Post your Roadie

Christo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Quite a few changes to my Tarmac since last post in this thread.

Finally have 175mm cranks, Vredestein Fortezza tyres & my $350 1650g wheelset - these have been ace, very stiff under my 90kgs & they saved 200g over the Aksiums they replaced.

Binaural

Eats Squid
I run the SKS fenders all the time. They are light enough when you are running the stock wheels. Been meaning to put a rack on, have an okay one lying around, but haven't felt the need yet.
The SKS fenders are as close to essential as you can get for commuting in the rain or snow (especially snow, commuting on a roadie is not the best idea under those conditions). However, you can't take too much care mounting them to ensure they don't mark your frame and forks. An alternative for commuting is to get waterproof short - Altura make them I think - and provided you have a jacket that covers the gap between the top of the pants then that's also a practical solution.

nizai

Likes Dirt
Picked up my new 09' Bowery for a steal (on clearance) from the bike shoppe last week. Just awaiting my set of eggbeaters to go on it. First week of commuting was fun. Keeps me honest on those hills, pretty easy ride into work, just a smidgen harder on the way home with a stiff sea breeze and 2 big hills...

Im calling it "Fauxie". Because its a fake fixie.

N

Attachments

Christo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My other roadie

My Langster, 7.9kg with utilitarian wheelset, generally used for wet weather commuting or masochistic centuries.

C Dunlop

Likes Dirt
Lynskey Cooper
Alpha-Q GS-10 fork
Ultegra 6700 group and wheels
Thomson Controls + seat clamp
Selle Italia SLR
Vittoria Open Corsa tyres

7850g all up, rides like angels are massaging your arse. Zero noticable flex. Best bike of any sort that I have ever owned. Cost a small fortune (for me) but worth every cent. I won't be needing another roadie for 10 years or more. With the amount it cost I probably wont be allowed one either!

View attachment 166089

Kona Paddy Wagon for the daily 4000m individual pursuit to class. Jack Bobridge has nothing on me when I am running late for a history lecture.

View attachment 166090

Christo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Lynskey Cooper
Alpha-Q GS-10 fork
Ultegra 6700 group and wheels
Thomson Controls + seat clamp
Selle Italia SLR
Vittoria Open Corsa tyres

7850g all up, rides like angels are massaging your arse. Zero noticable flex. Best bike of any sort that I have ever owned. Cost a small fortune (for me) but worth every cent. I won't be needing another roadie for 10 years or more. With the amount it cost I probably wont be allowed one either!

View attachment 166089

Kona Paddy Wagon for the daily 4000m individual pursuit to class. Jack Bobridge has nothing on me when I am running late for a history lecture.

View attachment 166090
Sounds sensational, can't wait to see some working pictures.

cam-o

Likes Bikes and Dirt
& my $350 1650g wheelset - these have been ace, very stiff under my 90kgs & they saved 200g over the Aksiums they replaced.
Is 1650g light for roadie wheels? I've never weighed mine but I just bought some 1600g XC wheels, so would have assumed road wheels get a fair bit lighter than that without going too extreme ?

Christo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is 1650g light for roadie wheels? I've never weighed mine but I just bought some 1600g XC wheels, so would have assumed road wheels get a fair bit lighter than that without going too extreme ?
It's not bad for that pricepoint, comparable to a Mavic Ksyrium wheelset which retails around $800 last I checked.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
My custom Reynolds 501 Clamont (Geoff Scott) road bike I spec'd & built myself back when I was 15 years old. I don't ride it any more as the 27" tyres are bloody horrible (Avocet FasGrip 7/8" slicks, 140psi, they are the only tyres in the whole world I can find that will fit the frame!) but I will never, ever sell it as it's now 25 years old & holds a lot of memories.

Full Shimano 600EX ensemble, Mavic MA40 rims, 3TTT stem, etc - it was considered bling back then :rolleyes:

Just hangs in the garage now, growing old...

Carlin

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm sure I've posted this bike before. I was just showing off because I like the photo.

Some more:

It's a 63 (ctc!) Jim Bundey, but with a relatively short top tube, 58 or 59 cm, which suits me well. 8-speed Shimano 600 groupset (except for the STI's). Really nice to ride.

It's due for a re-build in a year or so. If I haven't tracked down the right shifters, I might go Ultegra 9 speed, and a new drivetrain: chainrings chain cassette. Oh and fix the Cinelli bars mated to 3TTT stem (unnatural, and punishable by death).

Carlin

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My custom Reynolds 501 Clamont (Geoff Scott) road bike I spec'd & built myself back when I was 15 years old.
Nice. My girlfriend commutes on a beat-up old Gefsco, the minor dints, and crappy paint job, hide what a nice frame it really is.

Did you meet the man himself? I've heard a few stories.

Binaural

Eats Squid
It's a 63 (ctc!) Jim Bundey, but with a relatively short top tube, 58 or 59 cm, which suits me well. 8-speed Shimano 600 groupset (except for the STI's). Really nice to ride.

It's due for a re-build in a year or so. If I haven't tracked down the right shifters, I might go Ultegra 9 speed, and a new drivetrain: chainrings chain cassette. Oh and fix the Cinelli bars mated to 3TTT stem (unnatural, and punishable by death).
It's a great looking bike, the colour looks ace. Nice to see some action shots here, I've always thought that there's too many shots here of people's bikes next to something dull like a garage door instead of out and about somewhere cool. Maybe I should post some of my shots from around the place.... *makes mental note*

setonz

Likes Dirt
Full Shimano 600EX ensemble, Mavic MA40 rims, 3TTT stem, etc - it was considered bling back then :rolleyes:

I love it..i would call that bling now.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Cheers - as stated, I'll never part with it.

Nice. My girlfriend commutes on a beat-up old Gefsco, the minor dints, and crappy paint job, hide what a nice frame it really is.

Did you meet the man himself? I've heard a few stories.
Nah - was fitted at Clarence St Cyclery (back when they stocked Cannondale stuff) and gave them a colour description that they matched. I just said dark green metallic & this is what they came up with. You could choose any colour you wanted - not many places offer than any more.

ssjgogeta

Likes Dirt
Lynskey Copper BB30 Frame

Well, it's finally arrived. Thank you Mr. Lynskey for your remarkable craftmanship and attention to detail..... I LOVE this frame! :)

I was surprised to see that they did not include the clover leaf dropouts in this build. But I don't mind at all.....