Post your Roadie

scblack

Leucocholic
Cinelli looks sweet. What was lacking with the Chinarello out of curiousity?
Its a chinese fake. I learnt a hell of a lot in the process of building it up, but was always going to replace the frame for a genuine article.

I may build it up cheap to be a pub bike now, maybe single speed. It'll be the only Dogma pub bike in the world, I reckon.

taitt

Likes Dirt
Its a chinese fake. I learnt a hell of a lot in the process of building it up, but was always going to replace the frame for a genuine article.

I may build it up cheap to be a pub bike now, maybe single speed. It'll be the only Dogma pub bike in the world, I reckon.
Flexy? Geometries off?

Dogma pub bike would be amazing. Park it next to my SS Cervelo SLC SL with mega risers. Shits the triathletes to tears.

Steve_N

Likes Dirt
Here's mine... My first ever proper road bike. Giant Defy Advanced with 105. Have swapped out the flexy stock wheels for Mavic Kysrium Elites, the stock tyres for Conti Gatorskins (after flat spotting the stock tyres after a car pulled out in front of me) and the bar tape for some Lizard Skins. Also sports a K-Edge Garmin mount for Edge 500 and Time iClic pedals (Time pedals rock). I'm not particularly flexible so have flipped the stem and never been happier... Not sure of weight, don't particularly care... Loving this bike a lot. Never thought I'd enjoy this roadie thing but have been very wrong...

20120813_161412.jpg

lanab

Squid
I have a Nishiki Olympic Royal 1981, mint condition

20120817_235809_1.jpg

Frame: Champion No 1
Handle Bar: SR "Cinelli-Type"
Stem: Shimano Dura Ace EX
Front Chainwheel: Shimano Dynamic Drive EX
Pedals: Shimano Dynamic Drive EX
Rims: Araya 16B
Tires: Continental Giro tubulars.
Shimano Dura Ace EX
Caliper Brake: Shimano Dura Ace EX
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Dura Ace EX
Front Derailleur: Shimano Dura Ace EX
Seat Pillar: Shimano Dura Ace EX
Saddle: Concor San Marco

Last edited:

xc turbine

Likes Bikes
My Roadie.

I have to apologise for the filthy bar tape

Sram Force
Core carbon wheels.
3T Carbon bars
Extra lite stem
7.4kgs with those wheels, 7 flat with my standard race wheels.

IMG_20120820_155528.jpg

xc turbine

Likes Bikes
I knew someone would pick it up. I snapped off the double tap shifter a few days ago.

You can also see there are no pedals or brake pads.

RB 24

Likes Dirt
I knew someone would pick it up. I snapped off the double tap shifter a few days ago.

You can also see there are no pedals or brake pads.
hey mate,

are you running a 3mm spacer under your stem to your headset cap?

Trying to find the right spacer height that works and yours looks low enough that I like...what is it like for any rides for a few hours or is it just a race machine?

sorry for the strange questions.

thanks

xc turbine

Likes Bikes
RB 24:
I'm actually not running a spacer at all just the headset top cap. That's my everyday road bike and have used it on rides as long as 7 hours. However that just suits my build and also I like to get low, and do work on being able to. When it comes down to it that works and suits me well.

Sumgy:
Cheers, no real reason, there was a slight bump from the bar end so I taped
it up and like the feel of it.

Last edited:

dej

Likes Bikes
Here's my two roadies
litespeed 2004 model, had it since new and done countless thousands of km's in various countries with it:)
specs:
campag zonda 2012 wheels
campag record brifters
campag cranks, gears etc

1980's colnago master - bought this frame about 5 years ago
specs:
fulcrum wheels (taken off my litespeed when i got the zondas)
campag centaur 2012 groupset
king headset, thompson post, san marco saddle

MARKL

Eats Squid
1980's colnago master - bought this frame about 5 years ago
specs:
fulcrum wheels (taken off my litespeed when i got the zondas)
campag centaur 2012 groupset
king headset, thompson post, san marco saddle
The Litespeed is nice but I love the Colnago!

Yet1

Likes Dirt
Van Nicholas

After riding mtb's only for the last almost 20 years I finally joined the roadie brigade. So picked this up today! Van Nicholas Mistral - Titanium frame, easton carbon fork, sram apex groupset and mavic aksium wheels. Had my first ride on it today (also the first ride on a roadie ever!) and was impressed. Although looking down at a super skinny wheel was off putting (used to looking down at a 2.35 Hans Dampf).

Mistral.jpg

dej

Likes Bikes
The Litespeed is nice but I love the Colnago!
Thanks!
I've wanted one since about 1987 when i saw one in the window of a bike shop.
I didnt really even know anything about them to be honest, i just liked the name and the paintjobs:)
It generally shares commuting duties with my mtb. I save the litespeed for weekend rides and hilly kinda stuff.
I find the colnago just rolls along nice and smooth. The litespeed feels a bit jittery (maybe a shorter wheelbase?)

lucifuge

Likes Bikes
2012 Giant Defy Advanced 2

Updates

- Contintal Gatorskins
- Black handlebar tape
- Specialized Avatar saddle with titanium rails
- XTR pedals

Approx 7.8kg

Attachments