Post your all mountain bike

Z

Zaf

Is that your shapeshifter on right hand above bar?
Also, you've still got the plastic protective sticky on the derailleur and chain suck guard.

Sent from my Agora 4G Pro

Ivan

Eats Squid
Quick photo before I cover it in muck.

Canyon service deserves a mention. The reverb hose barb broke during delivery; within about 2 hrs of reporting it a Canyon chap had driven a van from one end of Melbourne to another to pick up a replacement, then dropped it off to my front door. Massively appreciated effort to allow me to get riding this weekend.

That is such a fast, good looking bike mate. Congrats. I need to figure out a way of getting one past the minister for finance.

angrybadger

Likes Dirt
Is that your shapeshifter on right hand above bar?
Also, you've still got the plastic protective sticky on the derailleur and chain suck guard.

Yeah, still trying to find a place for the ss lever. I like the dropper on the left and they didn't work too well next to each other.

I also need to remember to shapeshift back to DH mode after climbs. Took my first run down cressys in uphill mode with the shock lever in the wrong place too. Still set a PR....

Awesome bike. Managed to bend my derailleur hanger within about 30 mins. Feeling invincible is different to being invincible apparently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Z

Zaf

Yeah, the spec hurts with the Shapeshifter. The Guide brakes and Reverb lever work seamlessly together, sharing a clamp, they have nice proximity to the grips, etc. If you run the shapeshifter in between the grip and the dropper, your thumb defaults to its lovely big paddle over the reverb button, if you mount it on the other side, you have to reach over the reverb to get at the shapeshifter,and if mounted too close, it hits the reverb.

I swapped my Thompson post with a mate for his Command Post IR, thinking I might buy a Triggy, get the dropper on the "under the grip" position. But for anyone reading, if you need a a good quality dropper post lever, hit up Canyon for a Shapeshifter lever spare, it's seriously well designed and would work admirably on a dropper! Even has neat routing.

Ill get a photo later of my setup.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Speaking of kinky frames, I think we have a winner:

peak_5_1024x1024.jpg

Stumbled across this monstrosity just now while helping a friend look at possibilities for a new bike.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Quick photo before I cover it in muck.
View attachment 330387

Canyon service deserves a mention. The reverb hose barb broke during delivery; within about 2 hrs of reporting it a Canyon chap had driven a van from one end of Melbourne to another to pick up a replacement, then dropped it off to my front door. Massively appreciated effort to allow me to get riding this weekend.
Nice! Have you changed tyres, or are they shipping with the combo you have now? Zaf's and mine came with the HRII Minion SS combo.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Thanks! It came like that. I'm fairly happy with the double HRII; I'm not a big fan of Minion SS's.
The SS is better than what I was expecting, however it's pretty ordinary scrambling up wet or damp rocks. I'm definitely keen to try something else. Probably will look at the Aggressor.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
The SS is better than what I was expecting, however it's pretty ordinary scrambling up wet or damp rocks. I'm definitely keen to try something else. Probably will look at the Aggressor.
If you like the minion side knobs; then go DHF up front, DHRII on the rear. I swapped my SS for a DHR when things got a bit wet, and I'm not sure I'd go back.

angrybadger

Likes Dirt
If you like the minion side knobs; then go DHF up front, DHRII on the rear. I swapped my SS for a DHR when things got a bit wet, and I'm not sure I'd go back.
Another vote for DHRII here - great tyre on the front or the back. If you like semi-slicks, I'd argue Specialized Slaughters are a better choice.

BT180

Max Pfaff
I'm quite happy with the HRII on the front, so will be either the DHRII or Aggressor on the rear I think. A few locals swear by the Aggressor.

SDA

Likes Dirt
How is the Aggressor on 30mm internal rims?

I noticed Ritchie Rude was running one with a 25mm internal rim on the rear, but then a 30mm internal rim on the front with a 2.5" DHF.