Post your all mountain bike

dasher.11

Likes Bikes
This is my sons 2013 Avanti Torrent ready for Xmas day tomorrow! Best thing is, he doesn't know about it!

Hopefully it won't be raining on Xmas day so we can go up & play around on Ourimbah downhill track.

Specs are:

Small size frame, 1 x 10, race face 30t N/W, Shimano Zee rear Der. XT shifter, Deore brakes, Mavic rims, Hans Dampf Evo tyres setup tubeless, Gold bling bits:) 12.6kg, a bit heavier than I would have liked but it's a lot lighter than his 24 inch hardtail.View attachment 280129
you sir just won father of the year

Bodin

GMBC
i put the dropper on the day after the picture, still trying to decide if the dropper is worth the weight.
I used to question it as well, but love it so much now that I don't even bother taking it off when I'm racing XC.

I'd rather lose 200-300 grams elsewhere, especially on a bike like the Banshee, which will come alive on the descents with 125mm less seatpost at the push of a conveniently-placed button.

swatto90

Likes Dirt
I used to question it as well, but love it so much now that I don't even bother taking it off when I'm racing XC.

I'd rather lose 200-300 grams elsewhere, especially on a bike like the Banshee, which will come alive on the descents with 125mm less seatpost at the push of a conveniently-placed button.
You sir know what it's all about @mittagongben listen to this guy. Like ive been telling you keep the dropper

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Being able to adjust the seat height on the run opens up so many more options on a ride, more options than are opened up to you by losing 300gm weight. That's the way I look at it.

My Stumpy

I have had my stumpy for a few weeks now and i can confidently say it is the funnest bike i have ever riden. It smashes berms and hucks off jumps just like my demo but also takes abuse when you throw it at it.

Completely stock other than:
  • works components narrow-wide chainring (red)
  • set up tubeless

stumpy resized.jpg

Future upgrades:
  • renthal fatbar lite
  • thompson 60mm stem

placebo

Likes Dirt
It's a Bionicon I think, the modern DCD. I wonder if someone will re-release the Bullet Brothers dropout mounted chain tensioner for people without clutched rear derailleurs.

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
it is a specialized product called, Wait for it.......the dangler.! :faint2: They are designed to fit neatly with the chainstay protector..

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Ah ok, was under the impression they stopped making them because they never really did much. Is the frame bb30 and you can't run a chain guide? It's got a clutched rear derailleur as well hasn't it?
Looks good in matte!

Ah ok, was under the impression they stopped making them because they never really did much. Is the frame bb30 and you can't run a chain guide? It's got a clutched rear derailleur as well hasn't it?
Looks good in matte!
The frame is BB30 and it has iscg mounts to run a chainguide. I love the matte black colour, looks nice and stealth haha.

Danny B

Likes Dirt
Ah ok, was under the impression they stopped making them because they never really did much.
I have a Bionicon "C-guide" on my LT hardtail. Its 2x9 unclutched without ISCG tabs. The guide is really good for stopping the chain bouncing off in the rough stuff. But I can't see the point if you're running a clutched RD. A top guide would no doubt be more useful.

The only downside of the C-guide - other than very slight drag - is that have to be more careful with front upshifting, especially in tacky sandy soil: chain suck + lower guide = chain jams :doh:.

DJR

Likes Dirt
View attachment 280199

Stoked on how this is turning out, buying a trail bike is the best decision I've ever made.
Peep PYR thread here:
http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?268691-Update-2014-Gaint-Trance-650b
Mate where did you get the 650b minion DHF 3C? I can't find them yet...

Bike looks great... should go take a piccie of my alloy trance 1 with a different bar (stock bars I found too wide coming from a 690mm bar bike), seat (WTB cos I like it) and tyres (highroller II front and ardent race rear)