Post your Roadie

jathanas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Very nice Jathanas, I'm so jealous. Awesome spec on a great bike.
Thanks scblack! This bike is exactly what I've always wanted to ride.

My first Pinarello was a Prince which together with my shoulder got written off by a tradie talking on his phone whilst driving. :) The Dogma was the logical next step.

Pina's are not for everyone, the weight weenies hate them, but it's the best bike for me. I've had Giants, a cervelo R3, and a BMC Team Elite 01. All were lighter and the BMC and Cervelo were more forgiving. Nothing comes close to how solid the Dogma feels when taking off, or how well it steers.

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
very nice bike jathanas; how many bike do you have now? imagine that would be a solid climber going up KL etc, probably comes in on 7kg or so wouldn't it?

jathanas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
very nice bike jathanas; how many bike do you have now? imagine that would be a solid climber going up KL etc, probably comes in on 7kg or so wouldn't it?
Thanks MTB. I only have 3 bikes, this, the Epic, and my 29er SS. The rest have been sold mate. :)

Pinarellos are heavy, if you look at the forks, frames, and stays, they're very chunky bikes, which is part of the beauty I see in them. It feels really solid and it is great to climb with. I honestly haven't weighed it. :) I'd imagine that it be around 7, but only b/c the Lightweights are feathers...

It comes on it's own when you're riding a twisty crit circuit, or if you have a need for multiple accelerations. It's so stiff, but it doesn't beat you up...

scblack

Leucocholic
Thanks scblack! This bike is exactly what I've always wanted to ride.

My first Pinarello was a Prince which together with my shoulder got written off by a tradie talking on his phone whilst driving. :) The Dogma was the logical next step.

Pina's are not for everyone, the weight weenies hate them, but it's the best bike for me. I've had Giants, a cervelo R3, and a BMC Team Elite 01. All were lighter and the BMC and Cervelo were more forgiving. Nothing comes close to how solid the Dogma feels when taking off, or how well it steers.
Last year I had a Chinarello Dogma. It weighed less than Daver's real Dogma2, with very similar parts. And it was an awesome machine to ride, felt very solid and responsive. From reading RIDE magazine its very widely known that Dogma's have never been built down to a weight. In August last year I replaced the Chinarello with a Cinelli, and within two weeks they brought out a special for Prince frames in Oz, but they missed my date of replacement. Still I love my Cinelli.

jathanas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Last year I had a Chinarello Dogma. It weighed less than Daver's real Dogma2, with very similar parts. And it was an awesome machine to ride, felt very solid and responsive. From reading RIDE magazine its very widely known that Dogma's have never been built down to a weight. In August last year I replaced the Chinarello with a Cinelli, and within two weeks they brought out a special for Prince frames in Oz, but they missed my date of replacement. Still I love my Cinelli.

As you should love your Cinelli scblack buddy! :) Cinelli has history, and they make beautiful bikes that I have a soft spot for.

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm finally back on a roadie - scored myself a TCR A2 pretty cheap over the weekend.

It's nothing too special, 105 group, giant / Race Face branded controls and Shimano wheels but it's enough to get me back on the road.

Pics to follow :)

Cave Dweller

Eats Squid
Road Bike

Thought i would post this, been rocking it for a few years now. Mostly Ultegra drive train with exception of a SRAM solid block red cluster, BeOne frame, Fulcrum 1 wheels plus thomson stem and post. Some none conforming XTR mtb pedals used with Sidi shoes (same as road shoes) that makes struting around at the coffee shop post ride much easier.

road bike.jpg

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Thought i would post this, been rocking it for a few years now. Mostly Ultegra drive train with exception of a SRAM solid block red cluster, BeOne frame, Fulcrum 1 wheels plus thomson stem and post. Some none conforming XTR mtb pedals used with Sidi shoes (same as road shoes) that makes struting around at the coffee shop post ride much easier.

View attachment 263869
And chainwhip kickstand! :p

ClintC

Likes Dirt
My Felt F5 with poseur wheelset. Will swap to black grip tape and cables in the near future. Hope to replace the 105 gear with SRAM Force too.

IMG_0271.jpg

Mammy

Likes Dirt
First ever roadie for me; probably a bit of overkill, but fuck it, why not.

EDIT: better pic with correct saddle...

Last edited:

Mammy

Likes Dirt
Though the frame is a 51, these TMRs are sized larger than their usual fare. But from what I can tell from my first ride (about 2 hrs) it feels very comfortable, with no limbs feeling stretched or locked.

mad greek

Likes Dirt
Though the frame is a 51, these TMRs are sized larger than their usual fare. But from what I can tell from my first ride (about 2 hrs) it feels very comfortable, with no limbs feeling stretched or locked.

Looks beautiful! Congrats on the purchase

Cheers,
Theo

Mammy

Likes Dirt
Cheers!
PS, bought the bike without saddle as I have an Arione R1 on order. The Gobi was slapped on for the sake of a quick pic. May explain the slap-dash placement of it. :)

scblack

Leucocholic
Upgrade!

I took the plunge and upgraded groupset to Super Record Titanium, and added a RAM carbon seat.

100_8330.jpg

100_8299.jpg

100_8303.jpg

100_8291.jpg

100_8277.jpg

100_8306.jpg

100_8327.jpg

100_8314.jpg

RB 24

Likes Dirt
Hey SC..

give us an update on what the saddle is like.. I am walkin like a cowboy after all of a sudden not being used to my fizik arionne..

cheers man.

RB