Post your All MTN/Funduro hardtail

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
First non-melty weather in rAdelaide for several days meant boring things got discarded for ride time. On One 45650b in rare "vaguely clean" mode.

20151208_141612.jpg

It's dirtier now.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
That is a beauty, gold/orange tied in superbly.
Thanks mate! It's so much fun to ride. Previous owner (hey Tom!) threw the proverbial kitchen sink at it with the build, I've just been arsing around swapping parts and colour matching because I have OCD/am a wanker.

Got a box from CRC inbound. Bike will be "finished" after that and I'll put a couple more photos up.

Oh and PWT is fine to ride on, there's a militant walkers group that keep putting up "no riding" signs. They make good kindling apparently.

lindz1817

Likes Dirt
Love this thread. Been a while since I posted mine. It's been my do it all bike for a year now. Still no desire to switch to a dually. Done some casual racing on it this year and has handled everything from XC to DH runs with no issues what so ever. I can't express how much fun it is to ride.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449815258.953596.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449815301.256946.jpg

rone

Eats Squid
Old school XT 4-pots, sweeeet! How do they compare to the more modern brakes?
Bloody great. Bought new in 2002/03, upgraded with 785 levers and Goodridge hose. Saint power/XT weight.

Bit of a grandpa's axe, but i'll be keeping them forever.

spoozbucket

Likes Dirt
Wow, the old Kujo and it's PRF(?) sidewall, things used to slice like crazy. I miss the days when decent tyres were $30RRP and you could get Tioga DH tyres for $20.

Diggin' the PP and DMR frames, very cool steeds indeed.

Travis22

Likes Dirt
Used to race Methos on the XC bike and Missiles on the DH bike (the DMR was my DH bike - was full XTR with AC chain guides) iirc. Might still have some Missiles somewhere. The Kujo's were great too, cannot remember, was there a difference between the Missiles and Kujo or just a name change?

Never had any issues with the DH tires but the Mithos XC tires used to loose lugs all the time.

lindz1817

Likes Dirt
Does anyone else in this thread come across other riders while on a AM hardtail and stop to have a chat. Only to have them stare intensely at the seat tube/ down tube as if a rear shock is somehow hiding down there somewhere, and then comment on how 'weird' the bike is?

NICK ATKINS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can you still get a decent 26 inch frame that can take a 150mm fork or has everything gone 650? Or someone got an old ragley pig they want to part with?

spoozbucket

Likes Dirt
Yeah, Cotic, Stanton, possibly On-One, BTR, Chromag.

Some of the 650b frames may be okay with 26" wheels and a 150mm fork, mine would have been around 12.5"bb height with 26" wheels and with a 415mm back end it's still pretty easy to manual.