Post your all mountain bike

WillR

Likes Dirt
Here are more detailed pics: it's 3.5mm thick on the edge, felt fairly flimsy off the spider, but quite stiff when it is mounted. I have a 32T chainring pictured, I imagine you could protect 34T or 36T (maybe with a bit less machined off) This as about as small as we felt comfortable making it (there are some big cut outs on the bits that sit between the spider arms) and machining more off wouldn't have left much material there.

Attachments

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I used a friends Mucky Nutz one as a template, the binder folder plastic isn't very durable, so they don't last that long. I'm going to make one from a plastic milk bottle next and see how that goes.

Good old milk bottle. I used one to make a vertical mud deflector to go between the rear wheel and the front derailleur.

A mate has a marsh guard/ muckynutz fender, but is only down the road in Townsville, a short 300klm + drive away.. I will look around the MTBs I see on the trails.. If you do have a template that could be scanned, or already is in your computer, it would be sweet. I can pm you my email address if you have something ready to go. If not, dont worry...

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A quick update. Bike is more complete now with the addition of the KS LEV. Always room for improvement but I love this bike! It's a genuine AM bike, I ride big ass XC hills, Shred the down sections and do DH shuttles all with the one setup. I'll be chucking a burlier set of tyres on it and heading to Queenstown in January. Can't wait!

Weight: 12.75kg
Spec:
'09 Medium Nomad Green Anodized
Fox Talas 160
Fulcrum Red Metal 1 XL
Schwalbe's
Formula The One's
Answer Protaper Carbon
Thomson stem,
XTR Cranks/Derailer

22.jpg

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A quick update. Bike is more complete now with the addition of the KS LEV. Always room for improvement but I love this bike! It's a genuine AM bike, I ride big ass XC hills, Shred the down sections and do DH shuttles all with the one setup. I'll be chucking a burlier set of tyres on it and heading to Queenstown in January. Can't wait!

Spec:
Fox Talas 160
Fulcrum Red Metal 1 XL
Schwalbe's
Formula The One's
Answer Protaper Carbon
Thomson stem,
XTR Cranks/Derailer

View attachment 279276
Love it!

10char

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
So good. You'll have a great time in QT. I was there last year and my Nomad was the perfect bike. From gondola runs in the bike park and shuttles on Zoot and Remarks, to hitting kickers on Wynyards and in Sticky Forest (Wanaka) and cutting laps of 7 Mile and Deans Bank (wanaka), it loved every minute.

Spec:
Fox Talas 160
Fulcrum Red Metal 1 XL
Schwalbe's
Formula The One's
Answer Protaper Carbon
Thomson stem,
XTR Cranks/Derailer

View attachment 279276
Giddy up !!!

Now tits have been deemed to be bad I may resort to this !!!

MrZ32

Likes Dirt

well i took the old X-vert carbons off (dont want to damage them) and dropped on some nice 888 evo V2's for some functionality.

sort of all mountain in this guise... albeilt a heavy one... will drop the seat height and try some DH runs on it this weekend.

After christmas, the triples and lowers will be painted and decal-led to suit the rest of the bike... i might chuck in an angleset to rake it out a bit more too. But all i can say is that i love how it rides.

abaser666

Likes Bikes
Agressive end of AM

I thought id contribute to this thread since its my favourite. been watching this one from page 1.

20131214_170806.jpg

09 Spec enduro SL Carbon - 'proper' all mountain. Its a bit boring...
08 Giant Glory 8 expert - 'just coz its funny' all mountain. Get a long seatpost and spd pedals and the whole mountain is yours. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

Been stirring up the kids with my thread '8" all mountain - go you good thing.'

richierich

Likes Bikes
Intense Carbine 650B

Well after my Tracer got stolen a month and a half ago I am finally back on the trails with this Carbine.
With a mix of Enve, X01 and XX1, Pikes and a DBAir it really is an absolute dream to ride.
Hope you guys like it :thumb:
carbine1.jpg