Post your all mountain bike

JONO WADE

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I haven't had any trouble with it at all, and it doesn't feel flexy at all. I'm still trying to get used to just how well the bike plows through rougher high speed stuff. Keeps surprising me how well it'll just get through really rough stuff no worries at all, and hold speed out the other side.

Last edited:

RCOH

Eats Squid
I picked this up a couple of weeks ago - 2014 Stumpy EVO 26" - 1st dually since 2005, been riding singlespeed XC hardtails exclusively but getting back into more tech trail riding. It is pretty fun to ride.

F-Bomb

Likes Bikes
I picked this up a couple of weeks ago - 2014 Stumpy EVO 26" - 1st dually since 2005, been riding singlespeed XC hardtails exclusively but getting back into more tech trail riding. It is pretty fun to ride.

The only possible improvement on this black steed is a large goat skull attached to the stem :rockon:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member

Niiiice, love that splash of red on the rims too.

We're doing the same transition, I've only ridden SS rigids since 2006 as well and have been on my Remedy since November. The most difficult transition for me was riding all the same trails with a much higher center of gravity than on my Cannondale Chase. I constantly felt like I was going OTB. You'll end up praying to your dropper post like it's a god. Reckon you should go 1/10 on the drive train as well. I haven't found a hill I can't get up whilst running 34/11-36, and I ride hills most others push up. I think doing so many years on SS places you well for not needing a granny ring. As for the large ring, I haven't ridden anything greater than Stromlo yet but i sure as hell didn't need gearing greater than 34/11 and wasn't even close to spinning out with that.

Not sure if that's a clutch mech you have but if so, get a N/W (No Skidmarks sells good kit cheap) to go with it and you can drop two rings and the front derailleur and selector. Drops a decent amount of weight and frees up the cockpit of a bit more clutter. Dropping the rings/gears and going tubeless allowed me around half a kilo, I reckon.

RCOH

Eats Squid
Niiiice, love that splash of red on the rims too.

We're doing the same transition, I've only ridden SS rigids since 2006 as well and have been on my Remedy since November. The most difficult transition for me was riding all the same trails with a much higher center of gravity than on my Cannondale Chase. I constantly felt like I was going OTB. You'll end up praying to your dropper post like it's a god. Reckon you should go 1/10 on the drive train as well. I haven't found a hill I can't get up whilst running 34/11-36, and I ride hills most others push up. I think doing so many years on SS places you well for not needing a granny ring. As for the large ring, I haven't ridden anything greater than Stromlo yet but i sure as hell didn't need gearing greater than 34/11 and wasn't even close to spinning out with that.

Not sure if that's a clutch mech you have but if so, get a N/W (No Skidmarks sells good kit cheap) to go with it and you can drop two rings and the front derailleur and selector. Drops a decent amount of weight and frees up the cockpit of a bit more clutter. Dropping the rings/gears and going tubeless allowed me around half a kilo, I reckon.
Plan is to go probably 32 at the front with the 11-36 at the back. It is a clutched derailleur (X9 type 2) so the N-W chainring will work nicely. The thing I most have to get used to is pedaling while the suspension compresses - I have had a few hita already, and getting the sag on the shock right. The autosag seems to run a bit soft, but that may be because I haven't used suspension in so long.

marc.r

Likes Dirt

looking at one of these. they look awesome. im worried about the bottom bracket height, coming from a single speeder how do you find pedal strikes etc?

omac

Likes Dirt
Zesty 727

I picked this up Friday night & had my first ride today (30k at Lystie)

Climbs like a champ, descends like a demon
Iv been riding a hardtail for so long that I kept thinking I got a flat lol

wavike

Likes Dirt

It that a standard fitting for the bottle cage, or have you bodged up something on the electronic/battery fittings. Always liked the Zesty, but a bottle holder is important sometimes.

Danny B

Likes Dirt

Shit dude. That looks the goods. Would ride!

omac

Likes Dirt
I got the standard model just so I could run a bottle cage, the Ei model didn't interest me & ooooooh yeah, there duel pos Pikes & they're the Ducks Nutz. Overall the whole bike is awesome. I haven't weigh it yet but Im guessing it would be in the low to mid 12s

Im also getting a Monarch rc3 shock soon & a MRP AMG guide is on its way, I know it doesn't need a guide but the price of the guide is cheaper than a new XO1 chainring.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
I got the standard model just so I could run a bottle cage, the Ei model didn't interest me & ooooooh yeah, there duel pos Pikes & they're the Ducks Nutz. Overall the whole bike is awesome. I haven't weigh it yet but Im guessing it would be in the low to mid 12s

Im also getting a Monarch rc3 shock soon & a MRP AMG guide is on its way, I know it doesn't need a guide but the price of the guide is cheaper than a new XO1 chainring.
ah pikes, good work. with that addition i cant think of much more needed for a fantastic do it all bike. maybe just some carbon wheels. ;)

if you're worried about the price of a replacement X01 chainring, look at wolftooth direct mount rings. they are cheaper and will remove the X01 spider with it's proprietary BCD (if it's the smaller, 94BCD one)

for GXP - http://www.wolftoothcycling.com/products/direct-mount-for-sram-gxp-cranks
or BB30 - http://www.wolftoothcycling.com/products/direct-mount-for-sram-bb30-cranks-1

castle

Squid
Recently moved from DH bikes and joined the AM life.
I've owned this for 6 months now and have loved every minute I've been on the thing.

2012 Transition Bandit Two9. Build spec is still pretty original at the moment, have added a Reverb dropper and some new grips, got some new goodies on the way also.

l.richards

Likes Bikes
Lapierre Spicy 516

Recently built this up and I'm really impressed... Climbs great and descends amazingly... Got it built up just in time for the Rollercoaster round at Ourimbah which it performed flawlessly...

SAM_0291.jpg1798334_10152002659673924_1416407507_n.jpg

:peace: