Post your all mountain bike

duneblazer

Likes Bikes
My relatively new Giant trance 2 650b, bought in October.
Stock + Giant dropper, frame skin, ODI grips, seat clamp (on its way), MAXXIS ardent rear will replace the rear nobby nic soon due to wear.
Looking to upgrade brakes soon to some XT ICE techs
It's my first serious mtb really and I am loving it. Definitely enjoy descending more than climbing... but it's growing on me!

Pics inc.. My Giant and my partners Merida, the day it came home, and me being a twit in a recent race

996003_10152207165118508_93362660_n.jpg1044337_10152188561928508_1511998838_n (1).jpg1397634_598537140213911_1224829617_o.jpg

Silverstreak

Likes Bikes
My 2012 Trek Remedy 8.

I love this bike. Its ability far exceeds my own and it does everything from some light downhilling to riding the 13kms to work 1 or 2 days a week.

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just a repost.

The 2012 S Works Enduro is a great bike. Bit big travel wise for a general trail bike, but for the rough and tumble it is in its element.

105.jpg

Full XT drivetrain, Shifters, cranks, cassette, rear derailliuer, chain, except XTR front derailliuer.

XT Brakes 7 inch front, 6 inch rear rotors

Fox TALAS 160mm tapered fork Fox rear shock

Roval Alu rims. Tubeless.

Maxxis 3C front(heavy wire bead), Nobby Nic rear

KS dropper w/remote

ODI Rogue lock ons

About 13.8-14kg as is..

kl3ggy

Likes Dirt
My 2012 Trek Remedy 8.

I love this bike. Its ability far exceeds my own and it does everything from some light downhilling to riding the 13kms to work 1 or 2 days a week.
How do you find the lever as opposed to a remote for your dropper post? I love the simplicity look, but dunno if i could take one hand of the bars to drop/raise my seat.....

teK--

Eats Squid
My relatively new Giant trance 2 650b, bought in October.
Stock + Giant dropper, frame skin, ODI grips, seat clamp (on its way), MAXXIS ardent rear will replace the rear nobby nic soon due to wear.
Looking to upgrade brakes soon to some XT ICE techs
It's my first serious mtb really and I am loving it. Definitely enjoy descending more than climbing... but it's growing on me!

Pics inc.. My Giant and my partners Merida, the day it came home, and me being a twit in a recent race

Looks good IMHO the base level Trance has a great colour scheme and much better than the mid level spec and the entry level carbon versions.

As for the Ice Techs may I consider you look at the RT76 rotor (or the centrelock equivalent if u have shimano hubs). It has the alloy spider so stiff like the Icetechs, but don't warp as easily and are much easier to straighten if they do. Combined with ice tech pads I have found they are just as good as having icetech rotors as well.

Silverstreak

Likes Bikes
How do you find the lever as opposed to a remote for your dropper post? I love the simplicity look, but dunno if i could take one hand of the bars to drop/raise my seat.....
I've only had it for a few days but so far so good. It takes a bit of getting used to but I'm almost on top of it now. The only issue I have is e lever is a bit short for my liking.

I like it though. Coupled with the fact that it was half the price of the LEV made it a winner for me.

VEX33D

Likes Dirt
Remedy hat-trick!

I'm just here to make up numbers...

A hat trick of Trek Remedy's on the page. My 2014 650b/27.5" wheeled Remedy 9.8.

VEX33D

Likes Dirt
hot fuckin diggity.

No kashima on the forks, though?
Cheers Johnny, to say I'm happy with the purchase is an understatement.

Bit of a sore point regarding the forks, I'm at a loss as to Trek's reasoning with part specification. As the Remedy 9 (very similar spec'd Alloy framed version at $1200 cheaper) is fitted out with Fox 34 Factory Floats with Kashima coating, whilst the Remedy 9.8 is fitted with 34 'Performance Series' Floats, minus kashima coating! Dafuq?!

Well if were all going to post our Remedys may as well put mine up.

2014 Remedy 9 650b/27.5
Nice purchase, loving the Rhyme orange frame finish of the 9's!

Rabble bukes

Likes Dirt

Bit of a sore point regarding the forks, I'm at a loss as to Trek's reasoning with part specification. As the Remedy 9 (very similar spec'd Alloy framed version at $1200 cheaper) is fitted out with Fox 34 Factory Floats with Kashima coating, whilst the Remedy 9.8 is fitted with 34 'Performance Series' Floats, minus kashima coating! Dafuq?!

They did the same thing with the fuel 29ers. 9.8 carbon has the non kashimas, the cheaper 9 alloy has the kashimas. Guess that they wanted to keep the price down on the carbon frame models?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Yeah, I have the Rem 9 2013 (will post when my new rear tyre arrives) and it's got the glitzy Factories with Kashima, although they are 32s. Bit weird their top-line model doesn't have the top-line fit out. Still, bet it rides like a dream.

I noticed that with the fork spec on the carbon models while i was researching/drooling over them on the web. You'd think at that price range that if it were $300-$500 more again to have kashima forks that most people would pay the difference! Have to go to the 9.9 to get KC being a bunch more money again, and seemingly not available in Australia!

Yes i very much dig the orange.
It was amusing while I was shopping for it, I was trying so hard to convince my self the remedy 8 would be ok and that I'd save some money, one look at the 9 in orange and I knew that plan was out the window and there would be an orange bike coming home!

Jeffgre_6163

Likes Dirt
Just a repost.

The 2012 S Works Enduro is a great bike. Bit big travel wise for a general trail bike, but for the rough and tumble it is in its element.

looking at this photo and knowing the location I know for a fact that the view is much better if you turn 180 degrees ; )