Post your all mountain bike

swmtbr

Likes Dirt
Canyon Spectral 7.0 EX

Finally taken delivery of this weapon. Nearly 5 months wait!

Initial ride shows how much of a pig my old Trance is. This thing feels so stable and has bulk traction in comparison. Pedals so much better too. Looking forward to getting back out soon!

Attachments

mitchy_

Llama calmer

Initial ride shows how much of a pig my old Trance is. This thing feels so stable and has bulk traction in comparison. Pedals so much better too. Looking forward to getting back out soon!
sweeeeeeet.

BT180

Max Pfaff

Hell yeah, that's awesome. So it took 5 months from order to delivery?!

Z

Zaf

See how long they take to get me mine. It was listed as in stock, so I'm expecting faster.

Sent from my Agora 4G Pro

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
See how long they take to get me mine. It was listed as in stock, so I'm expecting faster.

Stock was never the issue, they had problems with understaffing and logistics at their assembly plant. Apparently that's been addressed with their new plant, so you should see it arrive faster.

BT180

Max Pfaff

Sweet, you pulled the trigger! Which model did you end up ordering? My "in-stock' bike took a shade over 4 weeks, which wasn't too bad.

Z

Zaf

Pulled the trigger. Had to go the Fox suspension package with the Next SL's. The Race CF 9.0
Im going to steal the Saint brakes and handlebars off my Yeti and decommission that. I'll pull that down this week and start selling the parts to it. Frame will go to the pool room, wont sell that.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Pulled the trigger. Had to go the Fox suspension package with the Next SL's. The Race CF 9.0
Im going to steal the Saint brakes and handlebars off my Yeti and decommission that. I'll pull that down this week and start selling the parts to it. Frame will go to the pool room, wont sell that.

Good choice! I chose that over the CF8.0 mainly for the better wheelset and then the Fox stuff was just icing on the cake. The 36 is bloody epic.You're not a fan of the carbon bars?

You have given me an idea with my old bike. I'm meant to be selling that, but I might just spilt and chuck the frame up on the wall too!

Z

Zaf

I love carbon bars, I just love my SixC 800mm with the 35mm clamp (I know, total frother).

The Guide RSC's I've seen a few mates have issues with, love my Saints so they'll get swapped over. Thinking of possibly getting a Shimano Drivetrain for it as well, to keep things neat, but not wanting to molest the bank account too much more than I have already. But I'll see.

Oh, been meaning to ask. Do the wheels come set up as 20mm? And do you get bottom out tokens for the fork and shock in the package?

BT180

Max Pfaff
What issues? I don't feel like mine have a tonne of power. I really need to squeeze them hard down steep, technical terrain. And then my left lever pulsates.

Z

Zaf

Lever becomes sticky and doesn't retract. They are great feeling brakes, but so are my Saints, and I know them already, so on they go. No learning curve.

swmtbr

Likes Dirt
Hell yeah, that's awesome. So it took 5 months from order to delivery?!
Yeah pretty much. As said in a previous post they had factory and software problems. It was delayed twice from the original date. I spoke to Canyon Australia about it a few times but it was out of their hands. They did everything they could.
Saying that I'm really happy with the bike. The wait was worth it.

swmtbr

Likes Dirt

Took 5 days to get to rural WA from Germany! Pretty sure the local contractor fucked up and lost the box for a day too. I would say you will have yours very soon. What flavour did you order? Edit: oh I see a CF 9.0! Awesome!

Last edited:

swmtbr

Likes Dirt
I love carbon bars, I just love my SixC 800mm with the 35mm clamp (I know, total frother).

The Guide RSC's I've seen a few mates have issues with, love my Saints so they'll get swapped over. Thinking of possibly getting a Shimano Drivetrain for it as well, to keep things neat, but not wanting to molest the bank account too much more than I have already. But I'll see.

Oh, been meaning to ask. Do the wheels come set up as 20mm? And do you get bottom out tokens for the fork and shock in the package?
I wasn't too happy with the Guides at first but after bedding them in they feel better than my old XT's. I have heard of bleeding issues. What are you going to do with you RSC's?

Z

Zaf

Just speaking to a mate, apparantly the RSC's had an update that fixed the issue where they pack up and don't return, so it'll be a matter on finding out which revision they are.

The plan would likely to be to sell them. Also tempted to run my X01 cranks and Chris King BB. I need to buy a new chainguide and oval ring for it either way, but with the Stumpy's Sworks direct mount and the Honzo running GXP direct mount, I've got chainring mounting standards coming out of my ears already. Next SL is such a sexy crank though! And it's not like I switch between them anyway.

Anyone know how the race face BB's hold up? The Chris king has actually lived up to hype and just spins beautifully and fault free.

Sounds like I've got less time than i originally thought to make a decision as well.