting to wander?

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
When you say that it doesn't climb as well, do you mean pedal efficiency wise or just the front wanting to wander?
Just a bit of front end wander. I should have also mentioned the shorter stem combined with the forks. I ran a 70mm stem on the Firebird where I'm using a 50mm stem on the Nicolai. It's fine as long as I shift a bit further forward, but something I didn't have to think about on the Firebird. It won't take long to adjust. :)

MrZ32

Likes Dirt
Just a bit of front end wander. I should have also mentioned the shorter stem combined with the forks. I ran a 70mm stem on the Firebird where I'm using a 50mm stem on the Nicolai. It's fine as long as I shift a bit further forward, but something I didn't have to think about on the Firebird. It won't take long to adjust. :)
Are you running an angled head set?

jt_

Squid
My Zesty 314
  • (Temporary stem)
  • ODI SDG Grips
  • KS Lev integra seat post
  • Shimano XT brakes

Very happy so far
lapierre 314samll.jpg

MrZ32

Likes Dirt
Nice bike. ..Iv got a bit of a soft spot for lappiere bikes. . Always look great too.

What is wrong with the stem though. .. looks good to me