Post your Roadie

floody

Wheel size expert
'98-ish Colnago Classic, a bit outgunned (going by the last few pages!) with 9 speed Mirage/Record and no carbon anywhere whatsoever, I like it though! :D

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
Here is a pic of my work in progress!... Not far off just need the chain on, bottle cages, bar tape and install a set of "Tubs".

Build Specifications:
Frame: Norco CRR SL
Wow didn't even know Norco did road bikes?!
Slam that stem mate - or at least flip the headstem and remove a spacer or two - its a road bike, not an easyrider ;-)

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
What is it with roadies and slamming the bloody stem? Mine is still up high and I'm liking it. But I think Cul's bike needs the hoods dropped down a few degrees.

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wow didn't even know Norco did road bikes?!
Slam that stem mate - or at least flip the headstem and remove a spacer or two - its a road bike, not an easyrider ;-)
Nor did I Court until I went hunting for info after seeing this frame cheap in the for sale section on here; in person its quite a nice frame and the geo lined up fairly well with my TCR being only 10mm longer in the TT, and 10mm in the ST so I pulled the trigger.

What is it with roadies and slamming the bloody stem? Mine is still up high and I'm liking it. But I think Cul's bike needs the hoods dropped down a few degrees.
Position is not even close to sorted yet guys, saddle will go down a bit as will the stem, shifters will go to where ever is comfortable as I ride on the hoods 90% of the time.

Hoping to have it on the Road by Wednesday arvo if my Tub tires arrive tomorrow :mullet:

Monks

Likes Dirt
...You will love your Moots though. I am planning on being buried with mine.
Are you a fortune teller Sumgy, this comment was from 2011? How close to the truth you came I do not know. Might want to think about what you say in the future. I hope you're on the mend.

floody

Wheel size expert
Floody that is very tidy. I like it a lot,
Same. Just lovely.
Cheers! I really like it. Had been sitting in a garage for years when I got it, shifters gummed up, bunch of yucky bontrager bits bolted on to try and make it more suitable for schoolgirls to do static trainer work on (!) when the 2nd owner had it (was a PE teacher). Took a while to get hold of the right bar, stem, post etc but I'm really happy with it now.

OCD'R

Likes Dirt
Some lovely bikes here from a bunch of MTBers, who'd have thought. My ride any road, anywhere bike. Love it very much.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
interested to know your throughts on the Luteus, am tossing up between that and the Enve CX.

Last edited:

OCD'R

Likes Dirt
Go Enve if funds allow (wish I did). The Luteus has funny outside of fork cable routing and crazy amounts of tyre clearance which makes it look a little weird running a 30-35mm tyre. There is supposed to be 17mm clearance both sides running a 32... Who needs that!

On the plus side, the Luteus doesn't shudder, feels stiff and predictable steering, is light and half the price of the Enve. I have a spare here brand new that has been rubbed down ready to be sprayed, can do a deal if interested (I can paint it too).

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Go Enve if funds allow (wish I did). The Luteus has funny outside of fork cable routing and crazy amounts of tyre clearance which makes it look a little weird running a 30-35mm tyre. There is supposed to be 17mm clearance both sides running a 32... Who needs that!

On the plus side, the Luteus doesn't shudder, feels stiff and predictable steering, is light and half the price of the Enve. I have a spare here brand new that has been rubbed down ready to be sprayed, can do a deal if interested (I can paint it too).
i've made the stupid decision to buy an engagement ring, so the Enve is pushing the budget at the moment...

do you have a picture of the clearances? i'm likely to stick with my 28mm tyres, so it might look ridiculous. if it looks okay i'll certainly PM you about your spare though.