Post your hilly rides here!

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
Art, numbers are limited due to not wanting too many ppl out on course to keep track of. 25 entries in total for the 300&400, with around 15 already taken I believe.

There is talk of a shorter 200k loop as well via thompsons dam. But nothing confirmed yet

Time wise, hoping to get it done in under 15hrs total time including stops. That would be fairly cruisey but solid all day pace, it's all self navigated of a cue sheet, so that adds a bit of fun as well.
Thanks for the reply Ben! Just checking dates it turns out I won't be able to attend. Same date as the brother in laws wedding :-( will keep an eye out for future rides.
Looking at the route there are some great roads/tracks in there.....(you needs to take the German spur track after climbing out of woods point, it's a doozy. You will never forget it!)

jathanas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sometimes I wonder wtf I'm doing, other days it's a joy and I finish a big ride fresh. The thing that sucks is that you don't know how you're going to feel until half way in or less.
I know exactly how I'd feel if I rode any of the rides you and others have posted mate. I must admit though, I'm inspired to HTFU and get some serious kms under my legs... Thank you all.

Matt C

Likes Dirt
I know this is in the victoria section, do miss living there!! But if anyone's ever in nsw and wants some hills heres a nice hit out for MTB or cx
Check out this route on Strava: https://www.strava.com/routes/1148119
Yeah, I'm just going to slink away and come back when I've got something worthwhile to post about...haha.

To be honest, I'm looking forward to the Forrest Festival next weekend as a cruisy couple of days !

MJG

Likes Dirt
Looking at the route there are some great roads/tracks in there.....(you needs to take the German spur track after climbing out of woods point, it's a doozy. You will never forget it!)
Damn, just saw this today. Saw the sign for German Spur Track at Frenchmans Gap and again further down on the northside descent of the Woods Point-Jamieson Rd and wondered what that would be like. Your comments suggest it wouldn't have been the best choice for a CX with 35 mm tyres? Maybe next year if I'm on a 29er.

big gags

Likes Bikes
Looks like I will be heading out with a few guys from Warburton on Australia Day - Reefton Spur, Lake Mountain, Marysville, Acheron Way, Donna Buang, then back down to Warburton. This is what I consider to be one of the better road rides in Victoria and if I had an overseas visitor who wanted to go on a road ride then this is the one I would take them on!! The weather is looking good for the weekend and hopefully we will have 5 or 6 guys doing the ride. I haven't been on the road bike for a while but hopefully all the SS mountain biking that I have been doing has strengthened the legs up a bit.

Last time we did this ride I cracked 102 km/h on the descent down into Marysville - might take it a bit easier this time around.