Post your All MTN/Funduro hardtail

PhillipJ

Likes Bikes
Yeah I'm just grinning ear to ear when I get on mine. All the trails that were getting a little dull on my full sus are suddenly like new :)

badtreefrog

Likes Bikes
Hey guys, long time reader, first time poster. I have just returned from 12 months overseas and staring at the parts pile that used to be my bikes and am in the process of planning a steel do-it-all dingle speed trailbike - fast on the street, climbs well and handles the downhills with some small drops and jumping.

I love hard tails, especially ones that can do anything the rider wants it to - my type of MTB! There are some really sweet bikes in this thread, would love a Cotic Soul but will see what the budget allows.

Thanks for the inspiration guys, I am looking forward to posting pics of the build when it comes! Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Ride There, Ride Hard, Ride Home.

badtreefrog

Likes Bikes
Nice whip rone!

I have only just discovered the dropper seat post since coming on RB (me and my cronies are still riding bikes out of the early 2000's) and I want one! I have ridiculously long legs for my height so have to have the seat up disproportionately high when climbing to save my legs. The dropper post is the answer for sure, will totally change the experience methinks.

sethro

Likes Bikes
Chromag Stylus

Still get this thing out when riding round south west vic. Chromag Stylus. Very confidence inspiring given it is a hardtail. not many things ive had to walk when on this bike. stylus 3.jpgstylus 4.jpg

loc81

Likes Dirt
Interested in a Hard Tail race catergory?

Hey folks,
Judging by the thread, the Rocky Trail Rollercoaster All Mountain series is well into being organised for next year and I'm trying to put a good word in for the possibility of a HT race category. I posted on there that even though I'm interested in racing one or preferably all the races, the time and money involved is hard to swallow when you are up against DH bikes and 160mm duallys etc. Even if I came last, I'd love to be last in my field of riders.
Would many of you have a crack at a few of these rounds if you were up against fellow HT riders?
There seems to be more and more of "us" around so if you want to throw in your 2c fire away here:

http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/sho...-Flow-2014-NSW-State-Series-and-Championships

A bit of input, whether it happens or not, never goes astray!
Cheers, Loc

omac

Likes Dirt
Hey folks,
Judging by the thread, the Rocky Trail Rollercoaster All Mountain series is well into being organized for next year and I'm trying to put a good word in for the possibility of a HT race category. I posted on there that even though I'm interested in racing one or preferably all the races, the time and money involved is hard to swallow when you are up against DH bikes and 160mm duallys etc. Even if I came last, I'd love to be last in my field of riders.
Would many of you have a crack at a few of these rounds if you were up against fellow HT riders?
There seems to be more and more of "us" around so if you want to throw in your 2c fire away here:

http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/sho...-Flow-2014-NSW-State-Series-and-Championships

A bit of input, whether it happens or not, never goes astray!
Cheers, Loc
I can completely see we're your coming from
I'v never competed (with a HT) in "All Mountain or Gravity Enduro" races for this very reason, even tho I have a DH back ground. I hope to buy a dually AM/trail bike & race but at my age (37) its just for the fun & fitness, even so, if there was a HT, class I'd be keen to have a go

Last edited:

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Go for it, the more riders the better as far as I'm concerned, but this year I saw a few HT guys. One of the elites was on one and damn if he wasn't fast.... Almost cheating ;)

Thought i better build a new hard tail to wake this thread up.
After building a Cotic soul, and lovin it (it was a small and i really need a medium) i thought i ought to get a Cotic that fits, so i grabbed this BFe in a medium.
Would have liked a soul but this was quite a bit cheaper and has iscg05 so figured a bit more versatile.
Got a chain guide on it's way and will shorten the rear brake hose, otherwise,apart from a bit of fine tuning she is good to go.
Nice looking build. Have a Bfe in large myself. Great bike.
Needs the longer forks to really shine I think. Currently got some 130's but dreaming of 160's.
Steel is real.

loc81

Likes Dirt
Ask and ye shall receive!
Looks like Martin is taking a punt on a HT category so I'm putting my money where my mouth is next year. Better get some protection!
Hope to see some of you guys at Ourimbah or one of the other rounds!!

My blog: www.justmytype81.wordpress.com
Stuff about stuff I like- bikes, music, food and laughs. Subscribe.

Rabble bukes

Likes Dirt
Every bike in this thread looks great! I like how they have that look of simplicity (compared to a dually) but still look like they'd rip any trail you rode em down.

Old Norco hardtail frames

Been building this up over the last month or so.

Unused 2008 Norco Bigfoot frame I found in the classifieds on here.

Race face Turbine crankset, also from on here.

RockShox Pike 454 U turn air 140mm forks from ebay

Hope Pro 2 Evo hubs with ZTR Flow rims

Stem and bars arent for this bike, but I have a black Straitline SSC stem along with a cane creek 110 headset again from the classifieds on the way.

Hangar turned up yesterday. Few more bits to collect up yet!

One of the best kept secrets in mountainbiking these frames are! I built up an 08 sasquatch to a similar spec to this and it feels so right i can't believe i don't see more of them out there! Nice specs fella, should be a cracker to ride!

skipz

Squid
http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af52/skip_2010/DSC_0503.jpg

Just finished my 456, was 2 years in the build! (being lazy :party:)

Its the only steel 456 frame made with swap outs, apparently was made as a show room piece. I bought it just after the very last steel 456 was sold from On One and was no longer needed.

Took it out for its first spin today, great bike! Its a few years since riding a hardtail, but its feels great! Just need to drop the chainring down from 34t to a 32t and it will be perfect.

byrt

Squid
wow everyone have beautiful bikes! Thanks for sharing those photos. Makes me realize that I have a pretty old bike. It cost me $100
Its an Apollo Summit 606I not sure how old it is but someone did not want it anymore as it was rusting.

Im doing 30 kilometers everyday trip to town and back. Looks like I have to upgrade very soon as the Stem is pretty loose :-(

How do I know how old is the bike???

hairy1

Likes Bikes
sc chameleon

There aren't many hills here in Darwin and the wet season is not very nice for moving parts - solution: have less gears/moving parts. Had a bit of trouble with the BB slipping initally, solved with a couple of beer can shims (inbetween the wedgie bit and main body of the ebb - see pic)

Large SC Chameleon (4th gen?) with eccentric BB
dt swiss xmc 130 fork
xt 9spd crank (32 tooth / 15tooth rear)
690mm bars / 70mm stem
non-matching brakes
tubeless (xm819s) slant six 2.35 up the front and some crappy continental 2.4 at the back

fun to ride, easy to maintain

chameleon2.jpgchameleon ebb.jpgchameleon1.jpg

customxguy

Cannon Fodder
The goal, budget all mountain hardtail. Still collecting parts not many to go. Total cost so far $1100.

Frame - 05 Norco Sasquatch, stripped and powder coated
Front shock/fork - Fox 32 RL 160mm
Handlebars - Funn Fatboy 750mm
Stem -Funn Funnduro
Headset - Jetblack
Grips - Clarks
Saddle - WTB silverado
Seatpost - Old one I had laying around (short term)
Brakes - Avid juicy sevens 185mm
Cranks - Truvativ holzafeller
BB - Truvativ howitzer
Rear derailleur -Shimano zee
Rear shifter - Shimano zee
Wheels - Mavic Cross max st
Tyres - nobby nics 2.25"

20140109_101501.jpgIMG_1231.JPGIMG_1230.JPGIMG_1235.JPG